It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman, 22, dies during 'exorcism' she became possessed through using Ouija board

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
If the Catholic church was involved there is probably a video and voice recording and the church does not release this data to the public. If the church was not involved then there probably is no film.

I wonder why there aren't any leaked videos and voice recordings from the RCC. If they can't keep the lid on something as scandalous as pedophilia why should we believe they can keep these videos and recordings secret? What would be the point of keeping them from the public in the first place? It's not like people aren't aware Catholics perform exorcisms. It's not like there aren't people who don't already believe the ritual has power. In my mind, there would be nothing to achieve, and only things to be gained, from releasing their data. And another thing...

Where is all the data from people that aren't part of the RCC? Why no cell phone pics depicting somebody in the thralls of possession, levitating? You told me in another thread of yours that you don't believe any of the exorcism videos on YouTube are real, and that at least 95% (or something like that) are hoaxes. Can you provide a link to one that isn't? How come the internet isn't flooded with legitimate videos and recordings?

Or am I just not looking in the right places?

edit on 12-1-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
Really?

The article states she had multiple illnesses before she died. Hence the parents concluded that she was possessed. Rather than getting proper treatment, she gets a course of exocism. Diagnosis for death is cardiac arrest. Many young people die of cardiac arrests, are all of them haunted? Most probably she had congenital heart disease hence the unexplained illnesses.

Such magical happenings, levitation, etc, any videos?

So the illnesses made her speak in a males voice and she levitated. So tell me doctor which illness is this?

Thats why I said, are there any evidence of such magical extraordinary happenings?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Rather than the burden of explaining how this allegedly happened on us, how about you explain why there were no photos or videos of this happening?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I just played a no-limit tournament of Texas Holdem against my Ouija board using tarot cards and with the Necronomicon as a rule book. I kicked its ass.

I will keep you updated on my levitation experiences.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Wait you believe she was levitating without any evidence to confirm it was true or not? Talk about confirmation bias.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Superstition over a piece of cardboard?

I NOW understand why we are still on Earth.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
A number of past illnesses which may have led to a delusionary state, so maybe she didn't know where she was, this was diagnosed as possession by the third world witch doctors in Belize. Welcome to the 21st century, not Salem. Mass. in the 17th.
edit on AM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I just played a no-limit tournament of Texas Holdem against my Ouija board using tarot cards and with the Necronomicon as a rule book. I kicked its ass.

I will keep you updated on my levitation experiences.

That was you I was playing against? No fair. Your board was hiding major arcana cards from my board!

edit on 12/1/2015 by Klassified because: oops.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
On topic: I feel bad for this young lady. She needed serious help, and her superstitious parents took her to the church instead. How many times have I heard this story. If some backward Amazon tribe takes their children to the local witch doctor, we call them primitive and ignorant. But when parents take their child to be exorcised of "demons", we call it Christian. This woman might still be alive today had she received proper medical treatment.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
well i for one believe everything anyone tells me so i think this is legit.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
well i for one believe everything anyone tells me so i think this is legit.

Fantastic irony with your name! Well played!

This whole thing kind of feels like the flip-side version of how any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Sad.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

OUIJA POST

YES -------- NO

A B C D E F G H I J K L M

N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

GOOD BYE

Mouse cursor is your planchette.

edit on 12-1-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Does it matter whether it's called possession or 'mental illness' if the symptoms are the same I wonder. The only solution for 'MI' to the degree of severe 'possession' would be medication so heavy they'd be a zombie corpse, just still breathing. If you have to essentially kill someone more or less to cure them, but some religious approach might psychologically actually get them out of it (rare but possible), I'd be willing to try the latter, even if I didn't think it had a religious origin.

I consider so-called possession to be a valid psychological state in terms of it occurring sometimes -- people should not "assume" that the labels of history, which may be superstitious, are necessarily "the answer" for something; there may be fragmented psychological aspects which are incredibly dangerous to the individual or others, "act out" the individual's fears and cultural associations (e.g. the whole exorcist stuff), etc. -- that doesn't make those aspects "demons" in the classical sense.

