It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A resolution for the gender and sexual preference crisis!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Debating whether a man in a dress should be able to join teenage girls in say a public changing area for a swimming pool is a crisis, I'd say. Where people want to take a dump, eh, not so much.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Well just make changing rooms like they have in department rooms. They are partioned off.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I went swimming today thay have booths and it is both sexes.
Whats the problem I fail to see one.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I'm not fascinated by where others use the toilet - People's mentions of closed stalls actually fixes most concerns. It doesn't completely address a child molester, though.

Child molesting is against the law. Problem solved!

It looks like pedophilia COULD BE 100's of times more common than these intersex people we are talking about. I don't know enough to make this claim for sure, but basic statistics off a few searches seem to show it. Plus, this isn't even addressing adult/adult perversions either when it comes to changing rooms and the like.

What's to stop adult perversions now? You don't think there could be a gay male pervert going into the men's room or a lesbian female pervert going into the women's room? We already have laws to prevent and punish someone for indecent acts. Again, problem solved!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Oh yeah let's just depend on people following the law!

Suggestions like partitions and what not are good ones, I'd say.

"The law will stop them!"

Is a bad argument, I'd say.

And I'm talking about overwhelming majorities.

Source

I don't always like to use wiki, but 3.8% are homo, according to the chart. If 4/100 are pedophiles... that's a percentage of a percentage.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is a reasonable counterargument, I back this line of thinking.

Though I do still wonder if it would invite certain types of freaks to be predators in a place they weren't previously socially allowed...
edit on 2-12-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'm not fascinated by where others use the toilet - People's mentions of closed stalls actually fixes most concerns. It doesn't completely address a child molester, though.

A molester can dress up like a woman and go into the girl's restroom with molestation on his mind NOW, as there's no checking of genitals at the door. Allowing transgender women into a girl's restroom doesn't change that fact. It just protects their privacy.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

So you want to punish innocent people by not allowing them to use the restroom/locker room of their choice? Why don't you wait until they actually commit a crime before you assume they are going to commit a crime?

Men can commit a sex crime in the men's room today. Women can commit a sex crime in the women's room today. How would you prevent that?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It's now called a punishment to stick to standard bathroom/locker room protocol?

Man I hate political correctness.

I'm not sorry if the term "man" in that sentence offended anyone.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Man, I hate when people use the term political correctness incorrectly.

How about answering the question on how you would prevent a man from committing a sex crime against a little boy in the men's room right now?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

How about reading through this thread? I'm talking about overwhelming majorities.

I don't know about rape and like statistics enough to throw exact numbers at you.

I do know more woman are victims than men,though, and by a long shot if you don't include prison rapes. I do believe things should be done to prevent prison rapes, but I don't have that answer.

As for the majority of the time, trying to ensure men cannot go into a place where woman are changing and such, is a safety major that addresses the majority of cases.

It definitely is political correctness to allow someone to define their gender, change it whenever they want, and go wherever they want based on a loose definition. Xx, xy is not disputable and applies to 99 percent of people, give or take.

As for men and little boys... Definitely a concern,and it's not okay if this happens even once, but I do believe teenage girls are raped far more often than little boys are left alone in dangerous areas. I do not pretend I'm good at security or the like, though, and cannot directly give a solution to the problem you present. I'm simply providing a solution for the problem I'm presenting

Only allow xx in xx areas, only allow xy in xy areas
It addresses the majority of statistics, aka heterosexual, and age range and gender of who is most sexual the assaulted - young girl

Also, my solution means no discrimination. Somehow we call "male" and "female" loose terms that can offend someone... Xx, xy is not an opinion or option and may never be.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Too logical! Too reasonable! Too undebatable! In today's politically correct environment, that won't fly.

