It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s how far-right Christians incited stochastic terrorism at a Colorado Springs PP

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: introvert

Well, the crazy murders probably heard the BLM rhetoric somewhere...and it inspired them to take out a cop.
Same logic as the OP.

Hardly.

You have to do better than that.

He's using about the same amount of logic the OP is using.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: onthedownlow

Did you hear that Ted Cruise has announce his virginia campaign co-chairs? Ya he picked Cynthia Dunbar as one of them.

Among other far-right views, Dunbar says she opposes the separation of church and state since she believes the founders wanted the government to promote religion. After leaving the school board, Dunbar admitted that she tried to shape the state’s curriculum in order to cure America of being a “biblically illiterate society” by teaching “the ‘laws of nature’s God’ revealed through the Holy Scripture.”

That came as no surprise, as Dunbar once led the board in praying for “a Christian land governed by Christian principles” and asserting that the Bill of Rights came straight out of the Bible. She similarly told a Washington, D.C., prayer rally that schools cannot instruct in an environment “devoid of the presence of the most high God,” praying for God to “invade our schools.” In a speech in favor of a sweeping anti-abortion bill, Dunbar asserted that lawmakers “don’t have the freedom to make any laws if they are contrary to what God has said in his Holy Scripture.”

Dunbar believes that the U.S. was designed to have “an emphatically Christian government” and must have a “biblical litmus test” for public officials, saying that they must have “sincere knowledge and appreciation for the Word of God in order to rightly govern.”

- See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org...

seems to me that they aren't trying to bring moral issues into the political debate as much as they are trying to bring christian issues into it. They can't agree on just what that christian religion is about isn't debatable since there's seems to be one argument already presented on these boards over just what a christian believes in and yet, that their version of "God's :Law" should be considered to be above our gov't's laws and work so hard to convince the populace of this. and then proclaim complete innocence when some of that populace take their words to heart and think that since their version of "God's Laws" justifies the killing of people, well, the civil laws of this country should be ignored. heck one abortionist killer even tried to use something similar in his trial and was supported by some from the right wing.

"Among other far right views" on a site called "rightwingwatch.org"

Call me a skeptic.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

Well, the crazy murders probably heard the BLM rhetoric somewhere...and it inspired them to take out a cop.
Same logic as the OP.

Hardly.

How stupid do you people think we are that you would consider such an illogical, knee-jerk response to be on the same level as an OP that actually provided sources and reason?

That's what this all boils down to. You really think were stupid enough to believe that these sorts of responses are intelligent and profound.

You're not proving a point or making a pertinent case. You're insulting our intelligence.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: LSU0408

Killing people that favor/have abortions is not a Christian principle. Just putting that out there as a true Christian.

Doesn't it take a rather incredible degree of what the Bible calls "pride" to claim that you, in your limited human understanding and belief, are absolutely correct and are following the the only "true" way?

Doesn't pride go before a fall if I remember correctly?

I believe in "Thou shall not kill" and I believe in "eye for an eye." Having said that, the only way I believe in killing someone, or hurting them badly, is if they killed someone or hurt someone close to me. I'll face my creator and my judge for that when my life passes. I won't go out and kill someone just because I disagree with their views. You would have to be insane, literally, to do that. That's not the Christian way, nor is it taught to us.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

a reply to: ~Lucidity

My point is that this lunatic was choosing people randomly to shoot...with a heavy emphasis on cops.
Seem like his warped thinking was heavily influenced by BLM.

Absolutely. If he was targeting cops, that blows this leftist conspiracy out of the water.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Call me a skeptic.

Nothing wrong with being a skeptic. But dismissing evidence isn't the same as refuting it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 12/2/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Same logic as the OP.

Hardly.

How stupid do you people think we are that you would consider such an illogical, knee-jerk response to be on the same level as an OP that actually provided sources and reason?

That's what this all boils down to. You really think were stupid enough to believe that these sorts of responses are intelligent and profound.

You're not proving a point or making a pertinent case. You're insulting our intelligence.

I detect whining.

A knee jerk reaction would be crying out that the killer in this scenario is a right-wing Conservative Christian terrorist without one valid link of proof, and it's being screamed from the highest mountain tops.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

My point is that this lunatic was choosing people randomly to shoot...with a heavy emphasis on cops.

Absolutely. If he was targeting cops, that blows this leftist conspiracy out of the water.

How so?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Call me a skeptic.

Nothing wrong with being a skeptic. But dismissing evidence isn't the same as refuting it.

I've yet to see any evidence.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Does it cross your mind that he targeted cops because they posed the greatest immediate threat to him?

Damn, I just blew that conspiracy out of the water.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Same logic as the OP.

Hardly.

I detect whining.

A knee jerk reaction would be crying out that the killer in this scenario is a right-wing Conservative Christian terrorist without one valid link of proof, and it's being screamed from the highest mountain tops.

His ex and some neighbors and the arresting officers might disagree, but those are other active topics.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Whining? Hardly. It's disgust because it appears that rational thought and reason takes a backseat to ignorance and stupidity.....and we're expected to take it seriously.

I haven't said anything like that, so what's your point?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I won't go out and kill someone just because I disagree with their views. You would have to be insane, literally, to do that. That's not the Christian way, nor is it taught to us.

Good for you but people kill other people for different views all the time. Just because you don't doesn't mean that others don't.

"The Christian way" comes in a variety of ways depending on who you talk to and not all Christians are taught the same lessons.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Which still doesn't prove one way or another that the killer was anything more than a crazy maniacal nut job.

Yes but it was a text book case of the rhetoric that is stochastic terrorism.
Which is why I posted her comments & then in big capital letters pointed out that fact for those still confused.
Are you still confused?
Oh & just so you're aware stochastic terrorism kinda relies on the crazy & mentally susceptible to be most effective. Though it will also work on many average minds as well, especially those that rely on authority figures to tell them what & how to think.

Here lets try this,,,,
So crazy man is mumbling "no more baby parts" when arrested, gee where did he get that idea.
Golly gosh why so specific, hmm "baby parts" now where have I heard that before, recently too?
www.cc.com...

Now don't forget, Baby Parts.

K~

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I've yet to see any evidence.

Nor will you by simply dismissing what is presented to you because you're too skeptical to read it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
he shot up a PP clinic, killing 3 and wounding 11....100% right-wing anti-abortionist....that's been the case in everyone of those previous planned parenthood attacks....he could have gone anywhere and done this, but, he chose a PP clinic...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

maybe you will believe her own words then...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

How so?

Because the right wing media is in full support of the police unless they unlawfully murder someone. And besides that, they don't advocate the murder of anyone they disagree with. That's just a leftist fantasy.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join