It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Dear is a Christian Terrorist

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This entire thread, and the media portrayal of Dear has been dishonest from the get go.

Media Rushes To Blame Christians, Republicans For Planned Parenthood Shooting

It was being written as it happened.

I wish people would make up their minds.

First they say corporate media can't be trusted.

Then when ever it fits the LEFTS agenda.

It's the snippin GOSPEL.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

That was my point, I wasn't stereotyping, not sure how you would garner that out of what I said.
My point that flip the script and this guy had been muslim we would all be talking about how he is terrorist and how it would be naive to think of it as otherwise.

We won't talk about how it isn't the 'true' islam or anything thing like that.

What makes him a Christian? And what makes him a terrorist? What were his political aims? And what doesn't make the ones screaming allah akbar, just before they kill several people, a terrorist?

Looks to me like he was a crazy murderer.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: neo96

It's obvious there is an agenda being pushed here.

Yes, it's one of ignorance.

If there was an active propaganda machine that spewed Leftist hatred and it drove deluded, brainwashed Leftists to commit acts of violence, many people such as myself would be fighting against that machine to stop what they are doing. But that doesn't exist.

When a potential Right Winger commits acts of violence, instead of being introspective and looking to see if their own propaganda may have played a role, they blame the Leftists.

It's hypocrisy, ignorance and a whole lot of dishonesty wrapped in to one big package.

What even more humorous is that the tactic we see being used by the Right in this case is equal to kindergarten playground tactics. "I know you are, but what am I" is how they have decided to deal with this situation.

Your obsession with the right is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Watch Megyn Kelly Tear Apart Media for Biased Reporting On Planned Parenthood Shooting

edit on 1-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

More like you chide all of us leaving yourself out as if you don't also consume "dangerous" propaganda in your own right which "could" lead to mass shooting events.

In other words, admit it, you wrote an accusatory post that is every bit as bad as it reads.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
meh, actually now that i think about it, this doesn't fit my theories on mental illness and terrorism. It fits the my theory that mental illness could be spread person to person, creating a massive amount of terrorists.... BC obviously someone influenced this guy whether it was main stream media or another source, but Dear doesn't even fit the definition of a terrorism.

In its broadest sense, terrorism is any act designed to cause terror.[1] In a narrower sense, terrorism can be understood to feature a political objective. The word terrorism is politically loaded and emotionally charged.[2]

A broad array of political organizations have practiced terrorism to further their objectives. It has been practiced by both right-wing and left-wing political parties, nationalist groups, religious groups, revolutionaries, and ruling governments.[3] The symbolism of terrorism can exploit human fear to help achieve these goals.

Unless Dear was working for those pesky lizard men, then he isn't a terrorist, just someone who is mentally ill. And even though every crime spreads fear, you cant just call every crime a terrorist act. I'm thinking the dictionary might have to be my faiths backup in Babylon now bc no ones seems to use dictionaries anymore, even professional writers cant seem to stick to simple definitions anymore. DICTIONARIES PEOPLE! USE THEM!

ATS Can we get an official ATS Wiki going? Id like to see how many words and phrases have 2 meanings according to the posters here.

Also maybe ATS mods don't agree hes a terrorist either, bc if hes really a terrorist than this thread should be in the War On Terrorism section.
edit on 1-12-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FriedBabelBroccoli
Well as of about 30 minutes ago the NYTimes has released some anonymous statements made by those who know Dear.

For Robert Dear, Religion and Rage Before Planned Parenthood Attack

Evidence is now coming to light, providing support the raging accusations spewing from the mouths of several keyboard warriors here, that Dear has a high likelihood of being politically motivated. In the past he expressed support for violence against abortion providers and "sinners."

A number of people who knew Mr. Dear said he was a staunch abortion opponent, though another ex-wife, Pamela Ross, said that he did not obsess on the subject. After his arrest, Mr. Dear said “no more baby parts” to investigators, a law enforcement official said.

One person who spoke with him extensively about his religious views said Mr. Dear, who is 57, had praised people who attacked abortion providers, saying they were doing “God’s work.” In 2009, said the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity out of concerns for the privacy of the family, Mr. Dear described as “heroes” members of the Army of God, a loosely organized group of anti-abortion extremists that has claimed responsibility for a number of killings and bombings.

