It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-wife says clinic suspect targeted Planned Parenthood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You could argue that he acted justly by defending those children being murdered. It isn't a position without logic and even though I am not religious that fact that people murder the unborn children bothers me immensely and is at odds with my pro-choice libertarian stance.

It is a moral struggle for me to support abortion. On one hand I 100% support the rights of others to live their own life and make their own decisions, but I also believe that people that get abortions ARE infringing on the rights of a fellow human being.

I think you discount the moral dilemma that many people face when it comes to abortion. As a human being you can easily have issues with abortion and see it as murder.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT support the killing of anyone...babies or adults for any reason except in self-defense or in the defense of others. I am strongly anti-war.

My only concern here is that I can see how he could see what he was doing as a form of defense of others. I think this is a lot more difficult an issue than most people think because I really can see both sides and it is one of the few issues in politics that I don't see as black or white.
edit on 2015/12/1 by Metallicus because: Disclaimer

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We don't have to argue it because it seems all signs are pointing to him killing others because he's against abortion. But did he accomplish anything if that is the case? Did he kill doctors who perform abortions? Did he successfully shut down PP? The only thing he accomplished was unnecessary death that is possibly motivated by his beliefs.

Does Jesus preach eye for an eye? This man is religious yet doesn't follow the religion and openly sins assuming no matter what he does he will be saved. Clearly he is delusional.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Expect crickets.

That's what I got when I posted this earlier.

Well of course his motives are going to get crickets. No one wants to admit Christian extremism exists, let alone Christian terrorists.

There will be crickets because no one supports or agrees with his actions, past or present. Are you expecting someone to come to his defense?

The other option is for dialogue for excuses a la "conspiracy to make us look bad" or similar because Christians are perfect and never violent.

Huh. I'm a Christian *because* I know I'm not perfect. And who said we aren't violent? We are as prone to outbursts as anyone else. We try to hold our tempers in check and turn the other cheek, but as stated before we are not perfect.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Does Jesus preach eye for an eye? This man is religious yet doesn't follow the religion and openly sins assuming no matter what he does he will be saved. Clearly he is delusional.

Is this where I invoke Godwin's law and point out that Hitler said he was a Christian too?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You can point out anything you want. Wouldn't be the first nor the last time an evil act was committed in the name of religion.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Swills

Is this where I invoke Godwin's law and point out that Hitler said he was a Christian too?

No that's you invoking the No True Scotsman fallacy instead.

Are you expecting someone to come to his defense?

Where have you been?
Plenty of people have done exactly that.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriedBabelBroccoli
a reply to: ~Lucidity

My point was that the people arguing over that fact after the article was posted had already written you off because of the established bias.

I posted the link prior to that post and it went pages without being acknowledged.

-FBB

What bias?

That was news about the first inkling that there was a connection and the thread was posted to keep track of the events as they either proved or disproved the information posted in the article.

Since when is posting news that's all over the place here for ATS to see a freakin "bias?" Get over yourself already.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Actually you are right, I confused you with another poster right above you in the other thread.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Kind of reminds me of Westboro, minus the assault rifle (this far)..

So many in the (their) faith, pick and choose what beliefs to follow each day just as they pick out the color of underwear they will be clad in.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Expect crickets.

That's what I got when I posted this earlier.

Well of course his motives are going to get crickets. No one wants to admit Christian extremism exists, let alone Christian terrorists. The other option is for dialogue for excuses a la "conspiracy to make us look bad" or similar because Christians are perfect and never violent.
it is not based on christian scriptures. Jesus;(he's the dude the religion is named after) forbid an individual from taking it upon them self to prosecute the law by being judge jury and executioner of transgressors. That is the job of the state.

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Good job!

Also Ted Cruz was wrong (surprise!). Robert Dear wasn't transgendered
Clerical Error Blamed For Planned Parenthood Attack Suspect Gender Mix-Up

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I totally get that. For me, it's either I agree or I disagree with both sides, not one over the other. I see both arguments as valid and that is one heck of a conundrum.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

ya well, during the nam war if I remember right people were doing some rather unkind things to the troops when they came home, using about the same excuse. I don't believe that was accepted any more than what you are suggesting is now as a defense.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
how can you be an extremist in a endeavor you have no part of? can a you be a plumber if you do not plumb?

Laying in wait for the purpose of killing someone is forbidden in the law (of the torah.) Christians are supposed to submit to the government appointed over them. Not doing so brings damnation. All of the capital laws of the bible require a specific legal framework be followed and it is one that requires a trial with a specified format. That format requires that at least two trustworthy witnesses actually have eyeballs on the offense as it happens. The accused has the right to call counter witnesses. The Accused cannot confess. any confession will not be used in that trial. The trial must be conducted in front of a respected authority or elder in the community. in practice getting the death penalty is pretty rare because of the strict legal framework. This is why Jesus declared a mistrial when the adultress was brought before him (the accusers/witnesses left.) On top of that this judgement cannot be done if there is a secular government in the jurisdiction. This is clearly the case anywhere on earth at this time except maybe antarctica.

Thus any "Christian" that does something like this is not following the teachings of Christ or the old testament. Being a Christian does require two things broadly. first is belief in christ. and this belief must result in due time in the person putting into practice Christ's teachings. you cannot be a follower if you are not following. "if Abraham were your father you would do his works."
edit on 2-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah I thought that was funny. Turns out that voter info was a clerical mistake but people just ran with it assuming he's a transgender women.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

ya well, during the nam war if I remember right people were doing some rather unkind things to the troops when they came home, using about the same excuse. I don't believe that was accepted any more than what you are suggesting is now as a defense.

I see this situation much as I do starving children in Africa. It completely sucks that it goes on, but I can't internalize every injustice in the world or I would go insane.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join