It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Bridge area evacuated after 'suspicious item' sparks scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The London Bridge area has been evacuated after a 'suspicious item' has been found and sparks a scare in the area.

Source: Twitter & www.independent.co.uk...

Not many details on this just yet. More to follow.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: capragenus

This gave me a scare for half a minute! I thought it was referring to the London Bridge in Lake Havasu, AZ... and my husband is on the way there now. But my mistake. It's actually a bridge in London, England.

Hoping for the best for all in London.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: capragenus

Y'all be safe, I'm sorry this is the world we are in.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Probably nothing to be worried about, we've been alert for such happenings since the 1970's and the US sponsored terrorism of the IRA.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You'd be surprised at how many people don't know about the bridge that was moved from London to Lake Havasu.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What? Did you guys not vote yes on bombing Assad? I mean ISIS?

Quick before a scare turns real. ISIS is trying to convince you not to bomb them.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Yea, just because some Irish Americans sent money does not mean it was state sponsored, it was wrong either way.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

You'd be surprised at how many people don't know about the bridge that was moved from London to Lake Havasu.

Any idea how much that guy that developed the area paid for the bridge when London sold it? I am sure the shipping of that bridge cost a small fortune too.

ETA: Found it.....2.4 Million...not bad I guess!
edit on 12/1/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the same location:

Offices surrounding the BBC headquarters in Portland Place were evacuated following a bomb scare on Tuesday afternoon. The alarm has now been stood down and streets reopened.
Police cordoned off the area to traffic and pedestrians. Great Portland Street was closed and Regent Street blocked off, according to reports.

How far is great Portland St. And the bridge?

www.rt.com...
edit on 1-12-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Long gone are the days when you saw unattended baggage and thought. you're coming home with me.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Between Vikings and fires I think that bridge was bad luck for London! That's why the nursery rhyme has it always falling down

I hope it's far more modern form has had better luck over the pond

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: capragenus
The London Bridge area has been evacuated after a 'suspicious item' has been found and sparks a scare in the area.

Source: Twitter & www.independent.co.uk...

Not many details on this just yet. More to follow.

Suspicious package and vehicle found in the area. Source

EDIT: Vehicle now non-suspicious
edit on 1/12/15 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I never actually thought about it, but now that you mention it...

I've known for years, and I was always charmed by the whole story. As well as the bridge and Havasu Village itself, though I haven't been there for years. Back in the day, AZ's legal drinking age was 19 while Cali and Nevada were 21, so -- needless to say! -- it was a very popular spot for those young adults. I confess that's what first brought me to Havasu, but I kept going back because it was just such a charming place. And the Havasu Falls are breathtaking.... even more wondrous and awesome than Sedona.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Any idea how much that guy that developed the area paid for the bridge when London sold it? I am sure the shipping of that bridge cost a small fortune too.

ETA: Found it.....2.4 Million...not bad I guess!

After reading your post I had to look it up too! Also, according to Wikipedia:

Plumer then arranged with a cargo shipping company that was going to sail a newly built ship from Great Britain to the United States without any cargo. Plumer said they would pay for all operating costs of the sailing, which was far less than the going rate shipping costs.

No dollar amount given though.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I hope everything goes alright with removing the suspicious item and nobody gets hurt.

But assuming the bridge gets bombed, but no-one is killed or injured, then it should be strictly "OK" to state the white elephant in the room: that the old Nursery Rhyme "London Bridge is falling down" takes on a whole new ironic meaning.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I see someone was thinking of making "london bridge falling down " a reality.

new topics

top topics

join