It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama in Paris: 'Mass Shootings Don't Happen in Other Countries'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: plaindoughnut

edit on 1-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Really, must be a slow news day, what obama said isint wrong, but hey lets find stuff that has happened a couple of years ago to push my agenda, so cute, so in.

Thanks for the laugh

Context people Google it

Clearly Obama is the one with the agenda to push. Other people are just calling him on his international stupidity.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Man, someone should blow up that graphic and use it as a sign at the next gun control rally. It would cause too many of the 'gun grabbing' liberals to spontaneously combust. Hold it up to Diane Feinstein like a crucifix when she is nearby. It will cause her to shriek in disbelief and immediately vacate the premises. I think we should carry that with us like holy water and garlic.

Cannot get any more real than cold hard facts.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for bringing this one in Ketsuko. Bumped: it deserves hang time.
However some will give Chief the benefit of the doubt, he's due for a change:
I would even extend that to whatever compound(s) he was on for that gaffe.
Not sure if lying or stupid.. and don't anymore WANT to find out"

The quote is almost up there with NASA (known liars) admitting
they lied to us about a lot of stuff and yet expect us to believe them.
Later.
The cognitive idiocy displayed with both visuals, and my deep confusion
is akin to that remake of The Thing, where the time was at last right..
the top of my head finally unscrewed and this reasonably solid stream of
(German Shepherd + unrecognizable other visceral slurry) sped vertically
out, and splattered onto and along the ceiling. It's snappin' time.
EDIT: PS and if we're outside at the time it gets REALLY ugly.

No real person was harmed in the making of this photo op. A shame...

edit on 2-12-2015 by derfreebie because: Are there prostitutes anywhere that can UNSCREW one?

edit on 2-12-2015 by derfreebie because: Please God don't make me go in there anymore

edit on 2-12-2015 by derfreebie because: Not on my wristwatch... it's always 11:30

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Firing misiles from a drone into a group of people is also mass shootings imo.
I think we need to get passed by the word " shooting" and look at what it actually adressess => mass killings!
If we approach it this way, you know this happens ceveral times on a day to day basis.
Like Suicide bombers, intentionaly induced poverty, vaccines etc etc.. The #list is endless here... And im not even adressing military conflicts yet!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
308 mass shootings in the US 2015 so far, what he obviously meant was, you don't see that rate outside of the US.

That's because Obama and his administration helped in create more mass shootings in the United States. HE released 167,000 criminal prisoners, many who went on to commit more crimes, including crimes with guns.

Just check on youtube how many "illegal immigrants", which are being protected by the Obama administration, have murdered Americans with firearms...

Obama is allowing criminals from gangs like MS-13 to enter the United States, and he has given specific instructions to allow any illegal immigrant in if he/she claims to be a minor, but doesn't have to prove it, and to the Obama administration it doesn't matter that these people are criminals and are being allowed to stay in the U.S...

Obama, and his plans are a great part of the reason why so many murders with firearms are occurring.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Just to add to your post-

Texas Department of Public Safety confirms that the MS-13 has emerged as a top tier gang in Texas this year thanks to the influx of illegal alien gang members that crossed into the state last year. In a 19-page report, the agency writes that the number of MS-13 members encountered by U.S. Border Patrol in the Rio Grande Valley sector has increased each year, accelerating in 2014 and coinciding with increased illegal immigration from Central America during the same period. This clearly refers to the UAC crisis that saw over 60,000 illegal immigrants—many with criminal histories—storm into the U.S. in a matter of months.

If anyone IS interested in a source. This is a link with a 59 page PDF doc. Ty

linky w/PDF

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I think we would all be better off if we just ignored these so called "leaders". And by ignore, I mean absolutely not paying attention to any aspect of their "power", rhetoric or anything else that may spew from their sound holes. These are the useless eaters of this planet.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
To make that statement where he did, mere weeks after they'd suffered one of the most horrific mass shootings ever is just one more confirmation of my belief that the man is a complete moron. Unfortunately, I can't say I expect anything else of him.

January 2017 can't come soon enough.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
a reply to: Mianeye

Black on blacks shooting, really doesn't count as mass shootings. You can tell, Obama doesn't go to Chicago and say, "that little 9 year old could have been my son" or he doesn't go to any of the funeral. He doesn't go to Chicago and tell them that they need more gun control(maybe because they already have more then most areas in the US)

I cannot tell why democrats only care when white people get shot or when a white person kills black people. I cannot tell if its racism or fear

It doesn't fit the agenda, for two reasons. One, they know that the average American does not and never will buy the argument that a gun ban will have a meaningful effect on gang violence. Second, they can't focus on the inner city gang violence because they've spent years cultivating those areas for votes on election day and can't afford to alienate them. Their only options are to either blame inanimate objects or to find people who aren't voting Democrat that they can blame. Of course, that's not hard, since the Democrat party has long since alienated the vast majority of law-abiding gun owners in this country.

