It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Dear is a Christian Terrorist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I'd personally be embarrassed to quote the likes of Paul Joseph Watson. The guy is a flat out liar.

See: Debunking some Infowars BS

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
this is a dude that told neighbors he installed a metal roof to prevent the govt from beaming mind control signals into his head. he also said the govt was using grammar to control people's thoughts. in short he was as crazy as a june bug. he would have fit in perfectly in some of the subforums of this site. That hardly makes him a christian terrorist.

I haven't read much into this guy, but that's crazy... I guess liberals will use any tragedy they can to pin some type of religious terrorism on a white guy that didn't fit the lifestyle of their utopia. Unreal.

You're talking like someone brainwashed by Right Wing media. Not only are those over-used talking points and rhetoric, it's complete nonsense.

So I assume, then, that you've got proof this guy is a Conservative Christian? Never once have I seen that term used on a murderer that is a minority. I'm sure you can shed some light for me though, so that you're not completely wrong. Amirite?

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: stormbringer1701

This is all new to me considering that I wasn't aware of an 8th day of creation. The Bible I've always read only mentions 7. It's also curious that you are able to get all this information out of such a small account of what happened during those days of creation.

I'm glad you've found a way to continue to rationalize your faith in the face of logic that makes the Genesis account contradictory, but you aren't doing anything to show me any differently. I see the contradictions and I don't need to rationalize them away, because I don't have a need to believe the Bible is true.
God took a sabbath in the chapter two version of the creation narrative.

the point at large is in chapter one the ADM in question is "ha ADM" and the Adam in the second Chapter is "ha eth ADM" "Eth" is a personal article. that personal article is missing from chapter one's adam.

BTW the verse that say there will blood on the moon? ADM again. which can mean a man on the moon rather than literal blood.

link   
Amazing how these threads always come back to evil liberals and progressives with a nice dose of Christian victim hood on the side. You couldn't make it up.

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Fair enough.

Bill Ayers, a known terrorist, represents typical liberalism.

*drops mic*

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

God took the sabbath on day 7, not 8. Though I'm still not sure what you are trying to convince me of. I get it, you have an interpretation of the bible that works for you. Awesome, but you aren't going to convince me that it is the correct interpretation of it. After all there are literally as many interpretations of the bible as there are Christians. What makes your interpretation more correct than anyone else's? Especially with you inventing an extra day of creation.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Ah yes, the "Rhetoric"

Let's hear your solutions, maybe with "hate speech" laws against groups you disagree with?

Hate speech laws would put MSNBC and many other liberal news outlets out of business.

That is true. It would also put the entire Right Wing media out of business. Do you care to address that as well, or is this supposed to be a thread for the butt-hurt, drama queen Right Wingers to cry while they play the victim card?

Well I'll be... I didn't know defending your brand was playing the victim... I'm fairly certain that left wingers have that victim card play down to a tee. Hell... Sharpton, Jackson, Holder, obama, and BLM have been writing the book on how to be a victim.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408 so blame everyone else apart from the perpetrator. Some would call that sympathising with terrorism. No wonder the worlds in such a mess.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: LSU0408

You do realize that it's not politically incorrect to call a Christian a terrorist, right? You're falling right into your PC political arms by doing so, and it's your side that set the bar so low. You've already cowered, and can't even see it. Pathetic.

Sure it is and that's why I'm being accused of attacking Christianity by several posters in this thread who are apparently so easily offended and eager to label themselves victims that they can't tolerate a person speaking out against extremism. You're so caught up in your own flavor of PC that you can't even allow yourself enough objectivity to see that you're doing your level best to enforce it.

Your reverse psychology doesn't work. Sorry man. Nobody is playing the Christian victim, and nobody on the right is being politically correct, especially me. Try again. You just keep on not cowering, k?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

That quote is far from lies. Here, I'll quote it again:

Homosexuality, women's rights, secular democracy vs theocracy.
Why are liberals only comfortable in opposing the extreme right, and not Islam, when it comes to these values? - Paul Joseph Watson

So instead of actually reading what it says, you try to discredit the messenger. Talk about burying your head in the sand.

