It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If Freemasonry was as powerful as some people suggest that it is why do they allow websites to be critical of it? why do they not close them down? I look forward to the replies.

Gerard

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There are many things that almost no-one cannot shut off.

1. If they are so powerful, as stated (I dont say it is and I dont say it isn't) would it be kinda like a attention bomb or something?
2. They just simply cannot shut down every possible anti-masonry page excistance.
3. Every frigging thing has got a anti-thing. You know? Nazis oppose Jews, Jews oppose Nazis, neither of them cannot shut down every "anti" page.

I hope you know what I am trying to say?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
True they cannot just close things down, but then again, seeing as all claims, and they have been written as claims very rarely do people right in my opinion, they could just go round throwing slander suites everywhere.

Freemasonry, to me, seems to be of the opinion that it has nothing to defend, infact Freemasonry as a whole would probably frown upon the vigilant attention masons give to sites like this.

If masons didn't argue back, there would be no argument and the conspiracy theories would simply blow themselves out.

Think about it,

If you were reading through hundreds of threads saying Freemasonry did this, did that etc etc with no repsonse, no argument would you keep reading after the first 15 only covered 3 different claims and no one actaully bothered to respond in defense.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
If masons didn't argue back, there would be no argument and the conspiracy theories would simply blow themselves out.

Unfortunately, that's not true dude.

The way the world works, people always want a scapegoat. It's preferable if that scapegoat doesn't have a voice and then you can tag him with any evil that you wish to.
History tends to prove that when Freemasons haven't spoken out, they are persecuted even more.
The Nazi Goebbels said that if a lie is repeated often enough it becomes a truth. A lie can only be opposed by the Truth.

I understand your point that if there were thousands of unnopposed conspiracy theories, people would soon get bored of them. But unfortunately things don't work that way either. Each one serves to sew a seed of hatred in the mind of the uninformed. You then only need one convincing one to start a snowball of destruction. Hitler used the same tactic to start the Holocaust against the Jews.

new topics

top topics

join