It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the audio? Chicago Police dashcam video of Laquan McDonald shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I saw this over at Live leak and it looks like it is the audio from the Laquan McDonald shooting. It really makes it look worse IMO and I can see why they would try and suppress it.

I also saw that the manager of the Burger King testified to a grand jury that the cops deleted over an hour of video from their camera that showed the shooting..

I really dont think just charging the cop is going to be enough . every one involved in deleting the burger king video and trying to suppress the dashcam video and lying about the audio should be charged with accessory to 1st degree murder..

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo
I don't even see charging in the video. I see a boy/man walking away from the cops. Zero threat.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
It sounds like he put another 7-8 shots into him, AFTER, he was incapacitated on the ground. He does that, then kicks the knife from his hands.

What the hell was he afraid of, Gambit like super powers?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The man will face manslaughter charges. That is all we can do after the fact. The problem I have with it , is why did they set bail ? (I know it was a million and a half dollars) But why let him out at all ? To me , this was a murder 1 and a hate crime.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I can't attest to the validity of the audio. But damn.

When cops are only looking after themselves, this is what you get.

A guy who is clearly wounded, and dying, and spasmodic, is seen as a threat.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Not only that but he made bail...

Where the hell did he get 1.5m from...

Taxpayers no doubt.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Taxpayers no doubt.

The Unions always bail them out and get them a top notch lawyer..

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

I can't attest to the validity of the audio. But damn.

When cops are only looking after themselves, this is what you get.

A guy who is clearly wounded, and dying, and spasmodic, is seen as a threat.

Actually he was resisting arrest

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Even worse with sound if it's it.

The shots at the end...

link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Didn't hear when they told him he was under arrest.

I know you were being sarcastic btw, at least I hope you were.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Taxpayers no doubt.

No. Attorneys can post bail for him. The court does not care who posts it. Most of your high visibility , high bail cases , do have the bail posted by the attorney. My question : Who is the attorney ? ( actually I already know)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Didn't hear when they told him he was under arrest.

I know you were being sarcastic btw, at least I hope you were.

Damn straight I was being sarcastic..... I get a really bad taste in my mouth with some of what is happening

ETA... And I didn't hear he was under arrest either... I may have missed it ....
edit on 2-12-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

The shooter isn't the one that kicks away the knife if I recall correctly.

I'm far less worried about the number of shots than I am the first shot.

The issue is if this guy was an actual threat. I would say obviously not. I think the cop panicked personally. I don't think it was "shoot the n-word", I think it was "He kinda moved towards me and a fellow officer and I overreacted and panicked".

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Do you not know how bail works?

Not trying to be an ass, just wondering because if not it's worth explaining. It's always been incredibly weird to me.
edit on 0220151220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Explain away, Domo.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hold up... is this even the real audio?

something tells me it isn't...

it's obvious somebody WOULD fake it,
though I don't know if that's the case...

Based on the YT comments, they're just assuming it's real.

*sigh*

I guess the audio adds to the 'shock' value...

But that doesn't mean it's legit...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Ahhh, OK. So when you see a bail amount, it's actually 10% to get the person out. You go to a bail bond place. They essentially give you a loan, so in this case it would be $150,000 for a $1.5 million bail. So say your parents don't want you in jail, they put there house up as collateral, so you get bailed out.

If the person fails to go to court appointments, the company and the person that posted bail are in deep financial trouble. Which is why we have bounty hunters.

it's all pretty screwy. I also think it's actually illegal, I remember reading something about not imposing ridiculous bail on people, but it happens all the time. If the person is a flight risk or dangerous, sometimes they don't get bail. It's disgusting to realize that people with the appropriate assets or connections can get bailed out, even if the crime is especially heinous. It's disgusting to realize people who can't scrounge up a few hundred bucks are going to be locked up a lot longer for the same crime.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Ahhh, OK. So when you see a bail amount, it's actually 10% to get the person out. You go to a bail bond place. They essentially give you a loan, so in this case it would be $150,000 for a $1.5 million bail. So say your parents don't want you in jail, they put there house up as collateral, so you get bailed out.

If the person fails to go to court appointments, the company and the person that posted bail are in deep financial trouble. Which is why we have bounty hunters.

it's all pretty screwy. I also think it's actually illegal, I remember reading something about not imposing ridiculous bail on people, but it happens all the time. If the person is a flight risk or dangerous, sometimes they don't get bail. It's disgusting to realize that people with the appropriate assets or connections can get bailed out, even if the crime is especially heinous. It's disgusting to realize people who can't scrounge up a few hundred bucks are going to be locked up a lot longer for the same crime.

All true except the last sentence. If you serve time while waiting for your hearings/trial that counts as time served.

So a person with a year sentence who was in jail for 4 months waiting for a trial gets 6 months tacked on.

A person who was out on bond would still have to serve 1 year.
edit on 2-12-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Actual audio or not, this whole incident reeks of unnecessary death.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Actual audio or not, this whole incident reeks of unnecessary death.

I agree. But who called the cops? Why where they there if he is simply a non-threat walking down the street? Are cops just randomly shooting at people walking down the street? If he is a non-threat what is the point of police involvement?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join