It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A resolution for the gender and sexual preference crisis!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Look up "path of least resistance" it applies to nature, such as how water flows, and applies to people and psychology and crime as well.

For a man to dress up to look enough like a woman to avoid anyone questioning him going into the woman's bathroom would be a lot more work than a man with a full beard putting on a skirt and walking right in. Would it stop all people from doing these things? No.
But at least it doesn't facilitate it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Does it happen often now? Or is the real issues the op doesn't want trans folk using a ladies loo.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Technically, security cameras and such in the hand washing area, and private, full size door to ceiling and ground stalls would help reduce all crimes... Not sure you'll get everyone to implement these expensive changes, but I'd be for it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I don't want a man using the ladies bathroom!

And it wouldn't have to be a Trans man. It could be any man that will throw on a skirt.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'll just pee at home.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Cameras now in the stalls checking for penises lol.
Who is going to check the cctv? What if they are pervs?.
You are creating a problem when their is none we are all human and in many cultures they are not all prudes and understand not everything is about sex.
Kids are not bothered you know...only the prudish parents are.
I suggest they grow up and educate their kids about the differences in the human condition.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Then you have to throw in sexual preference for each of these and respect them!

BTW - - you do know that "preference" denotes that they have a choice in their sexual orientation.

Preference would be how one chooses to live their every day life, not the orientation they are born.

edit on 2-12-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   

I am saying that your solution would NOT reduce sex crimes in public bathrooms. All it would accomplish is to not allow innocent law-abiding transgender people from using the restroom most applicable to them. The bad guys already know that molesting, raping girls is against the law, and if caught, they will go to jail. That also applies to men who rape women in empty parking garages (or do you want to not allow men in parking garages?), or on jogging trails (no men allowed on jogging trails?) or any other isolated but public space.

The only way to accomplish what you want is to not allow ANY men to use ANY isolated public space, on the assumption that EVERY man is a bad guy.

link   
BTW, at what age should a mother stop bringing her little boy into the ladies room? I have seen boys that looked to be nine or ten years old being ushered into the women's restroom, and thought she needed to cut the apron strings a bit.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
BTW, at what age should a mother stop bringing her little boy into the ladies room? I have seen boys that looked to be nine or ten years old being ushered into the women's restroom, and thought she needed to cut the apron strings a bit.

Hell yeah!

Mine is 8. Still goes to ladies room with me and will continue.

His safety overrides anyone who feels uncomfortable.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I said washing area. Not stalls. This would deter some types of crimes, as you could see who's entering the stalls, but never see inside the stalls. I never said that, don't put words in my mouth.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
No time to read the whole thread, but has anyone suggested the simple, non-political solution that nobody could complain about?

Individual privacy by having individual co-ed bathrooms, one occupant at a time and a lock on the door? Nobody knows, nobody cares and nobody has to be offended or have their rights stomped on by someone else claiming its their right to offend others. Bad idea?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So what about butch looking women? They going to go in and ask for id? To make sure?.
Another unworkable idea well done.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

It's a fine idea, but realistically, in high volume places, you would need many single-room bathrooms - to avoid massive lines. Apparently, this can get pretty expensive, so if everyone is okay with higher taxes and/or higher priced goods and services to pay for all these individual rooms, it's all good.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

?? I am saying, don't allow full grown men into ladies areas. I am saying it would INCREASE public sex crimes. Even if one hetero/Cisgender male commited a crime based on the new found freedom to roam into a girls changing room or bathroom, I would not be okay with that.

I am talking about encouraging and facilitating such actions. Why do this? How is xx, xy discriminatory? No one chooses their chromosomes, and it's the easiest, simplest, most straight forward way to label a bathroom door, not to mention deny criminals the right to roam any bathroom they see fit.

I'm not punishing anyone. I'm not denying anyone anything when I say xx, xy

I definitely am discouraging the facilitation of straight men committing crimes.

Are you telling me "whatever you want" bathrooms would not encourage sexual predators to take the path of least resistance...? You honestly do not think one extra crime would be commited by someone if all bathrooms were labeled "anyone"?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The only way to accomplish what you want is to not allow ANY men to use ANY isolated public space, on the assumption that EVERY man is a bad guy.

Do you remember any discussion like this for Lesbians using the restrooms?

Seems to me it would make more sense to fear your precious little one isolated with someone who would actually be interested in females.

Such a mental hangup on physical anatomy.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Who cares? There is no "crisis" and the only reason to bring this up, as it was, was to push a political narrative.

Which we can see in the OP as being exactly their point.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm all for this idea. It solves all types of things. Thank you for the reasonable input.

I know others have suggested similar, and thank you for the realistic input rather than the foaming at the mouth "but law abiding Trans!!!" attitude.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Not really. They would be like stall, only with a wall and door that afforded privacy. The sinks could be in a shared lobby. The cost in new construction would not be much more since the expensive items like fixtures would be the same.

Cheap compared to dealing with lawsuits from fanatics.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Lesbians often identify as female still, though.

Apparently we need thirty different restrooms to make sure no one is ever uncomfortable

My premise is... Deny criminals easy access to bathrooms previously deemed unaccessible to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join