As far as a transgender woman using my bathroom, that has probably already been done and we were none the wiser. If you look like a woman and act like a woman, even if you have the male chromosome, just shut up and use the bathroom and leave. No need to flaunt your issues in anybody's face...right?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

On a quick read-through of the thread I did not catch on any ideas how to enforce the xx/xy partitioning. Visual identification will not work. Restroom police with blood tests?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Human nature is to take the path of least resistance. No need to dress up as "undeniably" female if we just allow anyone, however they look, to go into any changing room and bathroom. Guys could just throw on a dress not even shave their mustache and beard, but call oppression if you told them they couldn't use the girls changing room.

I don't know about you, but if I owned a bank I'd lock the doors at night. Yeah, someone could come pick the lock, disable the security system and such but it would take a lot more work on their end and is less likely to happen than if I left the door wide open.

Why do some argue we should leave that door wide open?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Pirvonen

I didn't say it would be well enforced, I just mean it wouldn't be socially acceptable for anyone of any gender to choose any door they want at any time. Years ago, if you saw a full grown man wandering into the ladies room this would be a reportable offense. Now some are calling for near the opposite, calling it an offense to deny that man his "right" to wander into a ladies bathroom or changing room.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't know about rape and like statistics enough to throw exact numbers at you.

You specifically mentioned child molesters. Here are some statistics:

Despite what children are taught about "stranger danger," most child victims are abused by someone they know and trust. When the abuser is not a family member, the victim is more often a boy than a girl.

womensissues.about.com...

That sounds to me like the biggest problem with a child molester in public restrooms would be a male abusing a boy. So, should we just assume that every man that goes into the men's room is a child molester? That sound fair to you?

Only allow xx in xx areas, only allow xy in xy areas
It addresses the majority of statistics, aka heterosexual, and age range and gender of who is most sexual the assaulted - young girl

Not according to the statistics of a stranger abusing a child. See above.

Also, my solution means no discrimination. Somehow we call "male" and "female" loose terms that can offend someone... Xx, xy is not an opinion or option and may never be.

It certainly IS discrimination to assume that every person who looks like a transgender is a child molester. Just like it would be discrimination to assume that every man is a rapist/child molester, or that every Muslim is a terrorist.
edit on 2-12-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

Human nature is to take the path of least resistance. No need to dress up as "undeniably" female if we just allow anyone, however they look, to go into any changing room and bathroom. Guys could just throw on a dress not even shave their mustache and beard, but call oppression if you told them they couldn't use the girls changing room.

I don't know about you, but if I owned a bank I'd lock the doors at night. Yeah, someone could come pick the lock, disable the security system and such but it would take a lot more work on their end and is less likely to happen than if I left the door wide open.

Why do some argue we should leave that door wide open?

That's true. Around here, I have noticed many places have three restrooms, male, female, and family. If you are one of the .01 per cent that has this issue, just use the family restroom which I suppose is for anybody, and leave.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I never said Trans people are definitely bad, but my argument doesn't apply to Trans people, it applies to bad people. A freaky non trans hetero male sees a pretty teenage girl walking into a bathroom, throws on his skirt and progressive attitude, and follows her.

This happening even once would not be okay, and would justify every bathroom in the United states being labeled xx, and xy.

And as far as child molestation, I digress
I have no answers for that, but I definitely don't believe this xx, xy business would impact man/boy crimes, and don't believe freedom to all would impact it either. I do believe allowing wherever to go where ever would increase other crimes, though.

I have no answers for those crimes, but my proposed solution would not impact male/boy crimes negatively... Unless you're suggesting that men who dress up as woman and have to use an xy bathroom are more likely to commit sexual crimes.. That discrimination would be on you. Though I doubt that's what you're saying.

If it's not what you're saying.. Please address my actual topic. Men molesting, raping girls and having free access to the private areas girls go in

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

A man could do that anyhow if he wanted to do so.
Making a loo female only will not stop that man.
A woman could also go in and abuse girls also.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

A man could do that anyhow if he wanted to do so.
Making a loo female only will not stop that man.
A woman could also go in and abuse girls also.

I think what deadlyhope is factoring in is the overt acceptance of society to allow it. In today's protocols, a man walking into a girl's bathroom would NOT be acceptable and would be a definite no-no and very noticeable, but if we start accepting it, then we let our guard down.
edit on 2-12-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join