It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s how far-right Christians incited stochastic terrorism at a Colorado Springs PP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Same thing right? We need to ban the Southern Poverty Law Center's Liberal Speech.....Yeah,

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Family Research Council (FRC) officials released video of federal investigators questioning convicted domestic terrorist Floyd Lee Corkins II, who explained that he attacked the group’s headquarters because the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) identified them as a “hate group” due to their traditional marriage views.

“Southern Poverty Law lists anti-gay groups,” Corkins tells interrogators in the video, which FRC obtained from the FBI. “I found them online, did a little research, went to the website, stuff like that.”

The Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard reported that Corkins, who pleaded guilty to terrorism charges, said in court that he hoped to “kill as many as possible and smear the Chick-Fil-A sandwiches in victims’ faces, and kill the guard.” As Bedard explained, “the shooting occurred after an executive with Chick-Fil-A announced his support for traditional marriage, angering same-sex marriage proponents.”

The suspect, a 28-year-old male from Virginia named Floyd Corkins, “made statements regarding their policies, and then opened fire with a gun striking a security guard,” a source told Fox News.

AP later confirmed that Corkins is a liberal activist who volunteers with a left-wing group in the D.C. area.

Why are all mass murderers Democrats?Text

– Nidal Hasan – Ft Hood Shooter: Reg­istered Democrat and Muslim.
– Aaron Alexis, Navy Yard shooter – black liberal/Obama voter
– Seung-Hui Cho – Virginia Tech shooter: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff, registered Democrat.
– James Holmes – the “Dark Knight”/Colorado shooter: Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, #Occu­py guy,progressive liberal, hated Christians.
– Amy Bishop, the rabid leftist, killed her colleagues in Alabama, Obama supporter.
– Andrew J. Stack, flew plane into IRS building in Texas – Leftist Democrat
– James J. Lee who was the “green activist”/ leftist took hostages at Discovery Channel – progressive liberal Democrat
edit on 1-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

So, in a nutshell, what I am to take from this is that stochastic terrorism relies heavily on relentless bombardment of highly focused propaganda in the hope that a mentally inferior and unstable human will take said propaganda as gospel and execute a physical act that results in harming or killing innocent humans?

Sounds to me like the main stream media in unison with big Pharma should be hereby classed as the number 1 perpetrator(s) of stochastic terrorism on the planet, and therefore by default, the media outlet owners / CEOs, which, by default, are the global elite bloodlines.

Fancy that!!
edit on 1-12-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli
Then point out the consistent, constant calls to violence, you can't because they're not there, unlike what you see from the "right" pundits.

Just because you repeat things doesn't make them true.

If "WE" engage in the exact same behavior post some links, you made the claim now prove it.

K~

You clearly have not read the article posted by the OP or the source article Rawstory pulled their clip from.

Stochastic Terrorism never explicitly calls for violence.

It is really sad that you are arguing about a topic presented in the article which you never read. Please go read the article and make an on topic contribution.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So what is the fix, limit free speech, ban the media or prevent the formation of mentally inferior folks by proper education?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Thank you. I'm not at all sure it's possible to have an objective discussion around here. Trust me when I say I'd be using examples from other than this "right" if I could find some. I started trying to find more from IS but it was sickening me so I stopped. That plus ATS was acting up on me and my post kept getting cut off.

How ISIS Uses Social Media To Radicalize

Problem here is, our media helps them spread it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Pretty much.

I keep looking for studies on this theory and others that we've been noting here for years and years, but those probably won't come out for decades. Probably too late for most of us. Like I said in another thread, they will probably have a pill for this mental syndrome soon too.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I think you may be right Babe. Emotions running pretty high right now. This thread might have gone more smoothly a week from now.

But, I tell ya, it's something we all need to ponder. I personally am going to go ponder my bedsheets. : )

Maybe everybody will calm down when they realize this is not an attack against Christians, I have. But then, I'm not a Republican either, so, I don't listen to their talking heads. The progressives I listen to are bad enough!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Oh for christs sakes,lol.

Herp de derp, pfft, hence they don't say "go out & kill them" no they say they're evil & should be punished by god & if something were to happen(oh dear) then well oh they brought it on themselves.

