It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For anyone who thinks non-believers are going to hell

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

It's a polytheistic religion, even if it has evolved to be understood as something different.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

It's a polytheistic religion, even if it has evolved to be understood as something different.

Sorry, but you are incorrect.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Hmmm...we'll agree to disagree, as there's equal amounts of evidence to go either way.

Best regards...I'm stepping out of the conversation now.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I tend to believe Earth is hell. Just look around.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: scorpio84

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Hint: If you are not familiar with the term Q source, you could not begin to start a debate with me on Christian theology. So, here's a challenge - convince me that God is real and I will become a believer.

pretty sure this is the same challenge as debating theism, and pretty sure your ability to know about a hypothetical document doesn't make you an expert on Christian theology.

No, a lot of other factors make me an expert. That was just a baseline example. The real question is...did I know Quelle (the "Q") means "source" b/c I studied theology or b/c I studied German?

So you are an expert in theology? How long have you been studying and who taught you?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

I wouldn't claim to be an "expert" - I did study Theology rather intensely for several years, so I think I have a solid knowledge in that field (I'm also pretty good at German grammar).

I challenge you to a debate on God (I could start a thread) and others may comment and judge. If you accept, I'll create the thread.

Please do so.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I'll let others decide "expert" status. As for who taught me - I don't know you well enough yet to give out personal information. Regarding the debate - it is in the works (I hope). I brought it up with the staff and maybe they'll allow it in the debate section.

This : "a lot of other factors make me an expert" was more a retort than claiming expertise - but I will claim, at the very least, more knowledge in the subject than the average person.

I am done studying, however. Unfortunately, theology does not really pay the bills very well. Do you have any points of contention?

i will say one thing - nothing I learned ever came from William Lane Craig.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

I didn't study theology to come out with zero knowledge on the subject. Test me.

I don't have to

You failed thinking Christianity is about theology

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I didn't study theology to come out with zero knowledge on the subject. Test me.

I don't have to

You failed thinking Christianity is about theology

Perhaps dogma would be a better word?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Coming from a person such as yourself Ak
I find that highly amusing

a reply to: Akragon

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

personal attacks get you nowhere with me bro

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You kinda seem like a little kid who just heard about logical fallacies and decide to use them in debate without actually knowing how to prove them to be said fallacy.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Go read the majority of posts

Maybe I should have been a tad gentler, we all often put dogma before love

That's what makes fundies, my bad

edit on 2-12-2015 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Seede I'm sorry, I missed the reason for believing. Something about letting your imaginary friend think for you, was it?

You need not be sorry. You have shown that you have missed quite a bit in life. Would take too much of my time to show you how you constantly contradict yourself just in this thread alone. The first thing an expert realizes is to not talk down to other people. Talking down to people does show your desire to show others your intelligence but is very distasteful to most people. My opinion is that you need to learn from people such as ServantOfTheLamb.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

a reply to: Seede I'm sorry, I missed the reason for believing. Something about letting your imaginary friend think for you, was it?

You need not be sorry. You have shown that you have missed quite a bit in life. Would take too much of my time to show you how you constantly contradict yourself just in this thread alone. The first thing an expert realizes is to not talk down to other people. Talking down to people does show your desire to show others your intelligence but is very distasteful to most people. My opinion is that you need to learn from people such as ServantOfTheLamb.

If I'm being condescending, then I am learning from Servant0fTheLamb. There are a lot of concerns in the world - being PC is not one of mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join