It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Dear is a Christian Terrorist

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: LSU0408 so blame everyone else apart from the perpetrator. Some would call that sympathising with terrorism. No wonder the worlds in such a mess.

edit on 1-12-2015 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm well aware that there are insane/extremist Christians and I know who Pat Robertson is.

I'm not saying there are no extremists in Christianity.

I posit that Dear is obviously a very progressed alcoholic that lost his $hi#. I simply do not believe there is a movement of Christian terrorism.

It is my opinion that the biggest threat of violence comes from our governments in the West. I believe the media successfully uses religion to keep us all in fear. Most Christians are silent members of our communities who are not spouting their beliefs or trying to covert others. I believe they mostly work hard at their jobs and in their families and try to do well by others. What you are referring to is the fringe of the fringe.

This is a mass killing by a lost soul that babbles about the bible between sips of booze. Who knows how long it has been since this man drew a sober breath. If that makes him a Christian terrorist to you, so be it. If he would've gotten into recovery from his addiction, this NEVER would have happened.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

ATTENTION

The snarky posts, insults and off topic discussions stop NOW!

This thread is being watch and is very close to being shut down.

Anymore snarky posts, or taking pot shots at each other will result in post removals and post bans will be handed out.

Do not reply to this post.

(added due to new page)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

That quote is far from lies. Here, I'll quote it again:

Homosexuality, women's rights, secular democracy vs theocracy.
Why are liberals only comfortable in opposing the extreme right, and not Islam, when it comes to these values? - Paul Joseph Watson

So instead of actually reading what it says, you try to discredit the messenger. Talk about burying your head in the sand.

Is Islam against gay rights? Check
Does Islam have unfair women rights ? Check
Is Islam a theocracy? Double check

Compatible with Western Values? -- blank stare face.
Incompatible with Liberals? -Hellz ya

Liberals defending Islam is sooo beyond hypocritical it hurts. You're all a bunch of posers. Cancel Yoga!! it's cultural appropriation. But lets' let defend head choppers because it's hurtful to express our disdain for a fascist ideology. Awe, lets make "hug a nazi" a national holiday now.

edit on 1-12-2015 by LSU0408 because: possible snark after the fact

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

GREAT OP!

One day the American people will realize that ISIS and Christian fundamentalist like this character are the same, the only difference in them are the words and symbols they use are outwardly different but inside they are on the same level of development

Or level of mis-development

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Robert Dear is a Christian Terrorist

The left sure is working over time.

What's next ?

A Gitmo for anyone that disagrees with what PP does ?

We gonna have the FBI spying on churchs now ?

As a 'Christian terrorists' that abhores what PP does I want to know when the US government is going to start arming me with machine guns,grenades, and rocket launchers.

They're only playing it up because their bread and butter got caught up in lies and scandals. What better way to blame the political opposition than by claiming it was done by the hands of a right wing Conservative Christian? That way, when we refute those claims and denounce such a person, they can cry and tell us we're playing the victim card...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

One day the American people will realize that ISIS and Christian fundamentalist like this character are the same,

OMG or in your case OMA, or OMM. I can't even think how to respond to this it's so insane. Sad, really. Really, really pathetic.

I am so sorry your religion is being dragged through hell. The only thing I can make of your post is 'misery loves company".

edit on 12/1/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Yeah people.

The younger Mr. Dear was raised as a Baptist, Ms. Ross said in an interview in Goose Creek, S.C., where she now lives. He was religious but not a regular churchgoer, a believer but not one to harp on religion. “He believed wholeheartedly in the Bible,” she said. “That’s what he always said; he read it cover to cover to cover.” But he was not fixated on it, she added.

He was generally conservative, but not obsessed with politics. He kept guns around the house for personal protection and hunting, and he taught their son to hunt doves, as many Southern fathers do. He believed that abortion was wrong, but it was not something that he spoke about much. “It was never really a topic of discussion,” she said

www.nytimes.com...

What the hell ever.

Ha! And they cry about right wing media being the one to brainwash... Un-be-lievable.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

One day the American people will realize that ISIS and Christian fundamentalist like this character are the same,

OMG or in your case OMA, or OMM. I can't even think how to respond to this it's so insane. Sad, really. Really, really pathetic.