Please just stop with your equivocating BS the truth is your more likely to be attacked by some christian right wing nut in this country vs a muslim right wing nut.

Oh & just so you're not confused that's not a call to commit violence but a call to relevant authorities to please keep just as close an eye on these christian nuts as they do on the muslim nuts.
Now that's fair & equivalent, no?

K~

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

ENOUGH!

Stop the bickering and snarky posts NOW.

Anymore posts of this type will be removed and the poster will be post banned.

This is NOT the Mud Pit.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I just finished reading the other thread on this and found your link to another very interesting thread there.

I believe over 1,000 people were murdered due to the actions of a UK national newspaper

So much food for thought there.

There is also some pretty interesting stuff related to media law and ethics as it relates to this topic in general, some of which is related to current events and some to past events such as came out during the Nuremberg trials. [Link]

But of course, opinion shows get a pass on all this, even though some people take it as gospel and truth. Therein lies some of the danger, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Lol

Anyways...

This could also be applied to War Mongers who say "let God sort them out"...
It implies a Divine justice is coming their way and whatever happens, happens.

But these people wouldn't know God if He appeared to them as a Burning Bush.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

So you think that the results, or effectiveness of the messages, is what defines stochastic terrorism?

I never got that from the article but agree that it is prominent in both 'left' and 'right' media. For example all the rhetoric about conservatives who are denying climate change or action on climate change are responsible for the deaths of billions of humans in the future.

That is something I would feel fits the definition and would qualify for inclusion in a discussion about the topic. It holds people responsible for deaths which have not occurred but is used to demonize them and rally support from the crowd which wants certain action on the topic. I could link you to dozens of articles on the topic with such rhetoric and anyone can read the hostility towards the 'deniers' in the comments section.

Would you consider the publications guilty of similar terrorism if someone expressed similar beliefs and then ran out and held people in a building hostage over lack of action?

-FBB

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There is no parallel in human history to the inundation of information in the human psyche as there is at present. We have only theories as to where this may lead human caused events. One thing for sure is that only a tiny but influential group of people have even a clue that the technology has been in development for quite a while now at least since the 1940's. I think it is more likely that most mass shooters are prepared for the events by manipulation of a far more personal type then strictly social or mass media influence. I theorize that mass media manipulation might well be used but to identify candidates for a more personal level of mind control technology.

MK Ultra style.

edit on 12pm2015-12-01T22:53:18-06:00105312America/Chicago531231 by machineintelligence because: spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thanks for defining it OP. I had never seen the word before today, and suddenly it was popping up all over the place.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Who said anything about banning anything?

You've posted a list of terrorist acts.

Now can you point to anything that the media bombards us with that may have contributed to those acts to complete your point as it relates to stochastic terrorism? I see a few right off the bat, but it's your example...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I agree. We're only at the start of this. And believe that the think tanks know the effects and are making most excellent use of them. This is cold and calculated stuff toward some end, and that end typically involves wealth and power...for some.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: machineintelligence

I agree. We're only at the start of this. And believe that the think tanks know the effects and are making most excellent use of them. This is cold and calculated stuff toward some end, and that end typically involves wealth and power...for some.

RAND corporation.

This group has had way too much influence and pioneered much of this subject matter.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Cool I think you just uncovered the pro-choicer's gameplan to drum up support for abortion.

Remember all the dead baby jokes?

How many times have you seen a fetus called a parasite or clump of cells here?

edit on 1-12-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There is still no concrete proof the "baby parts" videos influenced the nutjob.

By contrast here here is a clear cut case of media triggering terrorism that the left-wing media virtually ignored.

In 2010 James J.Lee stormed the Discovery Channel building armed with guns amd explosives.

Lee said at the time that he experienced an ‘‘awakening” when he watched former Vice President Al Gore’s environmental documentary ‘‘An Inconvenient Truth.”
www.nbcnews.com...

Do you anti-constitutional authoritaians propose censoring and banning all media cited by terrorists, including pro-lifers, environmentalists, islamists and BLM/FTP protesters?
edit on 1-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join