Investigators have only just begun to interview Mr. Dear’s relatives and acquaintances, and are still searching the Internet for his writings. Public information about his early years is limited.

Now would be a more proper time for such threads to come out denouncing the man as a terrorist.

Unfortunately it seems the political pundits do not care for any evidence and rather just yell at each other and call each other names.

-FBB

So it appears that if the MSM can label this guy a right winger, a Christian, and a terrorist, they suddenly forget about guns... Looks like they've found a new toy to play with. One that is shinier than the gun one. LOL @ The NY Times

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: Stormdancer777

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus didn't say those words. Third person did. There is no proof he said that.

Do you have a point? Get your laughs in while you still can.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is mentioned nowhere in Qur'an about the number of virgins the Righteous will get.

But it is clearly stated repeatedly in Quran about the "We shall join them to Companions, with beautiful big and lustrous eyes"(houris).

Below are some of the verses from Qur'an:

Quran 52:17-21:
As to the Righteous, they will be in Gardens, and in Happiness,- enjoying the (Bliss) which their Lord hath bestowed on them, and their Lord shall deliver them from the Penalty of the Fire. (To them will be said) "Eat and drink ye, with profit and health, because of your (good) deeds." They will recline (with ease) on Thrones (of dignity) arranged in ranks; and We shall join them to Companions, with beautiful big and lustrous eyes. And those who believe and whose families follow them in Faith,- to them shall We join their families: Nor shall We deprive them (of the fruit) of aught of their works: (Yet) is each individual in pledge for his deeds.

Here is the verse which states that they are virgins(verse 56 & 74).
Quran 55:
55: 46 : But for such as fear the time when they will stand before (the Judgment Seat of) their Lord, there will be two Gardens-
55: 48: Containing all kinds (of trees and delights);-
55:50: In them (each) will be two Springs flowing (free);
55: 52: In them will be Fruits of every kind, two and two.
55: 54: They will recline on Carpets, whose inner linings will be of rich brocade: the Fruit of the Gardens will be near (and easy of reach).
55: 56: In them will be (Maidens), chaste, restraining their glances, whom no man or Jinn before them has touched;-
55: 58: Like unto Rubies and coral.
55: 62: And besides these two, there are two other Gardens,-
55: 64: Dark-green in colour (from plentiful watering).
55: 66: In them (each) will be two Springs pouring forth water in continuous abundance:
55: 68: In them will be Fruits, and dates and pomegranates:
55: 70: In them will be fair (Companions), good, beautiful;-
55: 72: Companions restrained (as to their glances), in (goodly) pavilions;-
55: 74: Whom no man or Jinn before them has touched;-
55: 76: Reclining on green Cushions and rich Carpets of beauty.

Here is another mention of viginity:

Quran 56:28-37:
(They will be) among Lote-trees without thorns, Among Talh trees with flowers (or fruits) piled one above another,- In shade long-extended, By water flowing constantly, And fruit in abundance. Whose season is not limited, nor (supply) forbidden, And on Thrones (of Dignity), raised high. We have created (their Companions) of special creation. And made them virgin - pure (and undefiled), - Beloved (by nature), equal in age,-

Some other verses:
Quran 78:33:
And voluptuous women of equal age;

Quran 37:48-49:
And with them shall be those who restrain the eyes, having beautiful eyes; As if they were eggs carefully protected.

Those who die for the "just" cause of Islam will surely be "righteous" and hence get their reward (virgins with big and lustrous eyes...among other things) is not entirely a hoax/myth. Just not sure where the 72 came from.
edit on 12 1 1515 by amberinsc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

The only people who believe christians are terrorists are LEFT WING EXTREMISTS.

They really don't believe that,they just use it to push an agenda

Oh yeah.

They took their cue from this guy:

After all mass shootings is something we should 'politicize'.

Obvious agenda is obvious.

Well of course not to the 'true believers' waging their 'holy crusade' against the right.

Ironically, I haven't seen a word about guns in the hands of crazy people this time around... It's been all about Conservative Christian right wing terrorists. The hypocrisy is laughable.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

So it appears that if the MSM can label this guy a right winger, a Christian, and a terrorist, they suddenly forget about guns... Looks like they've found a new toy to play with. One that is shinier than the gun one. LOL @ The NY Times

The reason is they want to change the cycle from the epic failures with Russia, and Syria/ISIS to basically.

