It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Dear is a Christian Terrorist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
this is a dude that told neighbors he installed a metal roof to prevent the govt from beaming mind control signals into his head. he also said the govt was using grammar to control people's thoughts. in short he was as crazy as a june bug. he would have fit in perfectly in some of the subforums of this site. That hardly makes him a christian terrorist.

I haven't read much into this guy, but that's crazy... I guess liberals will use any tragedy they can to pin some type of religious terrorism on a white guy that didn't fit the lifestyle of their utopia. Unreal.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I've always said "white or right" will earn you the terrorist brand, and being a racist comes standard.

I'm white and have never been branded a terrorist or a racist. That sort of mindset comes from people that wish to play the emotional victim because at some point their actions or beliefs have been deemed inappropriate or "a bit off" when living in a civilized society.

I can't help but notice that most people in this thread have completely missed what the real issue is here. It's not about Christians, conservatives, pro-life or pro-constitution (which is laughable in and of itself, considering most people that call themselves constitutionalists have no basic knowledge of the document). It's about what your propaganda is doing to people that claim to be Christian, etc.

All the things listed above are fine by themselves, but if you pump people full of the hateful, ignorant Right Wing propaganda, it's only a matter of time before something like this happens.

If the Right Wing, pro-life, pro-constitution, Christians want me to believe that they are the people they say they are and believe as they say they believe, then they need to start denouncing their media sources. Hold FoxNews, WND, Breitbart, talk radio and the rest accountable for spreading hate and brainwashing people.

If they cannot do that simple thing, I have no choice but to believe they are brainwashed as well and agree with the garbage they peddle.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
this is a dude that told neighbors he installed a metal roof to prevent the govt from beaming mind control signals into his head. he also said the govt was using grammar to control people's thoughts. in short he was as crazy as a june bug. he would have fit in perfectly in some of the subforums of this site. That hardly makes him a christian terrorist.

I haven't read much into this guy, but that's crazy... I guess liberals will use any tragedy they can to pin some type of religious terrorism on a white guy that didn't fit the lifestyle of their utopia. Unreal.

You're talking like someone brainwashed by Right Wing media. Not only are those over-used talking points and rhetoric, it's complete nonsense.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Jobeycool

a reply to: reluctantpawn

That's an interesting cop-out you got going on there. Employ a No True Scotsman Fallacy so that you don't have to admit that Christian terrorists can be just as evil as Muslim terrorists.
This is not true if you actualy take the time to read the entire Quran and entire Bible and understand the huge difference when Jesus Christ taught about the new covenant.

Have you actually read the entire Quran? Though none of what you said here changes the fact that this argument is still a No True Scotsman fallacy.
"abrogation." I think you should read about it in context of islamic theology.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Wookiep
It seems there are a lot of seething 'liberals' foaming at the mouth, waiting for any incident to give an opprotunity to slam white christians, especially 'right wing' ones, its almost like some sick obsession.

I see it everyday, not just here on ats. Its like millions of Americans would love to see any white conservative, especially white christian conservatives either tried as terrorists or given the death penalty. It's hard to see, with all their hate which one they would prefer. # is going crazy around here latetly.

These are the same people who preach against 'hate' everyday, but have zero capacity to look inside and see their very own incredible hatred toward fellow human beings.

Meanwhile, these same people, many atheists, almost make some type of life goal to defend muslims..when we quite literally see countless deaths and acts of terrorism daily from people who are proclaimed muslins, every damn day. But still they cant stop spewing their vitriol toward anything and everything 'christian' because ALL christians are evil white, ring wing vile people.

I dunno what the hell is going on, there is a serious explosion of hate lately, and from where im sitting, it all seems to be coming from the left, and trendy millenials who just want to seem cool to be a part of something.

God, i hope this all ends soon.

Ding, ding, ding.

You win the award for outstanding perception of Progressive policy today.

I doubt it will end anytime soon. I believe their insane hatred is intense, driven, and constantly directed. It will only end once they have eradicated their perceived political enemies and effectively shut everyone up who disagrees with them.