Is Islam against gay rights? Check
Does Islam have unfair women rights ? Check
Is Islam a theocracy? Double check

Compatible with Western Values? -- blank stare face.
Incompatible with Liberals? -Hellz ya

Liberals defending Islam is sooo beyond hypocritical it hurts. You're all a bunch of posers. Cancel Yoga!! it's cultural appropriation. But lets' let defend head choppers because it's hurtful to express our disdain for a fascist ideology. Awe, lets make "hug a nazi" a national holiday now.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

God took the sabbath on day 7, not 8. Though I'm still not sure what you are trying to convince me of. I get it, you have an interpretation of the bible that works for you. Awesome, but you aren't going to convince me that it is the correct interpretation of it. After all there are literally as many interpretations of the bible as there are Christians. What makes your interpretation more correct than anyone else's? Especially with you inventing an extra day of creation.

yup his sabbath was on the seventh day. you are right but you did not read far enough. you got this far:

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
but you did not go all the way to:

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

he didn't do this on the seventh day. it came after God's sabbath on the seventh day.

Now you see that this appears to contradict genesis chapter one. itt's ok. most Christians and many pastors never seem to get this either and you think they of all people would. But most bible reader's eyes glaze over in one or two verses if it's any more complicated than "Jesus wept." but reading deeper one finds that the adam in chapter one is treated differently in the original language from this adam in chapter 2. ha adam versus ha eth adam.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Fromabove

What the hell does Islam have to do with this?

Nothing.

It's irrelevant and off topic.

Stop trying to muddy the waters.

I thought it had to do with "Christian terrorism." So now that it's not to your benefit, it's no longer fun to use it?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Is that right there not enough proof that there were early signs of this man's insanity? Seriously - hurricanes and AIDS equal the end times??? This man is insane!

I don't disagree with you AT ALL. That sounds really insane doesn't it and yet, it's the message of a number of very influential evangelists. I'll refer you to my my post here.

Jerry Falwell & Pat Robertson commenting on 9/11:

JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.

Here's some other examples of exactly this sort of extremist rhetoric coming out the mouths of influential religious leaders and politicians:

Chri stian Today - No, Michele Bachmann, God does not cause natural disasters because of shifts in foreign policy

Though she's no longer in Congress, Bachmann has never gone away. Last weekend she made waves in a radio interview with Jan Markell in which she warned that "our nation and the people of our nation will reap a whirlwind, and we could see economic disasters, natural disasters", because of what she said was President Obama's Israel policy: "If we actually turn our back on Israel, as we are seeing Barack Obama do today, if that happens, then I think we will see a scale and a level of pushback in the United States, and negative consequences. I don't know what they are, but I believe that the Bible is true."

But just how odd is the view that God deliberately sends natural disasters on the world as a punishment for sin? If we're judging it by frequency, the answer has to be, not odd enough. It's a belief often associated with right-wing American evangelicals. Hurricane Katrina in 2005, for instance, which destroyed large parts of New Orleans, was linked by the fundamentalist preacher John Hagee to a gay pride event, Southern Decadence Day, which was planned for the town's French Quarter a few days after the hurricane hit. "I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God, and they are — were — recipients of the judgment of God for that," he said the following year.

Evangelist Pat Robertson has also made connections between disasters and human sin. In the January 5, 2006 edition of his show The 700 Club, he said that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke and Sharon's predecessor Yitzhak Rabin's assassination were God's judgment on them for making concessions to the Palestinians. "I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations or United States of America. God said, 'This land belongs to me, you better leave it alone.'"

In the wake of the 2010 Haitian earthquake, Robertson also blamed the country's problems on its alleged 'pact with the devil' in its war of liberation from France.

It's not just US evangelicals, however. After devastating floods in the UK in 2007, the then Bishop of Carlisle, Rt Rev Graham Dow, related the catastrophe to the Government's introduction of greater rights for gay people, which he said were "part of a general scene of permissiveness": "We are in a situation where we are liable for God's judgment, which is intended to call us to repentance." Last year UKIP councillor David Sylvester was suspended from the party after he also blamed floods on gay marriage. And even today, there are still Christian pastors like Rick Scarborough who believe that HIV/Aids is "God's judgment for an immoral act" (a 2013 survey found that 14 per cent of Americans agreed with him).

