It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything says you're the Messiah, what do you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just supposing you found that every prophecy in Christianity, Judaism and Islam pointed to you as the Messiah, the Moshiach, the Mahdi. For example, say you were born when the ruler (Jupiter) was being 'born' of Virgo the virgin. Then say your name (first and last) appears in Hebrew (Yeshua, Immanuel) and Arabic (Muhammed, Isa Ibn Maryam) as English letters. Then you find your mother's first name is Bethlehem in Hebrew read as English, and her middle name is Mary. Then you find your grandparents' names alongside the 'House of David', again Hebrew read as English, and the head of the lineage is your uncle, David.

Everything says you are the Messiah, but of course you don't feel like a Messiah (whatever that is). What do you do?

Do you find a priest or vicar or rabbi or imman?
Do you think, 'I'm going to do good with this' and contemplate rectifying the world?
Do you tell your colleagues, friends and families?
Or do you just shrug, say 'nah' and ignore it, throwing the opportunity back in God's face?

If you step up, what would you do first? How would you advertise yourself? How would you convince people?

Serious answers as well, please.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'd put it down to a fun coincidence, a conversation peice for the next poker night.

Would god then have to go through the process again for another messiah or would there be a few 'backups'?

Wouldn't a god know whether or not someone would be convinced beforehand?
edit on 1-12-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MoshiachIusDei

Turn water into wine for all and when everyone wakes up give them loads of fish n chips.
And then just ride with it all after all If you are Jesus you are not in control of yourself are you?.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not possible, as far as Christianity is concerned.
If you are living on earth now, then the whole point of Matthew ch24 vv23-26 is to warn people that you are NOT the Christ.
The gist is; If you have to go somehere to meet him, if it's possible to go somewhere to meet him, then he is a fake. He is a "false Christ" by definition.
The Christ has already come once, and returns only "coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory".

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The probability of the situation I described is 1 in 'a number greater than the number of quarks in the universe', so we can rule out coincidence...

In Revelation the Alpha and the Omega says, 'I am the First and the Last' suggesting there is no backup...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'll take a thousand loaves and a flagon of your best red. Or you could just send cash.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ah, but Islam and Judaism are still waiting. God is the same God to all three traditions. With Christianity being the youngest, probability says it is more likely wrong and the other two right.

Can we trust Matthew? It was completed by AD70. John wasn't written until 100AD. John swears he has a live testament from John the Baptist and writes his gospel according to Roman law. Matthew has John the Baptist dead before 50AD. Legally John is more valid... John was written after Revelation, making it a prophecy?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That doesn't matter.
Christian teaching is defined by the New Testament, which includes Matthew.
So it is not possible, within the terms of Christian teaching for someone living on the earth now to be the Christian Messiah, that is, the returned Christ.
Anyone living now who convinces himself that he is the Christian Messiah is necessarily deluded, and needs to recognise that.

edit on 1-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Turn water into wine for all and when everyone wakes up give them loads of fish n chips.
And then just ride with it all after all If you are Jesus you are not in control of yourself are you?.

Watee to wine using DNA produces Alpha and Omega... oooh

Always used to be buying fish and chips post party...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
That doesn't matter.
Christian teaching is defined by the New Testament, which includes Matthew.
So it is not possible, within the terms of Christian teaching for someone living on the earth now to be the Christian Messiah, that is, the returned Christ.
Anyone living now who convinces himself that he is the Christian Messiah is necessarily deluded, and needs to recognise that.

You can't be Messiah to a selection of Abramic traditions. It's all or nothing. In Revelation the Alpha and the Omega says he is the First and the Last, not the Second and the Last... The last Words in the Bible are 'Come Lord Jesus Come' not 'Come again Lord Jesus'.

If Jesus didn't exist then it's not possible for one to be deluded as the Christian Messiah as there is no such thing as Christianity.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoshiachIusDei
The probability of the situation I described is 1 in 'a number greater than the number of quarks in the universe', so we can rule out coincidence...

That's quite a claim......could you show your thinking?

In Revelation the Alpha and the Omega says, 'I am the First and the Last' suggesting there is no backup...

So if it was true and I were to dismiss it as a coincidence, gods plans would be ruined?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You can't be Messiah to a selection of Abramic traditions. It's all or nothing.

Nonsense. There is no requirement whatsoever that something must conform with three different religions at the same time. Trying to mix up them all together introduces a fatal confusion.

The last Words in the Bible are 'Come Lord Jesus Come' not 'Come again Lord Jesus'

It is very clear in the New Testament that the one who is "coming" is also the one who has come once already. It is a return. The conditions of the return would be as Jesus himself described them.

If Jesus didn't exist then it's not possible for one to be deluded as the Christian Messiah as there is no such thing as Christianity.

That is a false conclusion. If there is "no such thing as Christianity", then it is impossible for a genuine Christian Messiah to exist, which makes it even more necessary that someone who imagines himself to be a Christian Messiah must be deluded.

You can't have it both ways, you know. You can't deny the truth of Christianity and posit any kind of Christian Messiah at the same time.
edit on 1-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Strange coincidence I should say..

Apart from this coincidences in names and places, was there any significant event or events that adds some more credence to these case?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Or go into a church on Sunday and during the sermon stand up and tell everyone of your findings, they will be in obvious awe and raise you to the station of king of kings.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I go to the beach, catch enough fish to last me a lifetime, walk my way across the Caribbean and settle down in Costa Rica for the rest of my days.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I would pray and ask sincerely for humility, and to be shown any errors in my thinking. I would do so with no fear, as to discover I wasn't the Messiah would be, frankly, a relief. I would also ask that God send me guidance as to what to do in either case. What guidance do you hope to find on an internet website?

