It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American man forced into joblessness and homelessness because

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SHABBYCAT

I would recomend you to consult a lawyer

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Prayers to your son. Sadly, I'm a 19-year-old Aspergic still living at home and I don't understand all these day-to-day struggles you have. I'm afraid I can't help. If I tried, I might do more harm then good.

All I can do is hope for the best. I hope your son finds some semblance of stability in his life so he may make his dreams come true.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Hmm...clearly you weren't here when there was as I posted...which explain my comments.....even the OP admitted to making the mistake of pressing the wrong button.

As to the OP I am not sure how to get the necessary paper work/identification, but I know for sure it is not impossible.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am so angry. This kid didn't deserve to have his life destroyed. He is a kid. What kind of America are we living in. I am guessing we need a lawyer. I have spent countless hours on Google. Making phone calls. I just thought maybe I've missed something. Maybe? My 16 year old daughter asked me to take her asap to get a photo ID. She is terrified to have this happen. My son is terrified. He has been telling me he feels like giving up. I mean 20 is an adult but he is a kid. He doesn't know how to handle this. And I am usually pretty tough on my kiddos. I am the first to say "what did You do to make this happen to you?" But he just doesn't deserve it. It's sad.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

About ten years ago I found out that my "Birth Certificate" (the one with the little hand and foot prints) wasn't a legal document. I had to go down to the Town Hall to get the "actual" birth certificate. It didn't cost much and I was shocked that I didn't have to wait more than 30 minutes. Unfortunately, I don't remember what documentation I had to provide to get the "legal" birth certificate.

As far as the ID... If I recall correctly, the threshold for a NON-Driver License ID is much lower than a Driver's License. I believe they require not much more than a high school transcript and two other forms of "proof of residence" (utility bills or credit card bills showing a mailing address). Of course, this may vary by state.

If all else fails, and it makes me sick to say this.... Just go to NYC. For the past year or two City Hall has been pushing for ID's for EVERYONE (clearly aimed at but not limited to illegal immigrants). Incidentally, and for reasons I can't understand, this NYC ID is not only a legal document but also comes with a year-long membership to many museums and cultural centers.

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this Thread was created out of sarcasm or not... but either way I stand behind my post.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

They won't take his school ID nor his certified papers from high school. They told him because of his age he needs , get this , college papers. WTH. We have always lived or tried to live with as little government involvement in our lives. My eldest son 27 has no photo ID. He won't get one. He lives a off grid lifestyle. I guess my other reason to post this is to show people you can't live off grid if you ever plan to be on. Lose one paper and you too could be in a similar situation. It happens more than you know. But it has personally affected me now. I want to figure this out for him. And hopefully leave behind info for another person who may end up in a similar situation.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

We have a real birth certificate. It's easy to get. I live in a small town. We walked in and got it in minutes. He has High school transcripts. Certified. Didn't work. He doesn't have bills in his name.
edit on 1/12/2015 by SHABBYCAT because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The government page I linked in the first page says school ID works... My distrust of people is starting to make me think something is off with your tale

Sorry I don't believe you anymore, it's the way I am

When there is a will there is a way, otherwise bs

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

No sarcasm here. I made a mistake while trying to make this post. It was a strange mistake and brought some jokes. But I am dead serious. My son is on the streets. Because it is impossible to get proof of identity without paperwork. All he has is a real Birth Certificate , Certified High School transcripts, knows his SS number, elementary photo ID for emergencies, hospital birth certificate. And I believe that's all. He has worked for a Vape shop paid cash for a year or so. Stayed with me. Paying his share of bills. But when our lease ended that's when all this came down and he couldn't get another place to live. It's complicated. But the fact is if you don't have an ID you can't get an ID.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

The government page I linked in the first page says school ID works... My distrust of people is starting to make me think something is off with your tale

Sorry I don't believe you anymore, it's the way I am

When there is a will there is a way, otherwise bs

He took that with him. They told him it was too old. I didn't understand that. But I am planning to go with him when I can and take every single paper we found and finding out exactly why he can't use it. He is 20. Left high school at 16. Did an online school for a year and then quit. That's beside the point. I am sorry you don't believe me. I don't know what I would gain from making a Rant about this and lying. But thanks for your contribution. Have a good night.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It literally has to be possible and if not then there is certainly something wrong with this country. That should be beyond enough.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
It literally has to be possible and if not then there is certainly something wrong with this country. That should be beyond enough.

