It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz says there is no ‘war on women’ because we don’t have a condom shortage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

d Cruz on Monday offered a spirited defense of Republicans on women’s health issues, accusing Democrats of creating a phony “war on women” based on claims that his party wants to restrict access to birth control.

“The last I checked, we don’t have a rubber shortage in America,” the GOP presidential candidate said during a town hall here, responding to a question about the availability of contraception to women who want it.

Im sure This is reassuring to women and they should be flocking to rejoin the GOP and vote for the Republican candidate.

The Democratic National Committee pounced on Cruz’s comments on contraception, advising him to “quit mansplaining women’s health and listen to women who know how ridiculous his statements are.” The DNC also said Cruz has in fact supported policies that would make it harder for women to obtain birth control, positions at odds with his assertion in Bettendorf that he has yet to encounter “anybody, any conservative, who wants to ban contraceptives.”

Except for the fact that in many conservative controlled states the war on planned parenthood is evident. Perhaps women should be able to determine the type of birth control they want to use.

www.theatlantic.com...
edit on 1-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's funny...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The war on women is indeed fabricated from the left

Especially if you look at the Obama administration and many democrats in power and how they pay their women less then their men...

Its a proven fact...

This whole thing is made up to try and once again cause a divide and curry up decent....

Its ridiculous.....

There is no shortage of Birth control that is a fact, and there are thousands upon thousands of places that offer a multitude of contraceptives...

Ridiculous
edit on 12/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There is only one thing that would scare me enough to vote for Hillary and that's if this psychopath gets on the ballot.
I can't think of anything worse than this completely hateful and uninformed asshat being the POTUS.

I would rather have W back for 16 more years than to even imagine what the world would be like under Cruz.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Especially if you look at the Obama administration and many democrats in power and how they pay their women less then their men...

Its a proven fact...

Their Women?

So do the republicans pay "their women" the same as men?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Its a proven fact...

Their Women?

So do the republicans pay "their women" the same as men?

The fact that you obviously tried to add some sort of "offensive" context to that terminology when there clearly was none is a shining example of exactly what im talking about, this "PC" and word play game has gotten to the point of absolute absurdity

Thank you for illustrating what Im talking about so perfectly
edit on 12/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
How in the world can the DNC use the term mansplaining and expect to be taken seriously

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

Also his father want to turn the US into a theocratic state.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: NowWhat

Also his father want to turn the US into a theocratic state.

And Obamas father was an extremist, Obama venerated him so much he wrote a book about him

Double standard much

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Everyone knows how helpful condoms can be to women who experience irregular or no menstrual periods, cramps, acne, PMS, endometriosis and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, which are all conditions commonly treated with BC pills. Source

I've heard that Ted Cruz is "the smartest man in the room"... I chuckle, but I've heard it. He must hang out with some pretty brain-dead people!

Yeah, Ted. We can just slip a condom on our wrist and the ovarian cysts disappear! You genius, you!

I find it some sort of amazing and hilarious that men keep discussing women's reproductive health care, like it's their business.
edit on 12/1/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The entire 'war on women' narrative is just liberal hyperbole.

I disagree with Cruz's position, but seriously? 'War on women' it is not.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ted is also very, very proud of having the endorsement of Troy Newman, who co-authored a book with a convicted BOMBER who spent two years in prison for her actions.

This is Operation Rescue. They are directly responsible for the slayings of abortion providers going back to the late 80s and early 90s.

Just watched this bit from the Maddow show,
Cruz in questionable company, offers bizarre response to shooting

This is NOT a fabrication on the part of the left, as Cruz alleges. These people - Operation Rescue - are murderers. They are terrorists. And Ted is so happy to have their endorsement!!
Sick. Twisted, sick psychopath.

Those 'videos' were hoaxes. Conspiracy theorists must be aware of that. The PP does NOT SELL "BABY PARTS" for profit.

These wingnut snipers, bombers, stalkers, shooters are Right-Wing evangelicals - and the threats are ramping up even more.

Increased threats correspond to new Planned Parenthood bashing

I don't care what any of you think about Rachel Maddow, MSNBC, or any other sources reporting on this stuff.
It is not "invented" - this man Newman is a terrorist, and that fake video's producers should be held accountable for the murders of these people.

Three additional people - walking, talking, air-breathing, eating, sleeping ADULTS - are DEAD.

If anyone cares to defend Cruz, I'll read. But nothing you can say will eliminate the FACTS.

edit on 12/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I find it some sort of amazing and hilarious that men keep discussing women's reproductive health care, like it's their business.

When women start having children through immaculate conception or without the need for male sperm, then i suppose you will have a leg to stand on

I find it frankly offensive that women believe that males who are also the biological parents of the offspring have no say in it what so ever.....

Militant feminism at work

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The entire 'war on women' narrative is just liberal hyperbole.

I disagree with Cruz's position, but seriously? 'War on women' it is not.