It's ironic, they fit the definition of a bigot like a glove, yet are always so quick to point their ugly little sausage fingers at everyone else and call them a bigot.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I'm not sure what this has to do with my post you quoted. You need to elaborate more on what you mean. What does abrogation have to do with the person I was talking to having actually read the Quran or that saying that someone isn't a Christian because he does something unChristian in nature isn't a no true scotsman fallacy?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It seems the the OP has a dislike for Christians. Anyway, the shooter was a nut job no matter what he thought he was. Saying you are something but then never living according to it's standards does not make you what you claim to be.

The difference between a nut job and an Radical Islamic Terrorist is that what he does is actually written in the book he follows. It says to hate the infidel and the Christian and the Jew. To kill them and terrorize them. To deceive them, and to lie to them. It says to do all that, so they do.

If someone calls themselves a Christian and then does this, he cannot actually be a Christian, even if he claims to be one. He contradicts everything it means to be Christian.

Note; If you plan to defend yourself by going back to early times when the average person knew little or nothing of the Bible and what it said, that would not be an argument. And even the leaders of their day were not really Christian if they were evil. Many pretended to be Christian for power such as in medieval Europe. They were not Christian even thought they claimed to be so. To be a Christian you have to believe in Christ and follow and do what he taught; nothing else.

edit on 1-12-2015 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: infolurker

Did they say was caused or may have been caused? Is it speculation or claiming as fact? Got any examples? Or is this hyperbole and rhetoric?

ETA: Would love to see a video of a screaming progressive too.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I'm not sure what this has to do with my post you quoted. You need to elaborate more on what you mean. What does abrogation have to do with the person I was talking to having actually read the Quran or that saying that someone isn't a Christian because he does something unChristian in nature isn't a no true scotsman fallacy?
the islamic concept of abrogation is simply that when suryas of the koran conflict the later suryas supercede the earlier ones. In the earlier parts of the koran (written when Mohammed thought that Jews and Christians would convert peaceably) were the more pacifistic in dealing with the "people of the book." Later on when he found that this would not happen the later suryas started urging murder and war in conflict with the earlier writings. This meant that the koran contradicted itself. So islamic scholars and leaders conceived the concept of abrogation.

www.meforum.org...

understanding this then one can see why jihadists think they are perfectly justified by the Koran to do what they do. which mean muslims that say that islam is a religion of peace based on peaceful verses of earlier written inception are either unaware of how they are supposed to interpret the suryas according to their own religion's theological construction and authorities or are aware an unwilling to say so.
edit on 1-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove
It seems the the OP has a dislike for Christians. Anyway, the shooter was a nut job no matter what he thought he was. Saying you are something but then never living according to it's standards does not make you what you claim to be.

Gee. I wish that same rhetoric could apply to Muslims...

The difference between a nut job and an Radical Islamic Terrorist is that what he does is actually written in the book he follows. It says to hate the infidel and the Christian and the Jew. To kill them and terrorize them. To deceive them, and to lie to them. It says to do all that, so they do.

Nope. Guess not...

If someone calls themselves a Christian and then does this, he cannot actually be a Christian, even if he claims to be one. He contradicts everything it means to be Christian.

No True Scotsman Fallacy

Note; If you plan to defend yourself by going back to early times when the average person knew little or nothing of the Bible and what it said, that would not be an argument. And even the leaders of their day were not really Christian if they were evil. Many pretended to be Christian for power such as in medieval Europe. They were not Christian even thought they claimed to be so. To be a Christian you have to believe in Christ and follow and do what he taught; nothing else.

Wow you have a lot of disclaimers and exceptions for your argument. Many would call that cognitive dissonance.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

So what does any of that have to do with the post you quoted? The bible is often contradictory too, yet many don't have a problem worshiping that as well.

Though I find it amazing that people who aren't Muslims have the audacity to tell Muslims what they should and shouldn't believe.
edit on 1-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

Ah yes, the "Rhetoric"

Let's hear your solutions, maybe with "hate speech" laws against groups you disagree with?

