It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia’s threat to 'sue people who compare them to Isis:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...
Ok try Huffpost. while I can go to the link it's weird that I can't link it here.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Actually a lawsuit might be a great idea. The defence would have a field day - as long as the judge allows publication of the proceedings Saudia Arabias practises would be on public record for all to see.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

My defence would be:
Freedom of speech

Rest my case.

*drops Mike and leaves court room*
edit on 1-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
*drops Mike and leaves court room*

Poor Mike, I hope he didn't land on his head!

2nd: Saudi Arabia, you are just like ISIS. Maybe you are ISIS.

edit on 12-1-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Something interesting...

My mother's husband's sister married into a Saudi family.

The bin Mahfouz family.

I think she married one of the sons of Khalid bin Mahfouz.

Khalid bin Mahfouz (December 26, 1949 - August 16, 2009) was a Saudi Arabian billionaire, banker, investor and former chairman of the National Commercial Bank (NCB), the first private bank in Saudi Arabia. Khalid is the son of Salem Bin Mahfouz, a Saudi entrepreneur who rose from being a smalltime moneychanger to becoming the founder of the first private Saudi bank, National Commercial Bank (NCB). NCB was founded in 1953.[1]

With a personal wealth estimated to be around $3.2 billion, Bin Mahfouz ranked 24th in Arabian Business magazine’s list of the world’s most influential Arabs in 2008.[2] In the same year, Bin Mahfouz ranked number 214 in Forbes Billionaires List[3]

Khalid bin Mahfouz was the second eldest son of Salem Ahmed bin Mahfouz, a Saudi who rose from being an illiterate moneychanger to the founder of the first bank in his country, the National Commercial Bank of Saudi Arabia (NCB). Salem Ahmed then became the personal banker of the Saudi royal family. He handed management of NCB, the largest bank in the country, to Khalid sometime in the 1980s.[5]

Bin Mahfouz was married with three children. His personal net worth was $3.2 billion in 2006, making him one of the richest people in the world at the time; his family fortune was estimated to have been worth over $4 billion.[9]

And of course, there is controversy. Accusations of ties to the bin Laden family, and the funding of terrorism to name a couple. You can read about those on the Wiki. en.wikipedia.org...

They come to the states every so often. I really don't know how often though, or when. I've only ever met one of them. One of Khalid's grandsons. Apparently I offended him simply because I was drunk. I found that hypocritical because my "step brother" told me the kid was not above getting drunk himself.

A while back, I worked at a call center. One of the guys I worked with was from Saudi Arabia. He was an albino with coke-bottle glasses (and he still had to enlarge all the text on his screen at work). Turned out this guy knew the bin Mahfouz, and was friends with the previously mentioned grandson. He told me they liked to go shooting together, and showed me a video of himself shooting an AK in the woods somewhere.

I never took this coworker as a potential threat, for many reasons. But he had a strange sense of humor. Especially for where he came from. He would often tell me he liked Osama bin Laden. On the first day of orientation, when everyone was introducing themselves he said, "Hi. My name is F----, I am from Saudi Arabia. I come to America bringing bombs for all of you!"

A real rib tickler if there ever was one.

No doubt this puts me on another list somewhere.

Talk about your degrees of separation though...

edit on 12-1-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Conspiracy Theory: This is all meant for us to rage at the Saudis and create Twitter accounts. Money is king! I'm joking of course, mostly.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
ISIS = TRUE ISLAM

WAHABISM = TRUE ISLAM

Yep.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I notice the usual ATS keyboard jihadi brigade is conspicuously absent from this thread.

They can't come up with anything?

Still waitng for orders on how to proceed?
edit on 1-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Well thankfully The house of Saud feudal Islamic monarchy laws have not meaning in our nation of constitutional laws.

Saudi way to exercise their laws are not different from any other extremist terrorist groups as Saudi is very much extremist itself by western standards.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
To be fair. SA is very "progressive" in a relative way by islamic standards.

They finally allowed women to vote. Yes it is 2015 and this is not an Onion News story.

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, Nov. 30 (UPI) -- For the first time in the country's history, Saudi Arabia will officially count the opinions of female citizens in its national elections on Dec. 12. More than a thousand women could appear on the ballots -- another first for a conservative Muslim nation with a questionable women's rights record and a reputation for a slow reforms process.
www.upi.com...

Of course good muslim women still have to obey their husbands or fathers and vote for whoever and whatever they do.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just one word of advice for ALL of you. Don't go to any Saudi controlled countries for a holiday as they have long memories and your names WILL be on a watch for list. BELIEVE.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wanna know who controls the purse strings? Find our who you are not allowed to insult!

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
How many 911 planes were flown by Saudi nationals? Hmmmm?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

ATS is on Twitter

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

This link works

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Is it true that F D Roosvelt made a deal with Saudi Arabia.
That deal being ... Saudi oil in exchange for unlimited riches

The one concession readily granted to Saudi was ...
To not interfere with their religious culture ... that culture being backward and barbaric

If this is true ... it explains a lot

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Go ahead and sue me Saudi you are just like Isis.

Second that.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Are jihadi hackers retaliating?

Is anybody else having trouble accessing ATS today?

For the past hour I was unable to acces this site, getting either a totally blank page or 403 forbidden error when trying.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Considering the 19 hijackers were Saudi.

When the shoe fits one must admit.

How Saudi is not on the state sponsors of terrorism is beyond ludicrous.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Are jihadi hackers retaliating?

Is anybody else having trouble accessing ATS today?

For the past hour I was unable to acces this site, getting either a totally blank page or 403 forbidden error when trying.

Most likely. The saudis are prollw pissing and moaning how if they could just grab us through th einternet we would all be sorry. Cut off all imports to saudi arabia and blockade their water shipments see how long their high and mighty attitude last.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join