From the calls I have made he is in real trouble. I was skeptical when he told me this was going on. I had no problem around 6 years ago getting a new ID and SS card. But with the new laws and all the fear of terrorist and all it is very difficult. To get some of the papers they say you cab use as secondary proof you Need An ID. They won't just give you medical info with no ID. I am not kidding. I drove him to his high school to get the transcripts. I watched him pay for them. They were easy. I gave them my ID. But because he is 20 most places wont let mommy get info. Especially medical papers.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

My first thought is that, rather than he lives on the street, he might stay with you temporarily. Seems like common sense to me.

Second thought is that a little effort and time should resolve this. Ask carefully what they can accept, get an actual birth certificate from the munipality he was born in rather than the birth record from the hospital, and get to work certifying his identity. How about copies of his tax returns? Anybody with a job should have those. Did his former employer take a copy of his SS Card? That should be standard practice. Obtain the copy and go from there.

If one person at the SS office won't help go back the next day. Ask for a supervisor. It may even be possible to get assistance with getting an ID from a local homeless organization. Where there's a will there is a way. If I was going to end up on the streets you could be damned sure I'd be jumping through whatever hoops I needed to.

ID is important if you plan on navigating the modern world.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

We'll there you go. Something I did not think of. Thank you. I will direct him to try the homeless shelter. I can only do so much for him. I am still raising a daughter. He cannot stay with me. And that hurts me to my core but without going into my situation or life too much , I can't have him live with me. But I have not thought of the homeless shelter. Actually that just gave me a few new ideas. This is what this entire post was for. Thank you so much.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Also. He has a real birth certificate. We got that no problem. He has both the hospital one and government issue. Had a SS card and lost it. Never had to give ID nor SS to job. I guess they were paying him "under the table" for a year. He had a job for a couple months about 3 years ago. They had him fill out paperwork for SS. They never sent his W2. I called to try to get a copy. No return call yet. I figured if we got that it would solve all this. My only concern is they may ask for ID to hand over his old W2.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have been researching the requirements for getting just a photo ID card at the DMV . My son did this (was a few years ago)
Does your son have an unexpired auto , life , health , home insurance policy ? Possibly from work coverage ?
This cant be impossible.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Can he get an ID at the Dmv....not. A drivers license but an ID. They have state ID for people who don't drive and need an ID. ....does he have an old school ID or library card ? Credit cards with his picture in it ? ....and if all else fails....call your local,congressman.....ask them for help. ...or the local news Chanel.....by the way, sounds like it's time he learns how to drive and get a license.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Here, this might help.

Why is he homeless? You can't take him in until this is sorted out?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone who read what I wrote and genuinely tried to help. I am a person who has been a member here for years and never felt I had enough know how to post on here. I threw caution to the wind hoping for an idea I did not think of. Thank you to the people who read what I wrote and genuinely tried to help. I am not gonna continue with this post. Obviously it is too much too ask for ideas. I am shocked at how this post went down. I now remember why I always stayed as a reader and not a poster on ATS. Thanks.
Denise.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Something isn't right here. Can't quite put my finger on it, but if all the TX-approved SS alternatives are being blown out of the water by the OP, it's smelling funny. We moved halfway across the country, and I misplaced my old ID AND SS card. DMV was happy to settle for marriage license & hubby vouching for my identity in their stead. Which is effing hilarious upon reflection, because every time hubby has had to get or renew an ID, they reject his German BC because they don't believe it's real XD

Edit: Rereading that, it sounds like I'm saying the DMV let me get an ID with just a piece of paper & my husband's word alone. What I mean is his word & the ML took the place of the SS card & other ID, alongside my BC & our lease.
edit on 12/2/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join