Oh, BTW, I can't believe I forgot. There's a third reason and its an important one. If the Democrats were to focus on the inner city gang violence, it would draw attention to the complete, total, and abject failure that is their gun control policy, given that most of these areas have been under Democrat control for decades.
edit on 2-12-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

All incidents are covered here, there are gang related shootings, though the majority of incidents are random person shootings random innocent victims.

Source

I don't get why a lot of you people a so determined to down play gun violence, comparing it to other problems like Neo96 is doing doesn't make gun violence a non issue.

The numbers speak for them self.

Source 2

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Its not so much a case of 'downplaying' firearm related violence, but rather attempting to put the numbers into context...that context being that, for all the hand-wringing about guns, society largely turns a blind eye to more mundane causes of death and injury that occur at least as often. Is it fair to make that comparison? For my part, I think it is, especially so when the conversation turns toward accidents rather than homicides.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

But comparing to accidents and self inflicted injuries or death is silly, most gun violence are deliberate murder, people taken others rights away, the right to live...
edit on 2-12-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

But comparing to accidents and self inflicted injuries or death is silly, most gun violence are deliberate murder, people taken others rights away, the right to live...

And most of that violence is one thug shooting another thug with an illegal firearm. Further, vast majority of it is black males shooting other black males. So the issue isn't that we have a gun violence problem, we have an poor inner city black male problem.

If we really want solutions, we have to be honest about the problem. Gun laws preventing Jethro out in the sticks from buying his AR-15 with a banana clip so he feels like Rambo while hunting deer does nothing to stop the inner city gun violence perpetrated by Pookie with a handgun because his block of goons got disrespected by another block of goons.

You see the disconnect?

Mass shootings aren't even a rounding error in the overall gun violence stats. Yes, they are tragic. However, there is very little we can do to stop them other than not being fish in a barrel. You cannot blame guns because guns have always been widely available yet we didn't have the same rate of a nut jobs deciding to shoot up random people. If you are going to be intellectually honest, you have to ask the question why? We have to look at the SSRIs and other issues that are really driving the nut cases to commit these acts.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I agree, it can be, depending on the argument being made. That's why I think its primarily applicable when comparing accidental firearm-related injuries and fatalities to other types of accidental injuries and fatalities. As far as the chart above is concerned, aside from the comparison to the top 10 causes of death overall, which is apples-to-oranges, I think its otherwise making fair comparisons.
edit on 2-12-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is the very reason why I tell everyone this president is so bad at leadership. He goes to other countries and puts His own country down.It is ridiculous how stupid He makes Himself and the country look.
He does this as if He is playing politics with the whole world leaders trying to win a political race,only He smears His own country and democrats and republcians.It is rather bizarre behavoir.
He has made comments about others subjects like this that you just shake your head at,not just on gun mass murder.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

He also makes these nasty political comments with no show of respect for what event that just happened.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
He was presumably thinking of the individually motivated and enacted mass shooting which does seem more characteristic of the U.S.
The Paris shootings were an organised group.
It would be useful to have a separate term to distinguish between the two types.

Egad, what an embarrassing excuse.

Yes, it would be very convenient to invent new terms every time Obama speaks, to magically transform his continual lying into sweet truths.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

People take each others lives in 1001 ways. We can't outlaw every item involved. The only solution is to outlaw people living near each other. Or talking to each other. Or arguing or agreeing.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

308 mass shootings in the US 2015 so far

Defined how? 308? I doubt that very much, unless you're actually counting gang violence...Which no one cares about anyway.

Also including squirrels, woodchucks, and rats down at the dump. Some of the worst violence out there.

I'd better shut up. Some liberal here will absolutely start screaming about the squirrel murders, and the automatic military machine guns that are to blame.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

He made an easily mistaken statement at the wrong place and time, but it still had meaning.

Silly of him.

Ahhh, but the really big story today is whether Trump saw the 1000 muslims dancing for 9-11 in NJ, or not in NJ.

Followed by whether Carson used the correct definition of a word properly.

But never Obama or Clinton saying something that's demonstrably 100% a lie. Every day of the week.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join