It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borderline personality disorder - need advice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Thanks dex! The support from All the ATS members who took the time to give positive support to me was outstanding. Its greatly appreciated more so than i can describe. It honestly means a lot to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I have borderline personality disorder (BPD), from what you've described it sounds a lot like your wife suffers from bipolar disorder.
We have terrible mood swings etc I trust you have already looked it all up but from my experience this sounds more like bipolar episodes rather than BPD

Not much but hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Neekoboo2000

Hello neekoboo,
That was something she was check for, and apparently didnt fit the bill. But really the psych only sees what happens in the office and how the patient is that day. Considering i was only present for a few of the sessions and only consulted for opinion a few times, who knows what was discussed. After all said and done it was determined BPD, depression with severe anxiety.
i often think that it has to be bipolar. Some of the things she says are just mind baffling. And i wonder how she could even get that impression from something being said that has nothing to do with what she accuses. She really twists and deforms what was originally said into something that becomes 100 x worse or completely off in left field. Often it makes little sense.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Neekoboo2000
If you dont mind me asking,
What are some of the ways or methods you use to cope with BPD? What calms you down when your having an episode?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Nothing calms me properly but alcohol sure helps if that makes any sense? If I was in another place maybe it would be illicit drugs...I mean if the world is after you what does it matter???

When I flip I feel like I could take on the world....

Im sorry i hope you both find a way to cope and progress.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join