It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. deploying special force to boost fight against Islamic State

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
my thoughts on this whole isis/ syria/ iraq thing is that it's a prelude to world war.

all the factions and nations over there bumping heads and someone is going to shot at the other and then it will start.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
next headline will read Russia bombs U.S. Special Forces in syria during raid to capture isis leaders.

Further reply. That scenario is highly likely. If our forces could just squash them in Iraq and Russia in Syria, we could squeeze them into a corner.

However, that would be too simple. They just seem to like tempting fate...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The fact this is common knowledge says something, next it will be in a shocking development as special forces soldier/s taken hostage..

Should pave the way for more boots on the ground...

The UK will soon be in Syria and all the complications that can bring, the next few weeks will be very interesting with how all this starts to pan out. The amount of pro war propaganda on UK TV is crazy at the moment..

RA

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: buster2010

There's gotta be a joke out there somewhere...

How many Armies from different Country's does it take to defeat one Army in one Country?

That was my exact point yesterday. No wonder the civilians have all moved home to Europe. There wasn't enough room left in Syria what with all the military hardware and armies gathering from so many nations.

Your Pink Panther looks really cool!

Cheers... so does your 'Deputy Dog' Avatar.

yeah, there's more Army Personnel in Syria than there are Civilians.. you're right.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

BEAT ME TO IT.... I also agree, it is a ploy to get the numbers crunched- Barry said in October we would have boots on the ground-

"There will be additional Special Operations forces available for raids against targets in both Syria and Iraq when high-value ISIS targets are identified, the official said."

also

"America has bombed targets in Syria since September 2014 without stopping ISIS, and it has largely failed in a mission to recruit and train moderate rebels in Syria to take on the terror group. In recent months, the U.S. has also bolstered its aid to local forces, air-dropping weapons, ammunition and other supplies to rebel forces inside Syria."

So... what is it??

linker

ALSO , lest we not forget,

"16 times Obama said there would be no boots on the ground in Syria"

2nd Linky

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Curious, innit?

Forgot to add: are we defining neocon as a former liberal currently acting like a conservative, or a conservative with an aggressive warhawk policy? Because I wasn't aware Obama was either of those.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
U.S. deploying special force to boost fight against Islamic State

The United States is deploying a specialized expeditionary targeting force to help Iraq put additional pressure on Islamic State and be positioned to conduct unilateral operations into Syria, U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said on Tuesday. "These special operators will over time be able to conduct raids, free hostages, gather intelligence, and capture ISIL leaders," Carter told the House Armed Services Committee in prepared remarks, using an acronym for Islamic State.

Looks like the neocons got what they wanted yet another war with boots on the ground. Just like with al-Qaeda we help create the terrorist group then we have to go to war to stop them. The people need to wake up in 2016 and vote these warhawks out of office.

I didnt know Obama was a neocon, Alqaida may have been Bushes but this is solely and squarely on Obama

That may all have changed now when a declassified secret US government document obtained by the public interest law firm, Judicial Watch, shows that Western governments deliberately allied with al-Qaeda and other Islamist extremist groups to topple Syrian dictator Bashir al-Assad.

According to investigative reporter Nafeez Ahmed in Medium, the "leaked document reveals that in coordination with the Gulf states and Turkey, the West intentionally sponsored violent Islamist groups to destabilize Assad, despite anticipating that doing so could lead to the emergence of an ‘Islamic State’ in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

According to the newly declassified US document, the Pentagon foresaw the likely rise of the ‘Islamic State’ as a direct consequence of the strategy, but described this outcome as a strategic opportunity to “isolate the Syrian regime.”

Now, thanks to the following declassified report, we have a far better understanding of not only how current events in the middle east came to be, but what America's puppermaster role leading up to it all, was. From Nafeez Ahmed: Secret Pentagon report reveals West saw ISIS as strategic asset Anti-ISIS coalition knowingly sponsored violent extremists to ‘isolate’ Assad, rollback ‘Shia expansion', originally posted in Medium.

The newly declassified DIA document from 2012 confirms that the main component of the anti-Assad rebel forces by this time comprised Islamist insurgents affiliated to groups that would lead to the emergence of ISIS. Despite this, these groups were to continue receiving support from Western militaries and their regional allies.

