It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman, 22, dies during 'exorcism' she became possessed through using Ouija board

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
My take away on OIUJA boards, is it does have some psychological effects on individuals. Not deamonic or spiritual, but based on their individual perspective and beliefs, they can create a curse or possession Similiar to a placebo effect. Our minds can create real physical symptoms through strong beliefs.

Medicines will be ineffective in treatment if patient believes strongly they are possessed by a demon. The cure is the same as the cause. One of believable authority has to impress upon the patient that they can be freed and live happily. It will all depend on the individual's belief still.

Edit add: Admittedly, Jesus recorded in the Bible, does share this simplistic reasoning too and seems frustrated that so many didn't understand.
edit on 8 15 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

your theory has a scientific basis and is supported by studies on the voodoo effect and how if someone believes they are cursed then bad things will happen.......... they end up bringing it on themselves, if you like.
i wrote a thread on how i believed that TPTB where using tobacco warning signs to speed up the diseases in susceptible individuals, the nocebo effect is real and if people start realising this then they WILL live a happier and healthier life.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join