I am so sorry your religion is being dragged through hell. The only thing I can make of your post is 'misery loves company".

First, I haven't been in a mosque in thirty years

I am an Integral Metaphysician...that's my Faith

Look it up and learn something and stopped guessing

Radical Islam is the same as radical Christianity( and all such radical groups in any religion)

Both practice or at least believe in pre-modern primitive religion.

And there are a very huge number of such Christians on the fringe of this pre-modern Christianity that are prone to violence and would be more of them if the US invaded them.

Now if someone did to Oklahoma, Idaho, and where these guys hang out like the US did to Iraq, such as invading these states, believe me their would be greater problems from these groups and they would grow exponentially violent such as ISIS did

That’s because psychologically THEY ARE ON THE SAME MENTAL LEVEL.

One just calls themselves a Christian and the other a Muslim but inside, where realty really counts THEY ARE THE SAME

The amount of severe fundamentalists Christians and amount of severe fundamentalist Muslims no one really knows but likely because of the widespread reality of secular humanism in the West they are less of them because of that

But go ahead put pressure on them and they will get worse as they did in the ME

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Check this out.

He was an independent art dealer with a degree in public administration from a Midwestern college, she said, who struck deals with artists, mostly Southern ones, who painted Charleston, S.C., street scenes, Old South plantation tableaus, magnolias and pictures of the Citadel campus. He tended to buy the rights to paintings, commission 1,000 or so prints, then market and sell the prints and keep the proceeds.

Sounds like a leftie not a rightie.

Art dealer!

Remember now this is 'art'.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

That quote is far from lies. Here, I'll quote it again:

Homosexuality, women's rights, secular democracy vs theocracy.
Why are liberals only comfortable in opposing the extreme right, and not Islam, when it comes to these values? - Paul Joseph Watson

So instead of actually reading what it says, you try to discredit the messenger. Talk about burying your head in the sand.

Is Islam against gay rights? Check
Does Islam have unfair women rights ? Check
Is Islam a theocracy? Double check

Compatible with Western Values? -- blank stare face.
Incompatible with Liberals? -Hellz ya

The message is nonsensical propaganda and that's what people like Watson specialize in. I'm perfectly comfortable criticizing Muslim extremism but you go ahead and take comfort in the words of a lying disinformation agent if what he's saying gives you a warm fuzzy feeling about your ideological leanings.

Liberals defending Islam is sooo beyond hypocritical it hurts. You're all a bunch of posers. Cancel Yoga!! it's cultural appropriation. But lets' let defend head choppers because it's hurtful to express our disdain for a fascist ideology. Awe, lets make "hug a nazi" a national holiday now.

Whose defending "head choppers?" Nobody is. I don't know anything about yoga except I do appreciate an attractive woman in yoga pants. You'll never see me talking about cultural appropriation either because I think it's PC nonsense. Seems to me that you're simply intent on dismissing my message by painting me as something I'm not and by framing criticism of any extremism other than Muslim extremism as a defense of Muslim extremists.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You're really missing the point. Or rather, dodging it. Islam contradicts everything Liberals stand for. Yet Liberals defend it to the death. What is really going on? Liberals defend an ideology that stones people to death. Does it deserve repeating? I think it does. Liberals defend an ideology that stones people to death. Say that to yourself over and over if you have to. Liberals defend an ideology that stones people to death.

And for the record. There's no such thing as "extremism" in Islam. It's only extreme to us.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
this is a dude that told neighbors he installed a metal roof to prevent the govt from beaming mind control signals into his head. he also said the govt was using grammar to control people's thoughts. in short he was as crazy as a june bug. he would have fit in perfectly in some of the subforums of this site. That hardly makes him a christian terrorist.

I haven't read much into this guy, but that's crazy... I guess liberals will use any tragedy they can to pin some type of religious terrorism on a white guy that didn't fit the lifestyle of their utopia. Unreal.

You're talking like someone brainwashed by Right Wing media. Not only are those over-used talking points and rhetoric, it's complete nonsense.

So I assume, then, that you've got proof this guy is a Conservative Christian?

Why do I need to provide proof of something I haven't addressed? I was talking about how you talk.

