It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. deploying special force to boost fight against Islamic State

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The United States is deploying a specialized expeditionary targeting force to help Iraq put additional pressure on Islamic State and be positioned to conduct unilateral operations into Syria, U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said on Tuesday. "These special operators will over time be able to conduct raids, free hostages, gather intelligence, and capture ISIL leaders," Carter told the House Armed Services Committee in prepared remarks, using an acronym for Islamic State.

Looks like the neocons got what they wanted yet another war with boots on the ground. Just like with al-Qaeda we help create the terrorist group then we have to go to war to stop them. The people need to wake up in 2016 and vote these warhawks out of office.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I think Obama has proven he will do whatever he wants and the "neocons" be damned. He cares not for them, let alone give anything they say to mean anything worthy of consideration.

Sorry, this is all on Obama.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
More likely to give support to ISIS...

link   

Perhaps I'm just ignorant of the facts, but weren't special forces already conducting missions within ISIS territory? Just last month I could've sworn I saw a story about a raid to save hostages held by ISIS.

Regardless, sending special forces onto the ground is indeed an escalation, but far from what most would consider a "ground war". Once they start sending the marines and the army into the fray, then you should be worried.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Passerby1996 because: No reason given

link   

It's about time. Hopefully the UK will follow suit and clean up some of the mess we created.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

It's about time. Hopefully the UK will follow suit and clean up some of the mess we created.

They'll of been there for a while getting 'bedded in' so to speak so the SAS/SBS etc will now be free to do what ever they need to do

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Meh, voting is a farce. They're just interchangeable heads. Remember I pet goat 2? I've been watching it again recently and drawing connections. This whole thing is scripted.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The United States is deploying a specialized expeditionary targeting force to help Iraq put additional pressure on Islamic State and be positioned to conduct unilateral operations into Syria, U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said on Tuesday. "These special operators will over time be able to conduct raids, free hostages, gather intelligence, and capture ISIL leaders," Carter told the House Armed Services Committee in prepared remarks, using an acronym for Islamic State.

Looks like the neocons got what they wanted yet another war with boots on the ground. Just like with al-Qaeda we help create the terrorist group then we have to go to war to stop them. The people need to wake up in 2016 and vote these warhawks out of office.

Yep, Obama is a neo-con. Sometimes copy and paste replies doesn't work....

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Eisenhower warned us about the military industrial complex... if only he could see it now

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
next headline will read Russia bombs U.S. Special Forces in syria during raid to capture isis leaders.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Seems I remember something about boots and ground...... Oh well, probably just a faulty memory.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

This is Iraq.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

did you read the op,

The United States is deploying a specialized expeditionary targeting force to help Iraq put additional pressure on Islamic State and be positioned to conduct unilateral operations into Syria,

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Oh no! I only wrote here on ATS last night

www.abovetopsecret.com...

about how the next step might be boots on the ground as the beginning of escalation that would ultimately be a new kind of world war with a very different blue print to the other two.

Rikes Raggy! (in a Scooby Doo voice). Is this "In The Mouth of Madness"?

That on top of Cameron having a vote in the UK tomorrow which he shall surely win. U.S boots on the ground and UK entrance into active military action in Syria; is that escalation or what? Just like the entrance of the Russians. That was another big escalation. See the way it is escalating constantly? When will it stop escalating?

I still think this is only the beginning, the war(m) up act of something that is going to grow and grow. Someone powerful somewhere wants all this.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Obama sends troops to another war, left wingers blame "neo cons". Of course.................

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

There's gotta be a joke out there somewhere...

How many Armies from different Country's does it take to defeat one Army in one Country?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

did you read the op,

The United States is deploying a specialized expeditionary targeting force to help Iraq put additional pressure on Islamic State and be positioned to conduct unilateral operations into Syria,

Sorry my bad, I scanned through it. Star for correcting my ignorance.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

i was wondering, no harm or foul.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

This is Iraq.

Iraq is nothing compared to Syria. Watch and wait. We shall be watching and eventually participating for quite some time I think.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There's gotta be a joke out there somewhere...

How many Armies from different Country's does it take to defeat one Army in one Country?

That was my exact point yesterday. No wonder the civilians have all moved home to Europe. There wasn't enough room left in Syria what with all the military hardware and armies gathering from so many nations.

Your Pink Panther looks really cool!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join