It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A resolution for the gender and sexual preference crisis!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It's hard to define someone based on gender these days I mean you have

Male
Female
Trans male
Trans female
Gender queer
And probably some I forgot.. Sorry liberals!

Then you have to throw in sexual preference for each of these and respect them!
Gay
Lesbian
Bi
Transvestite
Pan
Asexual
And probably more I forgot.

My way to make it easy? Make it biology only. No more opinions or spotlights or special snowflakes.

XY
XX

These two will cover the vast, vast majority of the population, and it's really not xxy males and such wanting the spotlight anyways.

So there you have it! Bathroom doors should have xy or xx on it. Sexual preference can easily be indicated as well!

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well I agree, but I can pretty much name at least 4 different members who will now come in here like a gang (they usually roll together) to school you on why you are hateful and ignorant of trans this and that. Prepare for flaming that will make Satan go "ouch, that burns!"

I wont name them though because you know, Alert button and all.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
M'ehh Gay's don't have issues with bathroom choice.

You can put whatever label on the door you want. It ain't gonna make any difference.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Well you don't "label" people their chromosomes... They just are. No arguments, no emotions, no opinions about chromosomes.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

So you actually want the ravishing post-op woman to use men's bathroom or the burly post-op man to go to the ladies'? Imagine the screams then.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I'm not going near this one lol.

It's those chromosones you talk about that cause all the transgender grief.

As a gay male I have no issues with you proposal.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
GANG ALERT!!!!!

I'm not even going to say anything. Carry on. Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Pirvonen

I want the xy to use the bathroom labeled xy and the xx to use the bathroom labeled xx.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

What do you think your female-presenting xx persons will say and do when a grizzled male-looking xx comes to the bathroom they are in?

What do you think the little xx wife will say and do when she sees her xy husband following a curvy female-presenting xy to the bathroom?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Conservatives seem far more obsessed with labels, gender identity and sexual orientation than liberals, on average, based on number of threads, number of posters, etc.

Just sayin'.

Transvestism is strictly speaking a fetish, not a sexual orientation. (It just means wearing cross-gendered culturally defined clothing). Many male transvestites are straight and cisgendered, LOL.

Your "biology solution" ignores the scientific fact of intersex people.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I'm just going to go pee out back. I'm not going to put my dog in this fight. Somebody call the Silly Police.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I mentioned at the end of my thread that it's not those type of people that are begging for attention. I mentioned xxy chromosomes, and intersex falls under the same category. I just think my "solution" makes things cut and dry for 99.9 percent of people. The other .1 percent are circumstances I empathise with and believe opinions and choices and such are important.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Pirvonen

So you're saying all people should have a choice at which bathroom and changing room they use?

I think xx, xy system could be abused the least and makes the most sense. The majority of people are straight or bi, and I don't think a dude should be able to go into the girls locker room simply because he wears a dress.

The labels "xy" and "xx" are a lot more transparent and not up for debate, words like "male" and "female" seem to be.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I was debating three sections to put this in... Here, rant, or jokes. I do think it's silly and think such topics don't need to be discussed on a national level. Xx, xy system is as clear as can be for the overwhelming majority.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

If you've got a hoo-hoo dilly you pee with the boys. If you have a cha-cha you pee with the girls. Problem solved.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If u have a willy go where the urinals are. Those things have terrible aim!
Well actually I don't really care. As long as they are just in there to relieve themselves who cares? We all share our bathrooms at home. Not that I would ever install a urinal in my bathroom at home.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

What if we had just an adults washroom and then one for families with minor children??? Does that make any sense?? So like adults, and all their umm, differences and varieties go to one bathroom, minor children and/or guardians in another??

So we umm, all still have two bathrooms, and like, grown adults can just like learn to live side by side with maturity while taking dumps (forgive the vulgar term) and putting out fires ya know?? I think that would spare the kids.

edit on 2-12-2015 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Gryphon66

I mentioned at the end of my thread that it's not those type of people that are begging for attention. I mentioned xxy chromosomes, and intersex falls under the same category. I just think my "solution" makes things cut and dry for 99.9 percent of people. The other .1 percent are circumstances I empathise with and believe opinions and choices and such are important.

Begging for attention? So, anyone who has a different gender identity than what you consider standard is merely grandstanding? Any evidence?

Can you cite statistics that reflect your 99.9 / 0.1 split for what you see as genuine trans*/non-binary/intersex folk?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

What are we "sparing" kids from, again?

Knowing that other people go to the bathroom?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Let's note that the reality of xx and xy (and other variations) are chromosomal differences. Microscopic.

Why would that difference necessitate a different bathroom?

Isn't there a point where the silliness goes both ways?

Let's just make all public bathrooms private: one person (or a parent with child/children) goes in, does what they need to do privately, leaves, next person.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join