It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are WiFi and other RF signals causing harm to people

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Now take a trip to a far off Island or way into the Forrest and stay for a few days. You fell relaxed and rejuvenated but it never lasts long for as soon as you get home it all start up again.
I've gone to an island with forests and little to no EM, one place had a town generator that only ran 4 hours a day so 20 hours a day there was no electricity. However I found the itching and scratching from mosquito bites was far more annoying than anything I've ever noticed from being bathed in stray EM radiation from TV, radio, wifi, and cell phone sources, where I can't say I've ever noted any effects at all.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lostmymarbles
Actually you're a bit confused on some people being "not" allergic to water. It's not the internal water or water that makes up the body that they are allergic too but the contact of water on their skin.

You might try something a bit more authoritative than the Times. Aquagenic urticaria is now believed to be caused by topical water carrying a water soluble antigen from the stratum corneum into pores and follicles.

In other words, you're allergic to your own skin secretions. It's just that they can't get into a place that's vulnerable to the antigen unless an aqueous carrier comes along to dissolve them and put them there.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Flanker86

I think we already established that the RF low level EMT and other waves in and of themselves are harmless. What we have come to understand is the long term exposure to the amount of waves we have today seem to be what are causing the body's self protection mechanisms to inadvertently cause harm to our bodies themselves.

I think you need to substitute "what I personally have come to believe with no substantiating evidence" for "what we have come to understand". Because it seems like that assumption is a planetary one.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I believe the danger is real. They also have been installing those 'smart meters' everywhere which just adds to the dangerous signals even if you don't use wi-fi. I am not sure how you can avoid wi-fi anymore unless you build yourself a lead-lined bunker.

actually building a Faraday cage would be simple work just don't expect radio,cell phone,wifi signal

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

What about your neighbours wifi - or the cell tower up the road ?

Check out Organite ...

www.orgonite.info...

On the fence with this ...
edit on 14-12-2015 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Actually a wifi router that uses 2.4 and 5 network the 5 network signal is in the giga range signal. Your microwave uses the same wave length however your wifi router isn't pumping out 100 watts into the signal lol. You can think of it as a very super low powered microwave being on all the time, fractions compared to your microwave.

back to the topic at hand. Look up Faraday cages! get rid of the wifi router or turn it off and plug in an Ethernet cable. use a spectrum analyzer to find signal in your house. You can get free apps that are spectrum analyzers for a smartphone that will tell you signal strength. set up your bedroom for no signal with Faraday wallpaper. keep working on it until nothing get through to your bedroom.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

On the fence with this ...

If you believe it at all, you need remedial science.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1
Actually a wifi router that uses 2.4 and 5 network the 5 network signal is in the giga range signal.

That doesn't make a lot of sense, given that 2.4GHz and 5GHz are both "giga range", if I understand your use of that neologism.

Your microwave uses the same wave length however your wifi router isn't pumping out 100 watts into the signal lol. You can think of it as a very super low powered microwave being on all the time, fractions compared to your microwave.

The microwave is in the same neighborhood as the 2.4GHz signal. But not only are you not emitting so much power, you're also not in the near field, since your room isn't a tuned cavity with a load in it.

back to the topic at hand. Look up Faraday cages! get rid of the wifi router or turn it off and plug in an Ethernet cable. use a spectrum analyzer to find signal in your house. You can get free apps that are spectrum analyzers for a smartphone that will tell you signal strength. set up your bedroom for no signal with Faraday wallpaper. keep working on it until nothing get through to your bedroom.

Spectrum analyzers for cell phones are for sound inputs from the mic. Not radio signals. A decent spectrum analyzer for broadband RF is quite expensive, and requires some training to use. Also keeping RF out of a bedroom is certainly doable, but not for the faint of heart. I would not expect a layman to manage it.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
You guys realize that every electrical socket is a transmitter? The induced energies from computers powerunits, the interfering signals from larger machines in your electric network (not only in your house but in the whole neighborhood and town) are all coming out off your sockets.

You MIGHT install filters ahead of your home connection line, but those are expensive.

Then, you MIGHT use some sites like this (no advertising) to buy copper mesh for your walls. Even more expensive.

And don't forget: the higher the frequency, the smaller the largest allowed holes in your Faraday cage. For example: look at your microwave, see the holes in the shielding? For 5 GHz, those have to be HALF the diameter..

It is possible, but expensive.
And the effects are highly subjective, as there are no positive studies about EM-allergy, as far as I know.

I know that there were MASSIVE complaints about the "radiation" (which is in fact a field, not simple radiation - those could be blocked by a shield in one direction against the transmitter) of a mobile tower in my neighborhood. And everyone coming by that new tower could see that the cables were not connected yet - the described headaches were slipped forward, it seemed.
edit on 14 12 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

The microwave uses close to 2.4 Ghz range so your right about that. #2 there are spectrum analyzers apps are for wifi signal not just sound I have some on my phone which can tell me all sort of things about wifi signal like if the 2.4 network on many networks is saturating your living room and what channels they are on. I

When i was researching I must of got mixed up thinking the 5 network was closer to a microwave oven signal then the 2.4 signal which is a microwave signal same as the 5.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I love that about the mosquitoes.

I believe that the reason we don't notice the effects is that is it subtle and over a long period of time you build up a resistance to it. the resistance is a result of the protection mechanism of the body. The more your body is given the defense medication that protects you from feeling the effects of the waves, the more immune you get to the medication. It is like a drug addict or alcoholic the more he takes or drinks the more he needs to reach the same level of satisfaction. It is a body mechanism that does that with drugs and alcohol.

Now after years of your body's defense mechanism drugs in your body and its build up in tissue and other areas of your body they themselves become the enemy and start to manifest themselves in the above mentioned partial list of problems that many have come to associate with the exposure to RF, Electronic field (like that which is emitted from your wall and light sockets) and other wave lengths.

So it is not the waves in and of itself but it is what the waves cause after so many years of exposure.

What we have noticed now over the weeks is that we are sleeping better at nights that we turn off all the WiFi and other electronics. There are still a few Items going but far less than there have been over the years.

my WiFi/RF detector shows that the WiFi RF from our neighbors is a very minimal amount and may not even be affecting us. I can't shut off the Electric companies smart meter but it seems to be strong just near it and outside. Our bedrooms seem to be unaffected by most. The electrical wiring is still an issue but we have had that most of our lives too. It is all about finding a safe zone or making one that would be effective to eliminating most of the waves.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1

originally posted by: Metallicus

I believe the danger is real. They also have been installing those 'smart meters' everywhere which just adds to the dangerous signals even if you don't use wi-fi. I am not sure how you can avoid wi-fi anymore unless you build yourself a lead-lined bunker.

actually building a Faraday cage would be simple work just don't expect radio,cell phone,wifi signal

Any DYI plans for a Faraday Cage you could link us too?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I don't think the girl in the article had an allergy to the WiFi or other RF signals as much as the signal had a certain affect on her body causing it to produce chemicals as a defense that she was allergic too.

edit on 14-12-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join