It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your coffee sucks! ......double double the rage.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Don't laugh.

I've never liked coffee. I drink tea an hot cocoa. And like you stated I generally make it myself. I've actually worked at Starbucks right after I had my oldest child because I was going stir crazy.

Let me tell you what I learned. People do t understand the concept of a person simply not liking coffee. They think that if you don't have coffee cravings or coffee standards then you are crazy.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
That's pretty much the way I feel about Starbucks. Over complicated, over roasted, high price crap. I've been there a couple of times and when I say "Large cup of black coffee", the employee just stands there for a few seconds, eyebrows raised, an expectant look on their face, waiting for me to add a list of ingredients, then seem a bit put out when I repeat "just black"
"Gimme a doubleshotfrapasomethingtriplefoamespressolattegrandemocha"
What happened to just a large cup of coffee?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I hear you, but have you ever tried.. Coffee with coco powder?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 0hlord
Wouldn't that be a mocha ? Don't like it. Not even tiramisu. Its just gross.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I go to Timmys for 2 things- sausage breakfast sandwiches and ice caps.... usually together.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You guys want a good laugh?
I get very serious about both my tea and coffee
I buy most of my tea direct from China. It takes 3-4 weeks to get here after I order. I get it from Teavivre. My favorite tea is "Superfine Tan Yang Gong Fu" black tea. Its expensive but some of the best on the planet. I have $90 worth on the way right now and spend probably $300 or more on tea per year.

Coffee: I only order green raw beans. I get them from Sweet Marias in Oakland California. They travel the world and taste before making their purchases. My beans come from Sumatra, Hawaii, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Columbia, and where ever they have the very finest. I usually have at least 20 lbs of assorted beans on hand at any given time. They dont go stale when they are green. They beging to go stale a couple weeks after roasting. Everything you buy in the store is stale or rancid.
I roast weekly. This morning I roasted 2/3 cup of Sumatra beans for 9 minutes, brought them inside and fresh ground them. I use a very expensive Chemex hand blown glass coffee maker that makes the best drip coffee. I use a Big Berkey water filtration system to filter the water, then heat the water in a stainless Zoji Rushi water boiler to 205 F. After ther coffee has dripped I pour it into a preheated mug, and add 2 small spoons of raw Hawaiian coarse sugar, and 3 small spoons of Ghirardelli chocolate. I top it off with 1/2 and 1/2.
I told you I was serious........ LOL
edit on 1-12-2015 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Good thing you don't live close to me. I'd be knocking at your door every morning, cup in hand "Please sir, a few drops of your brew?"

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Don't ask a barista about coffee-they won't shut up.

"See what we do is slowly blend this bird guano (yes bird crap is a delicacy) with a full cream milk from a Tibetan mountain goat and we heat it to precisely 184 degrees Fahrenheit and then ferment it for two months in a Peruvian glacier..."

Coffee is freaking coffee-not an art. Leave the art to the cooks and the chefs.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
That's pretty much the way I feel about Starbucks. Over complicated, over roasted, high price crap. I've been there a couple of times and when I say "Large cup of black coffee", the employee just stands there for a few seconds, eyebrows raised, an expectant look on their face, waiting for me to add a list of ingredients, then seem a bit put out when I repeat "just black"
"Gimme a doubleshotfrapasomethingtriplefoamespressolattegrandemocha"
What happened to just a large cup of coffee?
lol! I was on a date once and we were getting coffee. He couldn't get over or believe I ordered a plain old cup of house coffee!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just in case any of you need amo. 9 # caramel macchiato cost my little sister her gal bladder. Her last one was the morning of the surgery and she can tell you the exact date.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I'm very late to the party - but....

as a Midwestern American Woman - I actually think Starbucks' coffee sucks.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
So a double double isn't two shots of rum and two shots of whiskey?

Man I've been doing it wrong all this time

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I'm very late to the party - but....

as a Midwestern American Woman - I actually think Starbucks' coffee sucks.

Well, as a Northeastern American stud-bomb I agree.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As an Eastern Canadian small town lady....when guests drop by for coffee, I ask, "One lump or two," stop listening immediately, and then put in a teaspoon of sugar and a glub of cream. No one has ever complained.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join