It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this world coming to? .... can you tell me???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Often I just wonder...

I'm older now so I really don't have any big dreams or goals anymore. Yes if I achieve anything still in life that's great. But if not that's okay too. But I just wonder what's left for the future? And where this world is headed to? Just wonder if there's any paradise still to be found on earth?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
Just wonder if there's any paradise still to be found on earth?

Yes, but not for us ordinary folks!

The world is going to be turned into a paradise for the super powerful. The vast majority of people will be done away with once the work is done.
They are powerful enough to achieve this, so why wouldn't they?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The "Good Old Days" were called "These Trying Times." It's never been any different. It's just that media saturates us with bad news 24x7. Think about what it was like during WW II, or how about the Civil War? There was no insulation from that one. Nothing has really changed, it's just that media, including ATS, keeps us in a state of perpetual shock and rage.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

I feel like you, OP. I don't really worry about stuff anymore.

I am really laid back in my life and am pretty content. I am at the point where it is more fun for me to help other people accomplish their goals and I derive enjoyment from that more than anything I do for myself.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yes I can...

The future will bring War. War everywhere, big ones, local tribal war, the War on terror will escalate to where everyone will be a terrorist. In fact the ultimate conclusion of the Crusades with casualties in the billions where the living will envy the dead. Essentually WW3 with limited use of Nukes and bio/chem.

It's starting now....

www.reuters.com...
www.rt.com...

edit on 1-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I had no idea you had such a negative vision for our future. I don't see that at all, but I don't think dwelling on a negative outcome can have positive results.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

When I was growing up, these are the doom and gloom statements I would hear...

-What's this world coming too?
-The world is going to hell in a hand basket.
-God is going to make us pay for what we're doing.
-This world is really in trouble
-I worry about my kid's future
-The Soviet Union and the U.S. are going to blow us all up.
-The end of the world is just around the corner

Maybe it's a generational thing? I remember my Mother telling me about penny candy and how cheap things were back in the day. When my kids were growing up I found myself telling them how candy bars were only 5 cents and a small bag of chips was only 10 cents!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Actually, the world has never been as safe and prosperous as it is now.
Just don't listen to the main stream fear factory.

Yes Isis is bad, but if they had the internet and social media back in the inquisition one might have had a gloomier day.

edit on 1-12-2015 by NowWhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Hell in a hand basket.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I had no idea you had such a negative vision for our future. I don't see that at all, but I don't think dwelling on a negative outcome can have positive results.

Just answering the OPs question the way I see the future. I don't dwell on it... I subscribe to "one day at a time" stress free lifestyle,
and make every day a party. In fact, I'm at the age where I just really don't give a **** anymore. My total environment is just there for my entertainment and I thank the Lord, I'm blessed to be in that position. Good health, Beautiful GF, financially great shape and a career that allows for creativity and is more like recreation than work. I worked my ass off for years to be where I am now.

I hope you are in the same position!!
edit on 1-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Metallicus

Just answering the OPs question the way I see the future. I don't dwell on it... I subscribe to "one day at a time" stress free lifestyle,
and make every day a party. In fact, I'm at the age where I just really don't give a **** anymore. My total environment is just there for my entertainment and I thank the Lord, I'm blessed to be in that position. Good health, Beautiful GF, financially great shape and a career that allows for creativity and is more like recreation than work. I worked my ass off for years to be where I am now.

I hope you are in the same position!!

I am pretty much in the same spot. My only problem is my wife and my GF don't get along well.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Hell in a hand basket.

"But at least I am enjoying the ride" - Grateful Dead

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Gods promise is what awaits
A healthy home free from the noise of war
No longer will you hear war on the radio
Or TV
A universal peace between God and man
No more suffering
No more starvation
No more sickness
No more poverty
No more corruption
Which will last a thousand years until
God loosens the devil a little

But before this the world will change so much
It will be unrecognizable
Every building house structure on earth will be reduced to rubble and the population of the earth shall be so severely diminished

This is in accordance with the Holy scriptures

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

prosperous yes. Safe too, but as a result of being so safe, there's very little freedom. At least if you're in a developed nation. It's all fake freedom

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Freedom is an illusion to make you think that reality is real.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The more things change the more they remain the same; and they're more the same than ever. That's progress for you

top topics

join