It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here’s how far-right Christians incited stochastic terrorism at a Colorado Springs PP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's called "taking a jab".

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I guess all of the BLM rhetoric about how bad cops are, is also directly responsible for every cop who has been murdered recently.

Can you link the death of any police officer to the actions or propaganda from BLM?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Again your attempt at diversion sucks!

Pointing out the declared beliefs of these reich wing nuts is not the same as repetitively demonizing a group as evil.

Acknowledging the fact that there is an entrenched group within American society bent on theocratic domination does not equal calling the murder of doctors as doing gods work.

Stop with your pathetic attempts of equivalence between the rhetoric.
You don't see people of the "left" calling for the justified killing of priests for preaching fear & ignorance like you do from those on the "right" doing just that when it come to oh say "abortion providers, gays, godless secular humanists" & all the other ignorant crap these religulous reich wing morans(sic) spout.

K~

You are insinuating that I align with Nazi's?

You are engaging in the exact pattern of behaviour she describes.

//edit
Dehumanize and align the "opponent" with the morally offensive.

Do not directly call for violence.

Sit back and say you are not responsible.

Yep, checks out
//edit

Maybe you ought to read the article and examine your own use of language and behaviour?

-FBB
edit on 1-12-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well, the crazy murderers probably heard the BLM rhetoric somewhere...and it inspired them to take out a cop.
Same logic as the OP.
edit on 1-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

He needs his safe space.

(post by ketsuko removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Well, the crazy murders probably heard the BLM rhetoric somewhere...and it inspired them to take out a cop.
Same logic as the OP.

Hardly.

You have to do better than that.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Another "Ban all speech the progressive left does not agree with because it is rhetoric and incites violence but their rhetoric is not" speech?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Bet you get the FoxNews edited version as the answer.

So who was promoting "Kill a cop?"

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

No I'm implying that the rhetoric that the "right" uses is not dissimilar to that of the Nazi's.
Care to actually address my points or is the nazi thing gonna be your latest sucky diversion?
K~

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Another "Ban all speech the progressive left does not agree with because it is rhetoric and incites violence but their rhetoric is not" speech?

What do you mean by this?

Are you saying that stochastic terrorism takes sides somehow?

edit on 12/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

“Stochastic terrorism is the use of mass communications to incite random actors to carry out violent or terrorist acts that are statistically predictable but individually unpredictable. In short, remote-control murder by lone wolf.”

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson because I think we might be demonstrably seeing this. Extreme manipulation which preys upon the very impressionable, the mentally ill, and either wittingly or unwittingly contributes to a violent result. This is something of which we all should be mindful.

Ket, I think your post was removed before I got to quote it. (it's okay), but didn't you allude to this having the potential to also go the other route, and not only having nutbar Christians killing PP, but also having nutbar atheists killing Christians? I don't remember exactly how you worded it, but I think that's the gist of what you said. I agree with that too. Another reason why we need to recognize this type manipulation and dynamic.

This issue is important, and if read carefully the OP is not damning anybody. She's bringing an important matter to our attention, because it will effect all of us, and have a negative impact if we allow it.

edit on 12/1/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
When is something NOT free speech? When 1) it is a lie that is designed to publicly harm a person or organization. 2) when it incites violence or panic (as in "fire!" in the theatre).

Food for thought.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

No I'm implying that the rhetoric that the "right" uses is not dissimilar to that of the Nazi's.
Care to actually address my points or is the nazi thing gonna be your latest sucky diversion?
K~

The OP stated this thread is about stochastic terrorism.

I pointed out that the YOU and the political affiliation of the author engage in the exact same behaviour.

You can keep repeating yourself, but you have not contributed anything other than engaging rhetoric not-dissimilar to stochastic terrorism.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
[SNIP]

Are you saying that this article is outright stating for someone to do this by merely trying to define and/or theorize that oversaturation of information can influence people?

Are you having a bit of trouble getting over the fact that this Christian thing was used as an example? Even though it was clearly stated in my OP that it is not an exclusive tool of those in the example?

You are clearly not wanting to discuss concept but seem very stuck on a mere example.

If the example bothers you, maybe go out and try to find some examples of eco-terrorists using stochastic terrorism via the media to incite people to violence. Or ISIS doing the same.

Then maybe discuss its usefulness as an actor.

edit on 12/1/2015 by eriktheawful because: Mod Note: Removed Quote Of Deleted Post

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Does someone this thread need a "safe space" ? LOL

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
It is ironic that a political group that focuses on "personal responsibility" is so willfully blind to the realities that their brand of political rhetoric creates.

I know right! Man the left is really being hypocritical huh!

oh wait.....

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I guess all of the BLM rhetoric about how bad cops are, is also directly responsible for every cop who has been murdered recently.

That doesnt count

Besides they are just angry and oppressed

like ISIS and climate change

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Then point out the consistent, constant calls to violence, you can't because they're not there, unlike what you see from the "right" pundits.

Just because you repeat things doesn't make them true.

If "WE" engage in the exact same behavior post some links, you made the claim now prove it.

K~

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join