I would also focus on healing people and the planet, if I got the green light. I would not trust to such signs as you indicated, which would only serve as interesting but minor 'confirmations' should I be filled with the power and abilities of the Messiah. I wouldn't muck around, but get down to helping folks right away, with humility, and without saying a word about who I was at the time. If I could not effect healing of people and the planet, I might understand that my supposition and theory regarding my own Divinity was premature. Of course, people do have the gift of healing without being Jesus, so there would need to be a goodly amount of evidence.

Blessings on your path,

AB

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The first thing that would concern me if such a revelation came to pass in my own life is the heavy weight of that responsibility. it's one step away from getting a God Complex if not handled correctly. To be be honest though, i actually did go through a similar period in my life where i thought i could offer myself up as a sacrificial lamb for the salvation of others, and all was well...for a while....then other dynamics of the Greater Truth came into play, and all that i had sought to accomplish was destroyed and thrown into absolute chaos.

Being a messianic figure is not an easy path, and we, as frail beings in a much larger dynamic are constantly growing and evolving and adapting to changes. The biggest trial i have personally experienced is submission to the Highest Order, for it has it's reason and it has it's ways of All Things....and as much as we desperately wish we could 'save the world and liberate all', it is impossible for a singular entity to liberate anyone if he/she is not liberated himself.

Therein lies the paradox.

The first problem arises when the messianic falsely believes he can provide the liberation of other souls who may or may not want or desire said release. Not all of the major religions out there agree on the role of the messianic, and for me personally, i long struggled with the duality of christian messianic and Buddhist Bodhisattva intertwined and intermingled, and as i progressed through the path of not only charity and service to my personal godhead of kindness, charity and compassion...i also wrestled with the burden of being constantly and endless 'reborn' in order to continuously try to find a way to help others transcend suffering....and discovered that some actively enjoy their burden, and as such one must respect that free will...such has not been easy, as many need to suffer in their own way in their own time in order for their souls to advance through the higher principles in order that they might know from direct experience humility, compassion, service unto others and a greater sense of community responsibility and identity.

Sorry i have rambled on so.....i suppose i merely wished to convey that you are not alone in this path, and that there are many others who also seek to shepherd and protect others. As we progress through our lives and lifetimes, doing what we can each day to make things peaceful, kind and well for others....the hardest part is having to accept that we cannot intervene in the affairs of others in many instances, for it never suits well to go in uninvited to another man's field and simply let his livestock run free because he maintains his flock differently or counter to our own understanding.

There are many manifest godheads, and unto each their own.

i suppose the best advice i can give is be true unto yourself, but always allow free will and free choice. Respect the ways of others, even if you cannot understand their ways, and do what kindness you can when you can. Beware of inciting revolution and retaliation against those who run counter to your belief system, because even they serve a purpose in the Higher Order of the Grand Design. Find your place, accept your limitations, and work within the boundaries of your own work. Caring for others as they navigate these worlds in their own time in accordance to their own understanding.

It's a hard path, but ultimately, with focus and attention and proper course of action...steadfastly and consistently...you will find your service in good order. Much peace to you and yours, may your paths be bright and beautiful, may your light be a beacon in the darkness and may those who seek to lead you astray never see your shadow as you pass them by.

Safe travels.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

i would be quiet it didnt turn out good for the last one

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Just supposing you found that every prophecy in Christianity, Judaism and Islam pointed to you as the Messiah, the Moshiach, the Mahdi. For example, say you were born when the ruler (Jupiter) was being 'born' of Virgo the virgin. Then say your name (first and last) appears in Hebrew (Yeshua, Immanuel) and Arabic (Muhammed, Isa Ibn Maryam) as English letters. Then you find your mother's first name is Bethlehem in Hebrew read as English, and her middle name is Mary. Then you find your grandparents' names alongside the 'House of David', again Hebrew read as English, and the head of the lineage is your uncle, David.

Everything says you are the Messiah, but of course you don't feel like a Messiah (whatever that is). What do you do?

Do you find a priest or vicar or rabbi or imman?
Do you think, 'I'm going to do good with this' and contemplate rectifying the world?
Do you tell your colleagues, friends and families?
Or do you just shrug, say 'nah' and ignore it, throwing the opportunity back in God's face?

If you step up, what would you do first? How would you advertise yourself? How would you convince people?

Serious answers as well, please.

Peace unto your fellow.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'd be genuinely frightened. I would seek therapy, because there have been many people making that claim, most of which suffered from some pretty terrible mental health issues that distorted their reality and made happiness an impossibility.

If that checks out, therapist says "there's nothing wrong, brain scans are clear. You're emotionally balanced and showing no signs of dissociation or irrational thinking" then the journey begins.

Me, I'd never tell anyone after the initial panic. I'd do what any human being should do, treat the immediate world and people around them with respect and love and try to make society better by demonstrating understanding, love and compassion. Unless it was mandated by God, I'd avoid preaching...rabid evangelism has done more harm to the image of religious faith than rapey priests, the Westborough Church and Richard Dawkins combined.

No doubt God has plans for His new Messiah and will make them apparent in time. Could be good, could be bad, could be nailed to a crucifix on a hill. No point rushing to that particular destination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join