It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Uncovers How Big Pharma Gouges You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
After venture capitalist Martin Shkreli raised the price of a pill 5000%, I decided it was time to follow the Money Trail to the pharmaceutical industry's deep pockets. My Vigilant Producer Alex Logan lays down the facts on Big Pharma's dirty deeds, price gouging, and exorbitantly rising costs. Are your prescription costs too high?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What gets me is how the Government has stood in the way of development of alternate cures using the FDA to help Big Pharma not have competition. If Big Pharma had to compete with medicine men you would watch the prices of everything drop and quick. Maybe the FDA needs to be reviewed on its practices.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Thankfully, I am not on any prescription medications so, I don't know much about the cost.

Not to say that I'm not aware of what a scam the whole industry can be...that I've known for awhile.

Legalized drug dealers in a large sense....that's about what big pharma is about.

At least when it comes to pain meds, addiction remedies and the like.

Methadone.....Saboxone....

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Socialized medicine? I am so in agreement with him. But in this country, somehow the crooks in our government will make socialized medicine so expensive. We have the highest cost of healthcare in the world and the biggest health issues. People are not getting healed, it is not in the best interest the medical/pharma industry to heal people.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'd love to see a President Jesse Ventura, with perhaps a Vice President Bernie Sanders (or vice versa.)

As far as I'm aware, the US's healthcare system is reviled throughout the world as an abomination.
Get the money out of politics. Then all the other changes follow.
edit on 30/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Socialized medicine? I am so in agreement with him. But in this country, somehow the crooks in our government will make socialized medicine so expensive. We have the highest cost of healthcare in the world and the biggest health issues. People are not getting healed, it is not in the best interest the medical/pharma industry to heal people.

You cannot have decent service at a decent price when the healthcare industry spends millions in campaign contributions to prevent it.

Why don't you have an ap that you can use to find the cheapest non-emergency care by code / service?

Because there is no POSTED PRICING.

That is the key, if healthcare had to post their prices for all the specific non emergency tests and services by code an you the consumer can choose then prices will fall. That is the dirty little secret.

If you go to a restaurant, by law, they must post their prices. Why not healthcare you ask? Well an identical CT scan can cost you 1,000 bucks at one place and 10,000 at another and you will not know until you get the bill in most cases. (btw, I have used cash to pay less than $200 for a CT scan that would have cost me more after insurance if I had went through the normal process)

If you enforce posted pricing and the consumer can shop for the best deal, prices will fall.

Look at Lazik eye surgery for example. The technology gets better and better and the prices keep falling. Why you might ask? Because they compete against one another and post their prices, advertise to get your services, etc.

edit on 1-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Thanks for everything Jesse

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If Jesse was president do you think he would still post to ATS? Anyways he's right about big pharmaceutical companies, they are a shining example of greed truly shows a polar extreme in manipulation of supply and demand. F U big pharma

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I have seen the price of a cat scan here, I had a dozen of them over the years because of concussions and other health issues. A thousand dollar scan costed the insurance company three hundred and fifty bucks, the hospital accepted that amount. My mother had one on medicare and the hospital accepted two hundred twenty bucks. Now if you walk in you will pay the grand for the cat scan.

I actually do not think that is right, the person who pays himself gets ripped off.

There are too many problems with this healthcare system to even fix it. Half the bankruptcy in this country is because of health care, and the hospitals are allowed to raise their rates to cover the losses. So medical prices just keep rising.

We need to go with socialized medicine. When twenty three percent of the GNP is related to healthcare and pharma you need to look at that seriously. With so much profit and wages being depending on us being sick, will they want us healthy or wait till we get messed up so they can sell us services and supplies.

I am not against our healthcare professionals, I am just saying there is a better way. We do not need to be sick. This excessive healthcare cost is tied to bad food chemistry and food preservation techniques. It is also tied to new technology, an office worker does not need to go to a file cabinet or to the printer or copier anymore so they sit too long. If they are smart enough to drink coffee or water, they at least get more restroom breaks and have to get up for that and stretch their legs. That is probably the single most important reason drinking more water makes you healthy, it is the extra trips to the can that is giving the most benefit.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Mr Ventura, I live in the UK and it's exactly the same here. I commend you on your video but it's what's known as "stating the bleeding obvious". everybody knows what's happening and the biggest problem is getting our respective governments to actually do something about it.
But I wont hold my breathwhile they try to do something.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Truly the way they charge is a crime. Being 76 and active, but now and then needing help in other ways, I got a priscriping to cealis finally. They handed me a few pills at the drugstore and they were $40 per pill, 20 mg...I refused and ordered from india where they are made, less than a dollar per pill from the same manufacturer. Just placed an order for 12 tubes of cream for my wife, hormones. $300 per tube here, and I paid $177 for the same product fron there for 12 tubes.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If I bought a company that made a drug as the one guy did who raised the price from 15 bucks to 1000s there is a better way. I would do the same but make it free to anyone not going though insurance claims.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Insurance companies don't help either.

I remember getting a prescription with insurance for my wife that was a 20 buck co-pay each time I picked it up. I didn't have my insurance card one time I was there to pick up.. they said they couldn't give it to me unless I paid full price for it, or I'd have to come back with the card.

So I paid cash.. and it was $5.60 for the prescription I had been getting all along for 20 bucks a pop. Between insurance and pharm you are in a big hole.

new topics

top topics

join