It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a white man.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Why dont we get rid of Social Security and safety nets? They were white mans inventions after all. Let everyone fend for themselves. Lets aim, for that meritocracy that Ayn Rand strived for. Let the politicians not have a steady stream of voters from the downtrodden social security dependant recipients. Let the politicains truly earn their votes and be held accountable!

FYI I am old enough to have been around when that sort of

help was not available, and with people who depended on me!

So I do think I know what I am talking about.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
As a white South African male, I can understand the frustrations with AA, etc, but I can also understand why it's needed...our oppression is way more recent and fresh in memory. The problem is in the implementation. ..like in every other facet in society, the aid almost never go where it's really needed and the one's who really don't need help enrich themselves. The tax payer gets angry and the poor man stays in his dead end. People doesn't need or want handouts. They just need a bit of help standing up on their own feet. The one's prepared to take or the one's demanding free rides, are not needy and certainly don't deserve it.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SopasDePollo
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

How exactly does "a little gang-banger" look? Are you sure that you're not bitter because your white privilege doesn't take you as far as it used to?

That white privilege was never there to begin with. It is completely racist in every way to think being white gives you a one up in life.

You know exactly what I'm talking about when I say he looked like a little gang bangar. Drive through a black community like the one I live in and you can tell which people you can buy drugs from.

Or just go ahead and feign ignorance rather than contemplate what is being said here

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SopasDePollo

Ever had to deal with anything remotely similaWhen this applies to you because of the shade of your skin get back to me

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Until then, enjoy your privileges and take a seat. I'm sick of all these White men taking it personal whenever a minority chooses to stand up against the blatant injustice(s) that they face. So you grew up having soup for lunch and fresh meat for dinner? Oh my, what a rough childhood you must have had. How can a single Black person complain about a system that was built around oppressing his or her kind being that you had soup for lunch, fresh meat for dinner oh and you also wore hand me downs. Let's all forget that Blacks tend to serve more time than Whites for committing the same crime(s), I mean, those "little gangbanger's" ask for it because of the jeans they choose to wear right? I bet you wear Wrangler's so that alone should've been why you should have gotten that job over that foul little gangbanger. Don't mention that he might've been better qualified or that your work history might have been a little shotty. Nope, let's go straight to labeling him because of his fashion-sense thus claiming that he's a "little gangbanger" who should not have-been considered as being your equal at the moment because his jeans were a little to low for your privileged taste. How dare they even have you contend against this lower form of human waste?

I was dressed appropriately, had experience in the field, and I didn't say "SUP" when my name was called. He told me all about how he was applying there bc mcdonalds had fired him after three months and that was his only work experience. So yes I was more qualified, so how about you stop making assumptions. I made no assumptions, it was plain as day who should have gotten that job.

Have you ever had a group of people surround you and harrass you over the color of your skin. Have you ever had them put a gun to your face and threaten to shoot you bc you are not of their race? If not then you have experience a lot less racism than I have kid.

You acting like I haven't experienced this aspect of life bc I am white is racist.

Oh and if you think that cops don't plant drugs on poor white people in white towns and communities you are dead wrong. Police abuse all poor equally.

Stop generalizing me bc I'm white. Stop pulling that privilege garbage out your ass when you know nothing.
edit on 2-12-2015 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

finally someone with the balls to say it like it is.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yeah not buying the white thing, white is a color that took the french ( poor pale bastards that they are) cakes apon cakes of powder to recreate a skintone of. There is no white melanin, there is red and brown. there are no black humans or white humans, out side of those who have painted or altered their appearances. Red and brown, humans come in those shades, pink skin.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

I am not racist because I am white

"I have missed job opportunities bc the other applicant was black, even though he spoke fluent ebonics and had his pants sagging almost to his knees. "

I am a white male. I am also half native American however most people would call me white. That to me sounds racist. Of course very easy to say from a white culture that was brought up believing they were fighting off savages that were encroaching on their land. I come from a poor family and I had to llpay for college myself. So in short I understand you circumstances but why I don't think you understand is that the way you are talking is the definition of racist. Your whole rant was based off of someone's race and how you didn't get as much because you are white. So you are saying you deserve more because you are white? How about I deserve more because the white man stole my land? Not fair right..

He wasn't being racist at all.

So you are saying you deserve more because you are white?

How on earth did you take that from his post ???? He never said he deserved anything because he was white. He simply said us white guys don't deserve the contempt of others over the hilarious concept of 'white privilege".

Furthermore you can't be sure any of that "my land" was ever going to be yours??? My grandmother was part native American and she never inherited any land. Probably because she was from a poor white family who worked the tobacco fields. My great grandmother had 11 kids just to have more hands on the farm.

Only if generation after generation of parents had handed down that land would you have some today for yourself. And if any generation had a bunch of kids, it usually doesn;t leave much.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

So I do think I know what I am talking about.

Cool, if you read my comment carefully again you will see that I am in agreement with theyknowwhoyouare's and your position on the matter

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Yeah, lets start calling out Oprah, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Sean Combs and Mariah Carey...who are all black and combined, own $5.14 billion between them. Poor blacks will applaud them while putting down white who own the same. Racisim is alive and well in the blackman.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Africans were trading slaves between other nations for thousands of years and it wasn't like what happened when slavery was designated for blacks only by the europeans.... the atrocities that happened to my ppl is still a wound currently being healed.
After the Moors went into spain and taught the true savages then they turned on us and f****d us right in the ass. history is there to prove it, especially when the oppressor is the one telling it. ( This now is pertaining to the OP and his first paragraph..... Based on what u said that means the jews shouldn't have taken or should have given back the reparations given to them from germany)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
You may be broke and all, but if someone invented time travel today you are one of the only few that could go to any period and be ok.

Jk

Don't you mean "you are one of the only few that could go BACK to any period"? In the present and the future, racism is on it's death bed. It may exist between individuals, but not at a government, country or business level. It is 99% gone. Only going BACK in time would award this man any benefits.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Then clearly, you can blame everything on indentured servitude.

S+F for a great thread

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So what's your point? There are plenty of people that had that situation, it just sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder, get someone to knock it off...

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
good job! i challenge you to rewrite the whole thing as if you were a (tan person, black person ect)

lets call it a creative writing project.

i personally believe those that area able to take the focus away from themselves and have empathy towards how other people experience life have a true understanding of the human experience.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Am I wrong in suggesting (at least here in the UK) I have never seen somebody not succeed based on their skin colour?

As a white man I know of many people of many races do just as well as me if not better.

Of course, i'm only 24 and haven't seen everything. But from my viewpoint race isn't an issue when it comes to wealth/success/opportunity anymore.

The US might be different.. I don't know.
edit on 6-12-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join