It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly Christmas music ~ Haunted hotel room

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
While I was working in a hotel room, I heard a sudden staticky horn-like noise, followed by a deep voice, and eerie old Christmas music. I realized it was coming from the emergency speaker in ceiling. I caught what I could on tape. You can hear strange background chatter behind the music, but I can't make out what it is. I've worked at this hotel for almost 10 years and I have never heard anything like that. No one else seemed to notice, or had any idea what it could have been. This is not a very old hotel, built in the 70's or 80's so the music seemed out of place.
What do you think?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Video is private/unviewable

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

inpatiently waiting to here this spooky music

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The video is private and can not be seen by me.

What I think? That the mic connected to the speakers is somehow not entirely off. Hence the background noise of the room it is in bleeds-through the speakers at a low volume. I bet they were listening to Christmas music and chatting when you listened in. No body else cares because they don't pay attention...

EDIT:
Oh, well, that was quite loud! But it is just a silly mistake by the operators forgetting to turn the mic off. I often experience that in buses, etc.

It actually sounds like a television showing Donald Duck or something.
edit on -06:00amTue, 01 Dec 2015 10:31:11 -0600am122015Tue, 01 Dec 2015 10:31:11 -060012amTuesday by ParanormalGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Someone has a radio in the lobby and forgot to turn on the intercom?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sorry fixed!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Someone has a radio in the lobby and forgot to turn on the intercom?

Nope, music in the lobby is nothing like this, very generic. And no one else knew what it could be.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The song playing is Adam Faith - Lonely Pup in a Christmas shop, which is found on many Christmas compilation albums.

edit on 1/12/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: To add YouTube video

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
The song playing is Adam Faith - Lonely Pup in a Christmas shop, which is found on many Christmas compilation albums.

None that I've ever heard, and no reason to be playing there. Good detective work however!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Does anyone here know of any audio analyzation software I could run this through?
I know there is something here

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Oh my goodness..that does feel quite eerie..reminds me of a number of movies; we're entering some very difficult and even unholy times, so to hear something like this makes me think we are all heading towards a scary movie script in our lives perhaps of some sort..

Shun fear, stay strong, and have faith always in the guy upstairs..see my drift?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

Oh my goodness..that does feel quite eerie..reminds me of a number of movies; we're entering some very difficult and even unholy times, so to hear something like this makes me think we are all heading towards a scary movie script in our lives perhaps of some sort..

Shun fear, stay strong, and have faith always in the guy upstairs..see my drift?

Amen to that!

edit on 1-12-2015 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That's creepy and might have just ruined my Christmas mood.. So, what hotel did this happen in so I can avoid it?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorKitten
That's creepy and might have just ruined my Christmas mood.. So, what hotel did this happen in so I can avoid it?

Lol. Sorry!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
double
edit on 4-12-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
For a bit more holiday cheer, here's The Caretaker:
(play it at low volume in the background)

edit on 4-12-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Did the music stop on it's own while you were taping, or did you stop taping at the point you did for some reason?

Where is the 'source' for the emergency speakers - I mean, if someone were going to 'broadcast' over them, where would they do that from?

Do you know if the speakers in the rooms are all 'totally' connected together, or is it possible to isolate speakers in individual rooms?

I'm not saying this isn't a 'supernatural' phenomena - but you do need to thoroughly investigate this speaker system just to be absolutely sure that you can rule out possibilities like someone playing a trick on you...

Could the speakers pick up signals that were not intentionally 'broadcast' on them? (I mean for example, there've been reports of baby monitors picking up random radio signals or even neighbors phone calls).

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So the very first song is bing crosby white christmas, You can hear him say white I believe and that was about it. Are there stores in your hotel? possibly unshielded wires that are causing interference. Was it just that one speaker that was going off?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sandman441
So the very first song is bing crosby white christmas, You can hear him say white I believe and that was about it. Are there stores in your hotel? possibly unshielded wires that are causing interference. Was it just that one speaker that was going off?

No haunting stories that anyone has felt comfortable enough to share with me.
From what I could gather, no one else working that day heard anything. So as far as I can tell, it was limited to that room I was in.
A complete mystery.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

And you're sure no one was playing a trick?

Also - not sure if you saw my previous post (just above "sandman411"), and I am curious about those questions...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join