Examples from the last month or so:

Pat Robetson - 11/2 on 700 Club

“Now it’s a constitutional right for sodomites to marry each other,” he lamented, warning that “the wrath of God is revealed against this stuff.” He explained: “I don’t want the wrath of God to hit this country, it’s a great country, I’d like to see America continue strong, but this is one way of weakening it. First of all, we’re going to have this financial collapse. We’re setting up for a massive financial collapse and I think if God is going to hurt this country that’s probably the way he’d do it.”

Carl Gallps - 10/23 in an interview with "news site" WND

In an interview with WorldNetDaily last week, End Times author Carl Gallups said that conservative Christians in America are facing horrendous persecution, warning that simple jokes will put America on the path of Nazi Germany, but this time with a genocide targeting Christians.

“Every nation that has eventually and finally either enslaved its people or Nazi Germany, just eliminated and exterminated whole sections of the undesirable populations, they didn’t begin with gun control, they began with a marginalization of that population, lampooning, lambasting [and] making fun of.” He added that the entertainment industry and public schools, which he referred to as “government reeducation camps,” were contributing to anti-Christian bias in America.

Kevin Swanson - 11/20 on Generations Radio

This led Swanson to talk about a LGBT conference sponsored by The Economist, lamenting that the magazine wants “to be that edgy, progressive organization that promotes the homosexuality in the business world and the very thing that will destroy nations. People don’t believe that, that homosexuality will be the catalyst by which nations are destroyed, because they don’t believe that God exists and they don’t believe God is judge and they don’t believe that God has the right to determine right and wrong, good and evil as he does in the word of God.”

These aren't lone nutters.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Robert Dear is a Christian Terrorist

The left sure is working over time.

What's next ?

A Gitmo for anyone that disagrees with what PP does ?

We gonna have the FBI spying on churchs now ?

As a 'Christian terrorists' that abhores what PP does I want to know when the US government is going to start arming me with machine guns,grenades, and rocket launchers.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Just call yourself a Syrian refugee. The US will apologize and buy you a house.

hahahahahaha

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Wow... 3 divorces?
What denomination tolerates that kind of tomfoolery? That fact alone demonstrates he wasn't right with God.

Try telling that to an anti-Christian... Christians all over America denounce these types of people, but we're easy targets because we're the adults that don't argue back. Then when we do, we get called hateful, unChristian, etc etc...

Oh, poor little guy. Are you a victim? Does it hurt your feweeings that someone doesn't fall for your logical fallacies and side-stepping?

It's funny how people are quick to change the definition of something when it suits their needs.

What the heck is a feweeing?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The hypocrisy is so freggin thick right now one can cut it with a knife.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Yeah whatever. Here's a quote I found and I decided to keep it.

Homosexuality, women's rights, secular democracy vs theocracy.
Why are liberals only comfortable in opposing the extreme right, and not Islam, when it comes to these values? - Paul Joseph Watson

When radical Islam becomes a problem in the US and they have an entire media machine designed to spread their propaganda, then we will take notice. Until then, all these people are doing is trying to take the attention off of them and force it on to Islam.

Pathetic.

Says the whiner crying about everyone else playing the victim... Such irony.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yeah people.

The younger Mr. Dear was raised as a Baptist, Ms. Ross said in an interview in Goose Creek, S.C., where she now lives. He was religious but not a regular churchgoer, a believer but not one to harp on religion. “He believed wholeheartedly in the Bible,” she said. “That’s what he always said; he read it cover to cover to cover.” But he was not fixated on it, she added.

He was generally conservative, but not obsessed with politics. He kept guns around the house for personal protection and hunting, and he taught their son to hunt doves, as many Southern fathers do. He believed that abortion was wrong, but it was not something that he spoke about much. “It was never really a topic of discussion,” she said

www.nytimes.com...

What the hell ever.

edit on 1-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

ATTENTION

The snarky posts, insults and off topic discussions stop NOW!

This thread is being watch and is very close to being shut down.

Anymore snarky posts, or taking pot shots at each other will result in post removals and post bans will be handed out.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 12/1/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join