It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Having This Problem...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Seems for weeks now, I have not been getting reply notifications in my personal message queue...I have attempted to get a reason for this through the complaint system to no avail.

I realize the staff can be busy with other more delicate and important matters, but I would like to know am I alone in this predicament?

Is there anyone else that is having this problem receiving reply notifications?

I know I am getting specific responses directed to me and if I check my inbox and see nothing, I sometimes just leave ATS thinking nobody was interested only to find out that there were several replies I did get.

I don't always go back to the OP right away, sometimes I allow for discussion first. I do not always respond to replies because I have a lack of time to give proper attention, but it does not mean I do not read them when I can, especially if i get a specific response directed to soulpower!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Yes. I have the same issue.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here dude. I am replying to you now. Are you getting this notification in your reply page? Actually I have replied to a couple of your post over the last week or so and you have never gotten back. So maybe you are right,,, software glitch

Go ahead, reply to me and I will check mine.

edit on 31America/ChicagoTue, 01 Dec 2015 11:21:34 -0600Tue, 01 Dec 2015 11:21:34 -060015122015-12-01T11:21:34-06:001100000021 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't receive them usually. It's been sporadic.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
I don't always go back to the OP right away, sometimes I allow for discussion first.

I'm not sure the system is designed to notify replies to opening posts, despite the slightly misleading label attached to the icon (it says "replies to threads" where "replies to posts" would be more accurate).
I expect, and usually get, notifications of replies to other posts. They may not come if I have already read the relevant page.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I got one this time. I wrote an OP the other day though where I did not receive any.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Yeah sporadic is the word. I get them sometimes.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Me too. I think sporadic as you say.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I only get reply notifications maybe 25% of the time and I know because I go back and check on threads I've posted a reply on and found sometimes numerous replies.

Its had an interesting effect on me.......I read a lot more and reply a lot less. And maybe.....that's a good thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I noticed that if someone uses the quote button to reply to a post I am not notified and have to go through the thread to see if someone replied this way.
When I log on and the log on page says I have no replies, I push the reply button anyway to make sure. Sometimes I do have a reply.

top topics

join