Never once have I seen that term used on a murderer that is a minority. I'm sure you can shed some light for me though, so that you're not completely wrong. Amirite?

That makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Fromabove

What the hell does Islam have to do with this?

Nothing.

It's irrelevant and off topic.

Stop trying to muddy the waters.

I thought it had to do with "Christian terrorism." So now that it's not to your benefit, it's no longer fun to use it?

Talk to someone that beliefs Christianity has a lot to do with it. I have focused on the political propaganda and how this man MAY have been subjected to it.

I've left the door open for many possibilities and have not spoken in absolutes. It is funny to watch people squirm over this issue though. People are scared that he may be a Christian brainwashed conservative because then they have to answer for the propaganda.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Yup, cry baby victims. That's what we are witnessing here.

As far as the Left and those you listed, what does it have to do with the topic?

Have to change the subject to take the attention off of yourselves?
edit on 1-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

But go ahead put pressure on them and they will get worse as they did in the ME

Which is precisely what the thinking in the OP does. Do you not see that?

The quote I responded to in your post is really the only one I could respond to, because the rest of it doesn't 't really make much sense. I'm sorry you think Christians are killers. They aren 't .

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The Quran teaches that christians and jews and non-believers are infidels and even teaches muslims to never make freinds with them.Also teaches to kill the infidels whereever you find them.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ti be a terrorist in the modern term it implies he is a part of larger group with a defied agenda or is sympathetic to that group.

We don't know why he attacked, we don't even know why he selected PP. There is no indication of him getting assistance or guidence/support from other like minded groups.

He, from all accounts, seems to be a loner and quite a crazy one at that. His attack was horrible, no doubt and is to be condemned. It caused terror but I really wouldn't classify it as a terroristic attack without far more evidence to his motives and or belonging to groups with similar agendas. From the reports I have seen this is a very troubled, mentally ill person who, once again slipped through our mental health system and society.

If you are going to classify this as modern terrorism then you might as well start classifying gang shootings and the like as that. I just don't see that man as a soldier in any larger group or movement, which would be my definition of a terrorist. To me, he is just a horrible person and murderer, that's enough to give him a death sentence to me.

How does defining him as a terrorist change things? I'm curious. Those that say he is one, how does that change things? Do you want to have FBI watching them? I'm interested in your ideas.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I wanted to say too, before I leave for work, that Dear is insane of course, and obviously not a true Christian in any venue except perhaps his own demented brain, but I want you to know that I think the whole of ISIL is insane. Bees are drawn to honey, and psychopaths are drawn to ISIL. It's the perfect scenario for them to gather and justify their deeds.

I'm not somebody who thinks groups are bad, because some are. I can see beyond that, and I know most people can. It's the one's who can't, like some in this thread, that promote and support problems.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

You're really missing the point. Or rather, dodging it. Islam contradicts everything Liberals stand for. Yet Liberals defend it to the death.

No, you're deliberately trying to dodge the topic of the thread by discussing a different group of extremists and making completely false allegations.

Who is defending Muslim extremists, terrorists or savage acts of barbarism like stoning people? Why do you think stoning is an exclusively fundamentalist Muslim thing?

Huffington Post - Kevin Swanson And Dave Buehner Ponder Gay Stoning At Rose Bowl Parade

A gay couple made history earlier this month when they married one another on top of a float in the Rose Bowl parade in front of millions, sparking backlash from conservative groups -- including pastors Kevin Swanson and Dave Buehner.

According to Right Wing Watch, Buehner was upset that the float was sponsored by the AIDS Healthcare Foundation and reportedly claimed on Generations Radio that the "pro-homosexual propaganda" would "spread AIDS." However, the pair didn't stop there.

"I wonder what the Rose Bowl parade would do if we had the stoning of a homosexual along the parade just as an expression of free speech and all that," Buehner casually mulled over. Listen below:

Need I remind you that Kevin Swanson was the organizer of a conference in Iowa not even a month ago featuring speeches by three GOP candidates for President, including a sitting governor and member of Congress?

Now ask yourself whose really "defending an ideology that stones people to death" here? That would be you so yea, I think I'll pass on the brainwashing mantras.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join