Unless we consider "Daemon" to still mean "messenger" in which case any "identity-personality" could qualify I suppose.

I mean a long time ago, it was believed that when someone was ill such as had the flu, that teeny tiny demons had invaded their blood. We are all so much smarter than that now, right... except daemon meaning messenger could easily be translated, from a higher perspective, to virii in the blood... so maybe they were actually right all along about some of it, just a bit wrong about the sourced-from-the-bowels-of-hell part. (We assume, lol.)

RC

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

To those who believe anything in the Daily Mail begone!!.
The daily mail who has headlines like "Is there no one in Britain who can make a sandwich?" and "Yew were always on my mind the tree that looks like Elvis".

No such thing as demons or possession just the mentally unwell.
But hey you have top secret clearance so it all must be true.

In my professional Opinion?

The Daily Mail needs to be visited by a Young Priest, and an Old Priest......

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Once again another person dies from playing with the ouija board and many still consider it a toy.

Did the Ouija board kill her or did the exorcism do it? I would love to see any physical proof of possession other than some person freaking out. How about a man's voice in a ancient language, that would be better.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Superstition over a piece of cardboard?

I NOW understand why we are still on Earth.

Our superstitions (or stupidness) reflect our upbringing and education level. Some of it can't be changed because fundamentally all humans are irrational. Science only makes it harder for us to be fail collectively.

www.scientificamerican.com - The Science of Irrationality: Why We Humans Behave So Strangely...
www.the atlantic.com - The Irrational Consumer: Why Economics Is Dead Wrong About How We Make Choices...
edit on 12/1/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Does anyone know what hysteria is? It's a Greek word meaning "wandering uterus."

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I believe in demonic possessions.

I have about as much proof as you have that they don't.

Even if there was a video, the same people demanding one would call the video fake.

The Catholic Church as well as other factions of Christians believe also and history is riddled with stories of exorcisms.

It only takes one of those stories to be real.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

A woman has died during an 'exorcism' performed in a local church after becoming 'possessed' by the Ouija board. Jaqueline Sanchez, 22, died after suffering a cardio respiratory arrest, according to media in Belize, in Central America. Reports suggested her body had been 'lifted' up in the air inside the church and she had spoken in a man's voice.

It was also claimed she had to be held down as part of the religious ritual in America. Her parents allegedly believed she had been possessed by a demon following a number of unexplained illnesses in the months before her death. Ms Sanchez had been suffering from convulsions and hysteria which doctors at Plan Tres Mil hospital in Santa Cruz, could not diagnose.

They confirmed she died of natural causes and said that cuts and bruises on her body was due to a 'trance'. FELCC spokesman Roger Gutiérrez said: 'The forensic report realizes that this girl, identified as Jaqueline Sanchez, died of natural causes due to a cardiac arrest, and the bruises and lacerations to her body (were) due to a trance that he was suffering.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

To those who want to disbelieve this idea of possession of course do so BUT levitation and speaking in a man's voice? You want to discuss the woman speaking in man's voice and attempt to explain it? But before you do please explain how she levitated and teach the rest of us how to do this.

Once again another person dies from playing with the ouija board and many still consider it a toy.

i am suspicious of christian exorcisms that require such drama. Christ delegated the authroity to cast out low spirits (often referred to as demons) or devils in his name to all of his followers. This is not supposed to be dramatic or a physical ordeal or torture. Simply address the spirit and order it to vacate and go to the place prepared for it in Jesus' name. No low spirit, demon or devil can refuse or resist a christian who walks the walk acting under authority as described in the gospel. beating up, abusing or mortifying the victim is a sure sign you are a psychopath and not an exorcist.
additionally -usually it is unnecessary to diagnose demons when a psychological or neurological illness will adequately explain the victim's plight. True cases of supernatural possession are exceedingly rare. normally it is a mental issue requiring professional medical help not some low I.Q. semi-literate wannabes grabbing their arms and shaking them forcefully them around while screaming about how bad you are and how you are going to hell in their time of trouble.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
double post
edit on 2-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join