It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama in Paris: 'Mass Shootings Don't Happen in Other Countries'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Mass shootings as a whole in the US are very rare and small part of the overall gun violence. They are like shark attacks. They get a lot of media attention, but not really a statistically significant in the overall numbers of gun violence.

The other problem is how mass shootings are defined. I believe the FBI counts any shooting where 3 or more are killed. The problem is there is plenty of gang violence where 3 or more get killed that aren't "mass shootings" in the way most people think about them.

The vast majority of gun violence is gang related. One thug shooting another thug. More specifically, it is mostly inner city black males shooting other black males. Progressives never want to really discuss the numbers, demographics, etc because to do so really exposes the failure of their policies.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Proof, please.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think he's talking about frequency. It IS quite frequent.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

308 mass shootings in the US 2015 so far

Defined how? 308? I doubt that very much, unless you're actually counting gang violence...Which no one cares about anyway.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Seems they are, at least the wiki I found that had ~353 shootings and there was gang violence in there.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

“With respect to Planned Parenthood, obviously, my heart goes out to the families of those impacted,” Obama said in response to a reporter’s question. “I mean, I say this every time we’ve got one of these mass shootings; this just doesn’t happen in other countries.”

But, he also said this,
"And yet in the United States we have the power to do more to prevent what is just a regular process of gun homicides that is unequaled by multiples of five, six, ten – and I think the American people understand that."
Just to get a bit of perspective, the like of O'Reilly and The Mail don't really want to focus on, but just that Obama is in Paris, and he said that? OMG!
Obviously, some people don't give a feck.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

We do, but he doesn't want to go there, not in the way that would actually work.

All he wants is to pass laws to take the guns away that don't actually do any of the shootings.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Obama in Paris: 'Mass Shootings Don't Happen in Other Countries'

Says the guy that has been arming ISIS.

Maybe that aid that Obama has been sending to Syria ended up in Paris.

We will never know.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
308 mass shootings in the US 2015 so far, what he obviously meant was, you don't see that rate outside of the US.

Out of over 300 hundred million.

Statistically insignificant.

Because I don't know how there could be any shootings.

After all we have LAWS that say people can't do that.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Really, must be a slow news day, what obama said isint wrong, but hey lets find stuff that has happened a couple of years ago to push my agenda, so cute, so in.

Thanks for the laugh

Context people Google it

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
In simple terms, if a psycho has the intention to do mass murder and has the means to do so, then he will most probably take the most efficient way, if not a bomb, than a gun.

So the point here is that, the US Government needs your guns and Obama had to it bring up in Paris, whilst Paris attacks are still fresh.

edit on 1-12-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yeah it is wrong on many levels.

First one being the US being the largest arms dealer in the world arming terrorists at the moment.

Before that arming drug cartels down south.

Ya know giving things he wants banned here in the states.

Using a foreign stage in another country to push American political issues during a tragedy in another country

Is completely bad form.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: smurfy

We do, but he doesn't want to go there, not in the way that would actually work.

All he wants is to pass laws to take the guns away that don't actually do any of the shootings.

No you don't, you gave us a cheap shot.
As for any guns, and ammunition intended to be banned, would they be what is classified as an assault weapon, and steel tipped bullets...you know, what 'sporty' people call a 'sporty' weapon and ammo...of course never used in any mass killings that were over so quick, that not everyone actually heard it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: ketsuko
He was presumably thinking of the individually motivated and enacted mass shooting which does seem more characteristic of the U.S.
The Paris shootings were an organised group.
It would be useful to have a separate term to distinguish between the two types.

Yeah, some countries in Asia call it run amok. Guess it happens there too, all be it typically happens with knives.
edit on 1-12-2015 by onthedownlow because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Seems they are, at least the wiki I found that had ~353 shootings and there was gang violence in there.

You do realize that is shootings and not mass shootings , correct ? And some of those would include people defending themselves , yes ? Just nod and say yes before this goes any further

edit on 1-12-2015 by Gothmog because: add

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

To be fair, Obama is simply a gun-grabbing moron that hates the Constitution. So you might want to give him a break.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Wow, you just can't make this stuff up!! As for what he was thinking, I don't think he was thinking at all! This happens all the time in other countries. Heck, places in Africa, there are whole groups wiped out on a fairly regular basis.

What's sick is, some will accept that claim of his as fact.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Black on blacks shooting, really doesn't count as mass shootings. You can tell, Obama doesn't go to Chicago and say, "that little 9 year old could have been my son" or he doesn't go to any of the funeral. He doesn't go to Chicago and tell them that they need more gun control(maybe because they already have more then most areas in the US)

I cannot tell why democrats only care when white people get shot or when a white person kills black people. I cannot tell if its racism or fear

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

351 mass shootings this year so far in America.

shootingtracker.com...

That a almost one a day. With one month to go.

Your argument is invalid.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

351 shot this year so far.

4 or more people shot at one incident.

shootingtracker.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join