Noting that “the Salafist [sic], the Muslim Brotherhood, and AQI [al-Qaeda in Iraq] are the major forces driving the insurgency in Syria,” the document states that “the West, Gulf countries, and Turkey support the opposition,” while Russia, China and Iran “support the [Assad] regime.”

The 7-page DIA document states that al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), the precursor to the ‘Islamic State in Iraq,’ (ISI) which became the ‘Islamic State in Iraq and Syria,’ “supported the Syrian opposition from the beginning, both ideologically and through the media.”

2012!

Tell me who was president then and overseeing those operations? Who ordered the strikes? Who was in charge again?

Please take your rhetoric and agenda someplace else
edit on 12/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

"Our drones will blot out the sun"

Classic! Thank you for sharing these pics.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Obama sends troops to another war, left wingers blame "neo cons". Of course.................

Learn how to read. Neocons are both left and right wing because both parties bow down to the military complex. But you can keep up with your right wing whine if you want.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I didnt know Obama was a neocon

He showed he was one when he pushed for the war with Libya.

And you can take your ignorance about neocons someplace else.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So basically this is ATS when it comes the President.

1. Obama says no Troops and he isnt doing enough
2. Obama says Troops and he is lying because he previously said No troops.
3. Obama says water is wet..he is the devil.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Let's fix that title.

U.S. deploying special force to boost fight against Islamic State after already deploying special forces 6 months ago.

This has been in the works for a while now.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is no one else just kind of....... Tired with war?

I know I am, and I've never seen war! It's all you hear these days isn't it - war, war, rumours of wars. More war! Let's have another war, because war.

I'm starting to think that these military types, the generals and the captains have been 'at war' for a little TOO LONG and can't come back to a sane mentality. They see war everywhere and all the time. Politicians are, lets be honest, genetically predispositioned to kill other people's children for votes. War to politicians is a numbers game, or as Smedley Butler so eloquently stated "My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military"... It's a mind game for the generals.
He also said "We must take the profit out of war".

READ THAT AGAIN ^

If we don't end war, it will end us. Period. Saying that, what can we do when the structure built around us is literally all pro war, pro death, pro violence? I think we've dug our own grave and we already have one foot inside it.

Putting boots on the ground is a stupidly PC way of saying "we're sending people to die". When you change the language you're already being a dishonest idiot. This is ATS, "boots on the ground" shouldn't even be used. Let the politicians talk such utter tripe.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I didnt know Obama was a neocon

He showed he was one when he pushed for the war with Libya.

And you can take your ignorance about neocons someplace else.

War = Neocon?

Ever hear of Mao?

In no way shape or form are any of his policies indicative of conservatism in ANY arena

Indeed ignorance of the term Neocon lol
edit on 12/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
So basically this is ATS when it comes the President.

1. Obama says no Troops and he isnt doing enough
2. Obama says Troops and he is lying because he previously said No troops.
3. Obama says water is wet..he is the devil.

Naw, it comes down to, this sucks and I need somebody to be angry at. Obama will do nicely. But I am not mikey come lately, I thought he was a tool from the start. But he makes a fine scapegoat.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It's something like this:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ok, now US troops will be in Syria/Iraq/Caliphate along with troops from:
Russia
China
Iran
Soon UK and France.

How's this supposed to work btw?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Sadly, too much of our economy is based on weapons manufacturing.
No wars = no money and the economy collapses - so they tell us.
Bomb another country or starve,
How's that for a choice?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
my thoughts on this whole isis/ syria/ iraq thing is that it's a prelude to world war.

all the factions and nations over there bumping heads and someone is going to shot at the other and then it will start.

That's my fear as well - the PTB have decided to turn this in to a meat grinder by slowly adding ground forces piecemeal until somebody shoots someone else by accident and then it begins. Nukes are out - too messy and no profit so a nice long ground engagement will work nicely to the banker's benefit.

It may well become the 2nd 100 years war.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If Syria is bombed into a ruinous heap, and Damascus is taken away. Then we'll know Biblical end time prophecy is once again playing out, especially if an alliance forms against Israel.

Not saying this will happen, but if it does. Then yes, ww indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join