It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A queer finding: gender isn’t binary

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

As usual, you speak as my devil's advocate (or benevolent angel's advocate). All of those points are the same counterpoints that roll through my head as I sort everything out. Ultimately, I would like it to be identifiable and diagnostically verifiable beyond a psychiatrist's verdict. I believe it and many others do too but, to many out there, they need more in order to accept things they do not understand. But hey, like you said, even that wouldn't convince them just as the many breakthroughs they are shown today do not even make them budge in their furrow-browed curmudgeoned positions.

Do you ever find it funny that the people who do not trust any sort of authoritative information about transgender topics are the same people who are convinced that climate change is a hoax? It's all a hoax to them, an agenda. Just a bunch of transgender NWO environmentalists out to take their comfortable blinders off of them. Having accountability and an obligation to reconsider ingrained falsehoods thrown onto their laps is something some people will fight against to their last breaths, breathed in their echo chambers.

I hope this current incline we are on with our society continues its course this time. The last two times, there were world wars and then everything went backwards. I can almost see another world war seeing the return of "American" traditional values and a new hatred for anything diverging from the hetero-cis-normative patriarchy (cliche of me, I know). I would hope the age of internet has planted a pike, marking a place we can never regress past but we've thought that about the printing press and industrial revolution, too.

Gah, I'm ranting now. TL;DR - Good words, as always. Thank you.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Abysha because: stupid emoticons...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It's still a spectrum between two absolutes though.

The point is that nobody occupies the absolutes. Everyone is somewhere on the spectrum.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join