It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey closed the straits of Bosphorus - Russia gives a last chance/warning - Turkey reopens

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart

As of Turkey, it should be expelled from NATO. NATO doesn't want nuclear exchange or does it.

While the name of the game is to confine the Russians in the Eastern Med ; I doubt somewhat expelling Turks would solve the problems Nato faces with Russia .

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Won respect from whom? Russia itself?

NATO had nothing to do with Turkey downing a Russian aircraft that violated, again, Turkish airspace. Secondly Russia was not even attacking ISIS, which goes against the lies Putin is spitting out about why they are in Turkey.

Russia wanted to build a pipeline through Turkey, their nationals went there for vacation, they had a visa free travel agreement, etc... Russia kept violating Turkish airspace and after being warned they lost a jet when it violated Turkish airspace.

All of a sudden Russian starts screaming about Turkey and ISIS and all this other crap... Why did Russia have issues with it only after their plane was shot down?

If anything the Russian actions were those of a coward.

Because Putin was trying to shift the story away from their mistake by trying to paint Turkey as something its not. There was nothing heroic about a russian jet violating sovereign airspace of another nation.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

The goal is to try and fracture NATO. Its the same line Russia is using with the EU, trying to fracture it to give Russia an advantage. Russia can't compete so it can only try to break the groups apart.

Its the same thing they are trying to do to Ukraine. Russia has been trying to block Ukraine and the EU trade agreement by arguing Russia can't compete with it.

Instead of bringing itself into the 21st century Russia (Putin) is clinging to the past.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You do know that turkey deployed forces within Syria? not sure if these news are posted. Now Kurds and Syrian army united against turks and ISIS. Also Syria requested a perma russian base/s within Syria . I believe its a matter of time, to read russian raids against turkish military within Syria. The turkish convoy destructions keep up, the latest raid against turkish convoy was last night...

turks deployed forces outside Aleppo or Halep.

edit on 18-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

thank you for that info, I didn't know it. I heard of Turk deployment in N.Iraq.
You pointed well that those convoys of oil trucks are Turkish, they are not and cannot be IS owned trucks. Actually, the war already started.

Sun Tsu said, the wars are won or lost long before they have ever started.
edit on 19-1-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
We have some breaking news, Russia forces engaged and imprisoned, also killed dozen of turkish forces inside Syria.

link

The article says (personal translation)
Russia send a military force of 250 men in the airport of Qamishli and they created a frontline in Tarteb base located in Hasaka, near the turkish borders. They achieved a kind of blockade for the turkish invasion into Syria. So Turks and Russians engage each other in the turkish-syrian borders, also within Syria near Aleppo area.
3 Turkish captured in Aleppo, 5 turks killed in syria-turkish borders by Spetsnaz team.
In the meantime Turks engage mass attacks against syrian army positions. Also turkish artillery entered the village of Hemmame in Efrin.

The article also includes pictures and videos, of the captured turkish men, also maps of the events and more details about more killing.

here is some LiveLeak news about turkish invasion into syria www.liveleak.com...
www.anfenglish.com...

It seems its official turks invaded Syria with artillery and ground forces... You can create a new topic if its needed.
edit on 19-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Local sources and a comment about ISIS... Any real sources?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hawking just warned humanity of the major dangers it faces: of nuclear war, biologic and other based on technology humanity do not control.

Actually, I know this kind of reasoning to prevention is a voice in the desert. Perhaps the war will be allowed to happen on some determined scale, or who knows how.

The opposition leader in Turkey has been accused by their prosecution for simply calling president Erdogan "dictator". Seems Turkey closed completely the page of human rights and EU values it trumped before.
edit on 19-1-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
here is some more news and we also have an american officer visit in turkey

link

now.mmedia.me...

aranews.net...

sputniknews.com...

@Xcathdra so the news I gave, are pretty accurate. My only mistake, that I gave them before its widespread news. Take some today spicy news link
edit on 21-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Not really...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
here is a relative to the topic, today news about the straits the talks in a few days about Syria, Turkey and Russia... and NATO. Overall, they try to blackmail Russia to find peace with turks, or else nato will create problems with the straits.

sputniknews.com...

it relates with that too www.rt.com...

also (overall, a diplomatic conflict between Russia and USA, plus Turks threat Russia with war, if they create any base near the Syrian-turkish borders).

link , link and link
edit on 22-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

We have some breaking news, Russia forces engaged and imprisoned, also killed dozen of turkish forces inside Syria.

I see your local source, and raise you a security source in the region...

Whether he entered Jarabulus in Turkey? Description arrived

Security sources reported that Turkish troops enter Syria is not correct to claim that Jarabulus.

Whether he entered Jarabulus in Turkey? Description arrived
A

According to information from security sources in the region, the Turkish military, south of the railway came to the region to clear mines on Turkish territory.
A meter even during mine-clearing operations in Syria resources indicating whether entered into the territory of the Turkish border, in some places railway in the region 30, in some places 50, while in some places gave the information is down to 100 meters south.
Some areas cleared of mines by the Syrians in the region, said the sources used in the field, he emphasized the completion of demining activities in safety.

www.milliyet.com.tr...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

if you check the prev comments, I gave with a 24h delay, more sources. If all sources are wrong and myliet is correct, is another story.

Also Kurdish media reported the intrussion of turks in syria.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join