'Republicans'.

Which is why they are hyping the PP shooting.

Smoke and mirrors.

link   

I don't know for a fact he was Christian, but more is pointing to him being one then not.
www.nytimes.com...
Which I am sure we will get into him not being a 'true' christian.

And what makes him a terrorist

It isn't just political, it can be ideological gain as well. I don't think it is a closed case on him being a terrorist quite yet, but if it is confirmed he targeted PP over the recent 'scandal' they have been going through and his comment of no more baby parts is correct not sure how you can say anything other.

And what doesn't make the ones screaming allah akbar, just before they kill several people, a terrorist?

Not much, but it would make both cases an act of terror so what is your point there?

Are Muslims allowed to start the "well that person wasn't a true muslim so it can't be seen as a case of radical islam" line of thought like we see with this guy and not being a 'true' christian?

edit on stTue, 01 Dec 2015 15:26:17 -0600America/Chicago1220151780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

link   

Sure is.

Keep spinning that propaganda.

The only thing I have said is that if this man does turn out to be a Right Wing nut, we need to have a discussion about the propaganda they spread that may lead to events like this.

And what if he's a left wing nut? Or an apolitical nut?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
ok an opinion piece.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Sure is.

The only thing I have said is that if this man does turn out to be a Right Wing nut, we need to have a discussion about the propaganda they spread that may lead to events like this.

If hes left wing this post will slowly exit the front page of ATS lol never to be seen again lol

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I don't think the guy is as much a religious zealot as he is just a whack job, truthfully.

A lot of schizophrenics have religiosity as a symptom. That's a lot different than sawing people's heads off for Allah when you're in your right mind.

What allows you to determine if they are in their "right mind"?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

There is neither an academic nor an accurate legal consensus regarding the definition of terrorism

In the meantime, the international community adopted a series of sectoral conventions that define and criminalize various types of terrorist activities. In addition, since 1994, the United Nations General Assembly has condemned terrorist acts using the following political description of terrorism: "Criminal acts intended or calculated to provoke a state of terror in the general public, a group of persons or particular persons for political purposes are in any circumstance unjustifiable, whatever the considerations of a political, philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic, religious or any other nature that may be invoked to justify them."[6]

From the same wiki you got your def.
It is not black and white with only political gain, though you could argue this attack has political gain to it.
PP is very hot political hot button right now.

Terrorism is trying to use fear to coerce people through violence, this guy obviously didn't like PP and decided to kill the people to stop them from what they were doing.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Sure is.

Then we accept it and respond accordingly. I'm not above holding "my side" accountable as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Ironically, I haven't seen a word about guns in the hands of crazy people this time around... It's been all about Conservative Christian right wing terrorists. The hypocrisy is laughable.

I have.

Mr. Sensitivity: At Paris News Conference, Obama Says Mass Shootings Only Happen In America

Obama pushes for gun control after Planned Parenthood shooting

16 Times Obama Shamelessly Exploited Tragedy to Push Gun Control

The biggest reason they are pushing 'christian terrorists' is because they saw what they could accomplish with Islamic terrorism.

Gave us the Patriot Act, the NDAA and bigger government spying.

With Christian terrorists they get to finish the game with what they always wanted.

A populace disarmed.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

this topic is a blatant attempt to silence the opinions and speech of the opposition by shaming us into silence and tarring and feathering us.

I can't speak for others, but I am not trying to do anything of the sort. I want you guys to recognize that the propaganda you expose yourselves to is dangerous and could lead to events such as in Colorado.

If you guys would simply recognize that and be honest in our discussions, the entire tone would change. But instead people are sticking their heads in the sand, refusing to address the possibilities and are changing the subject to Leftists or Muslims.

In fact, even the source you just provided couldn't articulate his point without discussing the Left and Muslims.

Lawd have murseh! Do you ever go an hour without looking for a reason to blame the right wing media? Your obsession has become downright creepy dude. Thanks for letting us know what COULD happen IF this guy turns out to be a "right winger." Fortunately for you, us "right wingers" are competent and we think for ourselves and are able to make our own decisions without having our strings pulled, so I assure you that none of this propaganda you are so afraid of is going to have an effect on any of us. That's one of the biggest differences between Conservatives and liberals. We aren't puppets, we don't need other people thinking for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join