Hate speech laws would put MSNBC and many other liberal news outlets out of business.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Fromabove

Do you see what you did there?

You simplified Islam so that it is easier to blame and defined Christianity in such a convoluted way as to make it difficult to apply the actions of Christian extremists to Christianity.

Do you think we all stupid and can't see how ignorant that post is?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

a reply to: theantediluvian

Ah yes, the "Rhetoric"

Let's hear your solutions, maybe with "hate speech" laws against groups you disagree with?

Hate speech laws would put MSNBC and many other liberal news outlets out of business.

That is true. It would also put the entire Right Wing media out of business. Do you care to address that as well, or is this supposed to be a thread for the butt-hurt, drama queen Right Wingers to cry while they play the victim card?

edit on 1-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Disclaimer: 1. Anyone claiming to be a doctor having never been taught or schooled in the practice of such is an impostor and cannot be said to be a doctor. 2. being in an auto repair shop does not make you an auto mechanic repair man.

You have to read the Quran and understand abrogation to see that all the hate and death are commands not requests.

Hope that clears it up. If not, I leave you to your imagination.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Christians accept the Old Testament as a history book. Christianity comes into effect when Jesus died on the cross.
If you people want to continue to pretend otherwise, have some more Kool-Aid. I know how you love it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Disclaimer: 1. Anyone claiming to be a doctor having never been taught or schooled in the practice of such is an impostor and cannot be said to be a doctor. 2. being in an auto repair shop does not make you an auto mechanic repair man.

Both of those PROFESSIONS require strict training. Your example is moot here because we are talking about religions not professions...

You have to read the Quran and understand abrogation to see that all the hate and death are commands not requests.

Hope that clears it up. If not, I leave you to your imagination.

No it doesn't clear it up. It just explains how you have cognitive dissonance so you can demonize one religion while giving your own religion a pass. It's pretty damn obvious to anyone paying attention. I mean, how often do you talk to Christians who discard things from their Bible because they are inconvenient? Yet somehow Muslims aren't allowed to do this. Apparently Muslims can't have denominations in their religion like Christians can...

link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Fromabove

Do you see what you did there?

You simplified Islam so that it is easier to blame and defined Christianity in such a convoluted way as to make it difficult to apply the actions of Christian extremists to Christianity.

Do you think we all stupid and can't see how ignorant that post is?

No, but I would rather people understood the difference between someone calling themselves Christian but NEVER obeying the commands of the Bible as opposed to someone killing, raping, and destroying as direct obedience to the of the book they obey, the Quran. There is a difference.

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You do realize that it's not politically incorrect to call a Christian a terrorist, right? You're falling right into your PC political arms by doing so, and it's your side that set the bar so low. You've already cowered, and can't even see it. Pathetic.

Sure it is and that's why I'm being accused of attacking Christianity by several posters in this thread who are apparently so easily offended and eager to label themselves victims that they can't tolerate a person speaking out against extremism. You're so caught up in your own flavor of PC that you can't even allow yourself enough objectivity to see that you're doing your level best to enforce it.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

So what does any of that have to do with the post you quoted? The bible is often contradictory too, yet many don't have a problem worshiping that as well.
i have seen these lists of contradictions. most aren't contraditctions at all but matters of improper translation or unfamiliarity with extinct usage. For example you can say that genesis contradicts itself on the "day" on which Adams was created from chapter one of Genesis to the very next chapter. That contradiction exists only in the english translation and has to do with improper reliance on transliteration and ignorance of hebrew grammatic structure and modifiers. there at least a critic has good reason to criticize the apparent contradiction. but critics are so eager to catalog "contradictions" that The will accuse Jesus of contradicting the torah when he advises that you must hate your parents which is merely down to usage. hate in the proper context means to love less. the contradiciton is thus imaginary. That is not to say that there aren't contradictions that may be real such as when various books of the four gospels give different locations for various of Jesus' sermons.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join