It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fed limits it's own powers to bail out corporations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Forgive my skepticism, yes it was demanded by Congress but that same Congress allowed the bailouts in the first place.

I'm missing some advantage TPTB are gaining as a result of this 'move'. Damned if I can spot it...

www.reuters.com...

Addition...If they limit their own powers and it's not 'law' then one could assume they could reverse this decision, if and when they choose?
edit on 1-12-2015 by nwtrucker because: addition

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

It's obviously a ploy to make people feel like progress is being made in favor of the general populace.

In reality, when it hits the fan and we fall into another recession, these "limits" will be just fickle words of our fickle feds.

Nothing has changed.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
That is some nlbs. Long gone is the time where the control grid didn't have a full monopoly in everthything. History repeats itself ... see Carnigie ... Rockefeller.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dystopian7
That is some nlbs. Long gone is the time where the control grid didn't have a full monopoly in everthything. History repeats itself ... see Carnigie ... Rockefeller.

That's my first thought, as well. Yet it seems almost too obvious. Some group that would need a bail-out that now wouldn't receive one that they'd want gone?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sounds like a convenient way to allow total collapse and say we can't do anything because its a rule or law. The problem is the fed sent lots of dollars overseas during the bailout which seems self defeating to me. Iceland has the right idea and if we would have done that, perhaps recovery would be a real thing so many years later rather than looking down the pipe at a more major global financial catastrophe.

edit on 1/12/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Good point.

The Iceland example I question. It might work at a Rhode Island sized economy. It's not a shoe-in that it would work in something as big and over-all as rotten as what we're stuck with.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Could it be some politicians / others see the American people are getting fed up with the government? We are always talking about the government not listening to the people.. The one time it looks like they are we dismiss it..

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

This might be the big responsibility 'Unhook" right after the
Chinese Yuan got officially accepted as another world reserve
currency. Today, and both news items... how telling.

This is also the Fed doing the abrogation, not the Congress.
The LATTER can stilll write up some emergency Bail-In bill.
This development bears close monitoring, as the Herd has been
mostly complacent for years with the private safety net scenario.

Is somebody up there getting ready to tip over that first domino?
Time to maybe buy and hold a little more metal...

edit on 1-12-2015 by derfreebie because: Oh boy another shiny to watch

edit on 1-12-2015 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The Fed limits it's own powers to bail out corporations?

is this the same thing as saying they have limited their powers to only bailing out corporations? Don't they also bail out the Govt with cash and credit.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Could it be some politicians / others see the American people are getting fed up with the government? We are always talking about the government not listening to the people.. The one time it looks like they are we dismiss it..

Yes because if something is too good to be true you need to look if it is not scam. So I say this is some kind of scam and there is some kind of agenda that we don't see right now.

new topics

top topics

join