It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey closed the straits of Bosphorus - Russia gives a last chance/warning - Turkey reopens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Ploutonas
Well. please come back with more definite and reliable documentation.
If you've got nothing more than the stories Greeks like to tell each other at the expense of the Turks, that only counts as hearsay.

You dont like the article and the reply from russia? This is not my story... So deal with it. Today article just confirms that Turks dont own and have strict authority over it.
edit on 12-12-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
You dont like the article and the reply from russia? This is not my story... So deal with it. Today article just confirms that Turks dont own and have strict authority over it.

I was asking about your original statement that Turkey pays rent to Britain for the Straits, and that IS your story.
Please quote the exact words in the article or elsewhere which state that Turkey pays rent to Britain.

Please don't try to fob me off with regulations about the way the Straits are supposed to be worked.
I am not asking about regulations.
I am asking about rent. Money payments into the British Treasury. How much, how often, and in what currency?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas

I was asking about your original statement that Turkey pays rent to Britain for the Straits, and that IS your story.
Please quote the exact words in the article or elsewhere which state that Turkey pays rent to Britain.

Please don't try to fob me off with regulations about the way the Straits are supposed to be worked.
I am not asking about regulations.
I am asking about rent. Money payments into the British Treasury. How much, how often, and in what currency?

The 50% of my statement comfirmed, now you have to wait till I find my teacher and ask again
but he told us in the past that brits control it and where the earnings goes?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
A report of a verbal statement from your teacher will not be enough.
What Greeks say to each other about the Turks is not necssarily going to be more reliable than what Turks say to each other about the Greeks.
You will need solid documentation about the payment of rent. If there exists an international agreement on the subject, it ought to be available in English.

No more old wives' tales, please. Documentation. About money payments.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

A report of a verbal statement from your teacher will not be enough.
What Greeks say to each other about the Turks is not necssarily going to be more reliable than what Turks say to each other about the Greeks.
You will need solid documentation about the payment of rent. If there exists an international agreement on the subject, it ought to be available in English.

No more old wives' tales, please. Documentation. About money payments.

The rent I said, is part of the earnings, all ships and boats pay a fee to pass. Now you ask me, where all these money goes... This documentation could be found in a university with navy studies, possibly. But I will ask my teachers for guidance. And you act like fanatic, for me and my class, it is only a part of our knowledge, for you looks like personal.

but will do my best to get some info.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You told us that the money goes to Britain.
I look for confirmation of that. Otherwise, I think your teacher is making it up.

N.B. If your teacher is telling you lies about this, you need to be wary of anything else he tells you.

edit on 12-12-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
No money goes to Britain.
edit on 12-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This aint 1850, the Russians want pie for loss in Crimean War to Ottomans. Turkey is buying IS oil, Russia will end it all.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gomar
This aint 1850, the Russians want pie for loss in Crimean War to Ottomans. Turkey is buying IS oil, Russia will end it all.

uhmm no.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gomar

Let's keep it simple: Turkey shot down a Russian plane. If Russia were able to retaliate with overwhelming force, it would have done so already. They have not, therefore they cannot.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
edit on 0amx00000046 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Bottling up the Russian Black Sea Fleet? People should be aware thats what the control of Ukraine is really Geo-strategically all about about, the Russian fleet based at Sevastopol in the Crimea.

Access to the Mediterranean is key to defending and supplying their bases in Syria. Without passage through the strait from the Black Sea, the Russians have to go all away around through the straits of Gibraltar or the Suez Canal.

Surely an escalation on the part of NATO…

I just read an interview of some Russian think tank,svpressa.ru... he said if Turkey closes the straights, the only move to Russia will be to open them with military means. Practically it means to capture Constantinople that is situated on one of the straights. I can search for that interview, it has pretty strong vocabulary, including a warning of nuclear weapons to be used at Turkey if a nuclear country helps them to fight Russia (90 gravity A-bombs are still stationed in Incirlic US base, some of them may be hydrogen). Another consequence according to that think tank of Russia would be, Russia takes the Baltics.
edit on 15-1-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Won't happen and it Russia attempted it they would be destroyed.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

US aims to spread its US Corporatist Fascism throughout the world, not its destruction. So in a game of Russian roulette, US would not risk everything for nothing, and Russia knows it, which is why Russia is in Syria.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

So in a game of Russian roulette, US would not risk everything for nothing, and Russia knows it, which is why Russia is in Syria.

And all this time I thought they were in Syria at the request of Syria, and to fight ISIS.

SO they are only there to give the US the finger...learn something new every day.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Its good to learn new things.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

and yet we come back to the fact that Turkey can close the straights to foreign military vessels and if Russia were to attack Turkey over a lawful move (by a treaty Russia is a signatory of) Russia would lose and would lose hard.

Ironic Russia would violate a treaty yet not surprising since they did the same to Ukraine.

Even funnier is the fact the economic system the USSR chose failed and Putin is running full speed to that USSR system.
edit on 15-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

By winning in the attempt and claiming it is so.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There is no righteous side in these conflicts, US plunders, Russia plunders, the average person looses. But when faced with two evils most will select the lesser evil in the hope of a better outcome. The west is on the brink of economic collapse facing the prospect of possible revolution from a growing unemployed. The east with BRICS has enormous problems as well but has the industrial might to recover from a deflationary spiral. So its really not anything to do with flags but a fight between the ruling banking elite and economical freedom. If Russia bows to the banking elite then the fight for personal freedoms might become more difficult. Its not being pro russia, but anti-banking rule NWO.
edit on 15-1-2016 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

and Putin is worth over 200 billion dollars...

Sounds like one of the bankers / ruling elite to me... Unless his KGB salary is responsible? Using personal freedoms in the same post about Russia is a joke right?

Ah yes - NWO.

Who are the NWO?

names / country list please and a link to see how you arrived at that claim.
edit on 15-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join