It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is today national hypocrisy day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Came across 2 articles today on CNN that are really laughable if they weren't trying to pull it off on the public for real. I posted one already and here is the next one:

www.cnn.com...

Now this is an opinion piece on Arab media,and they are saying that the governments should be cracking down on what is put in them. They think that the governments should be held accountable for all the hate speech in them. I GET IT, the news over there needs to tone things down,okay? Here is where the hypocrisy comes in..... this is coming from a so called FREE country that is supposed to be a Democratic Republic,with a first amendment protecting FREE SPEECH. I say supposedly because I am pretty sure all of us on ATS are aware that we have no such thing now. And here is a reporter from CNN trying to say they need to curb it in other countries. It doesn't have to be accurate news, they should be able to post what they wish. The real issue is,if the west doesn't want them posting hate speech in other countries about us,maybe the government should stop doing things the people over there hate.Yeah like that will ever happen. Like I said in my other post,we are the world house guests from hell.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
we're free to say what we are allowed to say. personal freedoms and civil liberties in general are SO last season.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is it REALLY Obama's birthday?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

All that "democracy" for the ME is distraction, just like the war on terror is really a war of conquest, for "humanitarian" reasons.

Bombs for Peace…. lol

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
this is coming from a so called FREE country that is supposed to be a Democratic Republic,with a first amendment protecting FREE SPEECH. I say supposedly because I am pretty sure all of us on ATS are aware that we have no such thing now.

If that were not true you should be expecting a knock on the door right about now. The fact that there is not pretty well disproves your theory that we don't have it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae
I don't think we have as much hypocrisy in the world as we used to. Actually, I think it was a much better world when we had more hypocrites in it. Now that is just my opinion.

Hypocrisy requires pretense. When a person pretends to be virtuous, or moral, or religious, or to have principles, etc., then they can be deemed hypocrites. I miss those folks.

They have been replaced with those that are convinced, they are indeed the good ones, the right ones, and the chosen ones, and they are are ready to fight, kill and die, on their convictions.

Give me a hypocrite any day.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Indeed.

For example, Sayyid Qutb, the Egyptian ideologue who inspires many violent extremists, believes all Western nations have a "Crusading spirit." The invasion of Iraq, the abuses at Abu Ghraib and continued American troop presence are not treated as isolated events, but instead serve to reinforce these narratives.

It's not like we've been America the friendly over there.
Our troops may carry goodwill but our policies and blatant human rights abuses negate anything positive.
The West deserves a verbal bitch slapping at the very least.
We need to clean up our act when it comes to foreign policy.
Stop the drone attacks and start sending aid for education and public needs.

Eta: this is the regular fare media presents the Arab world.
Is it any wonder people are a bit leery of the prospect of mass immigration?
edit on 1-12-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
yea, it is hypocrisy month it seems.

Paris attacks, perpetrators were Muslim: terrorists. the usual headlines and now CNN chimes in.

Man kills 3 at abortions clinic, white supremacist attempts to kill peaceful protesters: lone wolfs, mentally unstable... not domestic terrorists headlines.

its raining hypocrisy this month and last.
Media here should stop their hypocrisy then they can give constructive criticism to others.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Infact I think it is true indeed. Edward Snowden is hiding from our government as we speak. Plus what about this guy?

gizmodo.com... RHHtw.3&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fr.search.yahoo.com%2F_ylt%3DA0LEVi_HEF5WsmIANHMnnIlQ%3B_ylu%3DX3o'___'ByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNz Yw--%2FRV%3D2%2FRE%3D1449034055%2FRO%3D10%2FRU%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252fgizmodo.com%252fformer-john-doe-fighting-fbi-spying-can-finally-speak-a-1745287390 %2FRK%3D0%2FRS%3D4RSzBxcJb3EaDUO_0S2XDOQQMog-

He has had to remain quiet for 11 years???!!! All because he protected the identity of his clients? So where were his rights? Constitution got thrown out the window on him wouldn't you say?

new topics

top topics

join