It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. deploying special force to boost fight against Islamic State

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I think Israel will be okay for a while.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Oh yes I'm not trying to fear monger here. Really I'm not.

All I am saying is that some spooky alliances and 'too good to be true' happenings are going on at the moment. It's also said that only men of continuous employment can go near the area of Damascus. This leads me to believe it's some kind of chemical or nuclear attack. Time will tell I guess.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Is no one else just kind of....... Tired with war?

I know I am, and I've never seen war! It's all you hear these days isn't it - war, war, rumours of wars. More war! Let's have another war, because war.

I'm starting to think that these military types, the generals and the captains have been 'at war' for a little TOO LONG and can't come back to a sane mentality. They see war everywhere and all the time. Politicians are, lets be honest, genetically predispositioned to kill other people's children for votes. War to politicians is a numbers game, or as Smedley Butler so eloquently stated "My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military"... It's a mind game for the generals.
He also said "We must take the profit out of war".

READ THAT AGAIN ^

If we don't end war, it will end us. Period. Saying that, what can we do when the structure built around us is literally all pro war, pro death, pro violence? I think we've dug our own grave and we already have one foot inside it.

Putting boots on the ground is a stupidly PC way of saying "we're sending people to die". When you change the language you're already being a dishonest idiot. This is ATS, "boots on the ground" shouldn't even be used. Let the politicians talk such utter tripe.

Sorry dude. Unfortunately a sh#tload of human beings love war. There will always be war.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

As far as I can tell the problem people have with Obama is that he isn't saying "Islamic" "Islamic" "Islamic" along with his terrorism enough, and he isn't going shirtless, strutting in sunglasses, and boasting about nucular torpedoes etc and then lying about bombing effectiveness and how much he's done in two weeks.

Obama's just taking action quietly, but I guess words matter more than actions to some. They still think he's a secret Muslim 9/11 sympathizer or something, and even whacking Osama didn't get him any credit.

I think it was silly for Obama to say "No boots on the ground" as opposed to "we won't tell our enemies what we will or won't do" but no matter, he did do what was necessary.

The problem appears to be just plain image. He isn't a blowhard yappa yappa like a certain candidate with a cranial rug.

Obama is a cold mother#er though on military matters, more bearded Spock than Patton, while maintaining an appearance of PC nicey nicey. I'll give him some respect on that matter, though I think funding rebels in Syria is idiotic. It's the same problem as the Iraq invasion: need to ask the question "What happens next? What happens when we win?"

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

So are WE they just don't TELL any one until they are about to operate and be exposed to the media.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Depends on if they are actually engaging, or the use the CURRENT ROEs from the white house who commands our armed forces instead of the generals trained to do so.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Well if you remember what McNamarra did to start Vietnam... same thing.

<< 1  2   >>

join