Perhaps , but in politics...perception is everything and liberal hyperbole or not, Cruz isn't doing the Republicans any favors with this type of dumbass "rubber" statements.

This type of BS will reflect on all the GOP candidates. It's as if they want Clinton to win....do you not think the democrats will use this to their advantage?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Cruz ducks questions about radical religious right endorsement

Rachel Maddow reports on Ted Cruz, Republican presidential candidate, avoiding directly addressing his association with religious extremists who cited the Bible as justifying executing homosexuals and abortion doctors.

And that "Kill the Gays" Uganda problems? ALL CAUSED by American "missionaries."

Ted Cruz Hailed Activist Who Wants Abortion Providers Executed Eight Days Before Planned Parenthood Shooting

Troy Newman, the head of Operation Rescue, has long been known as one of the most radical anti-choice activists in the country, saying that a just government would execute abortion providers and organizing efforts to harass abortion providers and their patients.

But Ted Cruz apparently saw his extremism as a boon, releasing a statement on November 19th touting Newman’s endorsement of his presidential campaign and declaring that America needs more “leaders like Troy Newman.”

In his statement, Cruz made clear that he was touting Newman’s endorsement because of the activist’s role in creating the hoax videos smearing Planned Parenthood for selling “baby parts” for profits.

- See more at: www.rightwingwatch.org... f

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
as long as they are trying to convince the nation that a fertilized egg is a person and should hold the same rights as the rest of us, they are endangering women's rights. there is no way around it.... and well, possibly men's rights also since what men do today may also effect their offspring of tomorrow.

we have women in this country sitting in jail because they miscarried and well, have been accused of abusing drugs (with on law that doesn't even specify what drug, it could be a drug that is prescribed by a doctor for a valid treatment for a real health issue) while pregnant.... heck one women in NY was found guilty of manslaughter for causing the death of her unborn child by careless driving, it took a higher court to overrule that decision. who here think any man would tolerate the idea that the months before they made a women pregnant could be scrutinized if he happened to get someone pregnant and they have a miscarriage? after all, like it or not men, what you do before you get a women pregnant does effect that fetus also! or gee, the women's emotional health has also been found to negatively effect the health and well being of the fetus.....think maybe if there was a possibility that the verbally abusive man could be put in jail for manslaughter because his pregnant wife miscarried would cause some of the to shut their mouths and think about it?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Abortion is NOT and Should NEVER be considered birth control.

Abortion should ONLY be used for rape/health for mother and child issues and NOT as a standard procedure.

Dont want to get pregnant ? Use a condom, go on the pill or just keep your legs closed.
edit on 1-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I find it frankly offensive that women believe that males who are also the biological parents of the offspring have no say in it what so ever.....

Aw... did I say something politically incorrect that offended you? I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend your sensibilities!

(Jeez! It's true that everyone is looking for something to be offended about!)

Anyway, women's reproductive health care, like her own personal choice of birth control, has nothing to do with men. I'm sorry if that offends you, but that's just the truth. Men really don't and shouldn't have any more say in what birth control a woman chooses, than she has in how often he masturbates. Some things are personal.

I hope you get over being offended soon.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I'm gonna throw you for a loop here...

I have a completely different take on Ted Cruz and the war on women. There is indeed a "war" on women... on their health anyway. And the weapons of choice are abortions and hormone-based birth control and mastectomies and minimizing the importance of breast-feeding... which causes breast cancer. Pregnancy starts a cycle which allows the breasts to mature with breastfeeding completing the maturation cycle. When a pregnancy is terminated, the cycle is not completed, leaving the woman (and her breasts) vulnerable to cancer and other conditions.

All of which are big money makers for Planned Parenthood and the Susan G Komen Foundation and, of course, Big Pharma. But as long as we have politicians and other talking-heads saying stupid stuff (like Ted Cruz) and getting all the attention, the real threat to women is ignored, more women suffer, and more women die.

But it's all good for those making beaucoup bucks off the death and misery of others!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I'm gonna throw you for a loop here...

I have a completely different take on Ted Cruz and the war on women. There is indeed a "war" on women... on their health anyway. And the weapons of choice are abortions and hormone-based birth control and mastectomies and minimizing the importance of breast-feeding... which causes breast cancer. Pregnancy starts a cycle which allows the breasts to mature with breastfeeding completing the maturation cycle. When a pregnancy is terminated, the cycle is not completed, leaving the woman (and her breasts) vulnerable to cancer and other conditions.

How does that work with miscarriages then?

All of which are big money makers for Planned Parenthood and the Susan G Komen Foundation and, of course, Big Pharma. But as long as we have politicians and other talking-heads saying stupid stuff (like Ted Cruz) and getting all the attention, the real threat to women is ignored, more women suffer, and more women die.

Newsflash: Every major product you buy is a money maker for someone.

But it's all good for those making beaucoup bucks off the death and misery of others!

Death and misery of others? Who exactly is miserable here and who is dying?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join