It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orrin Hatch wants to tear down the wall of separation between church and state

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: rajas
a reply to: olaru12

What does a senator do?

Mostly they drink alcohol, play golf and eat in fancy restaurants with their girl friends.

Or Hookers.

2nd

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Senility at its best. Apparently, Senator Hatch decided that tearing down the wall between old age and death wasn't enough.

Fear not -the US will not be a theocracy (at least not a Christian one).

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc
In simple word they can't force you to follow a religion OR stop your from following it. Which means that if I want to pray at the begging of a meeting, I have a Constitutional right to do so. Do you have to pray with me? Nope, would be nice if you respected my right and let me have a moment tho.

O boy, let's imagine start of meeting, everyone praying their own way... would have to postpone meeting for some time... lol...

And I can assure you - if you can live without religion - IT IS FREEDOM.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Hmm ...

Christians, 70%

Atheists/non-religious, 3%

Hmm ...

Christians, vast majority

Atheists, tiny minority

Mob rule???

Yah. The Christian Mob that Orrin Hatch (and many others) advocate for.

Pew Research Center, May 12, 2015

People always want to bag on Orrin Hatch because he is fundamentalist. But you know he has been married to the same old woman since 1957. Granted he follows a false prophet, but the president and congress grants Hatch religious freedom as granted by those people who rejected the rightful rulers of America, which was the Crown in England.

This nation was founded by rebels. Hatch is a rebel who flouts Biblical authority which says that a prophet whose prophecies fail is not a prophet. But once again, this nation would never have been created if not for people willing to break the rules. Technically, the Crown still has authority over America because the Bible says there is no authority established on earth except God establishes and creates that authority. Therefore, the Masonic lodge was wrong in rejecting English Crown rule up to this day by starting armed rebellion against the Crown of England that God established by a concept called birthright.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Are you actually serious. What the bible says about authority is a joke. Times are changing and beliefs finally fading away. Get with the program. Oh yeah and you want to talk about failed prophecies look no further than your good book.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
VERY bad idea we won't allow that to go beyond cosmetic displays.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

'RENDER unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" is a telling verse...
edit on 11-4-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

The government needs to be changed to reflect that. I agree with Orrin Hatch and admire how many Mormons live their lives.

Really??? Well, that's very nice for you. But you tear down that separation and there will be nothing stopping ANY Religion from dominating the Government. Be it Islam, Scientology, Satanism, Buddhism, Sun Worship, Paganism, Catholic, etc.

So if you want to keep living like a Mormon or whatever Religion you admire, I suggest you keep that wall right where it is because it's the only thing allowing you to choose your Religion rather than having one forced upon you.

What makes you think you'll be lucky enough to agree with which one is chosen??? Not to mention what happens to everyone else who doesn't agree with that choice???

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Are you actually serious. What the bible says about authority is a joke.

It's a joke if you are a heathen. Someone here asked me to speculate about the image of the beast and what it might be. I said illegal material on the internet which doesn't conform to 2257 statement code law, consumed by people who have reached the age of majority could predict someone like Jerry Sandusky's behavior in real life at a future point in time with real victims, not just on the internet. Within two weeks a meteor hit Chelyabinsk Russia and took out a bunch of windows. Microsoft's main operating system is called.....WINDOWS.

Further, I had a blog up a couple of years proving the existence of God, and one of the videos I had up on the blog was by a band called Blue Foundation. The song was called "Eyes of Fire". The English speaking band traveled to a fairly rare place for westerners to go in Russia, not an international travel destination like Moscow would be for English speakers....Chelyabinsk is where they filmed the video. I remembered where they filmed the video when the meteor hit a couple years later.

Christ was described in the Bible as having "Eyes of Fire".

Next item....

On another forum someone posted a story about a 4 year old who was victimized sexually with force by a 14 year old and Texas put the 4 year old back in the same school with his predator. I was so irritated I said in a post on that forum "Ebola, it's coming". And two weeks later, it arrived in the very same state whose complacency in failing to protect that 4 year old is on par with murder.

Sexual abuse results in psychological disorders and unresolved anger which could lead to murder without identifying them and couseling the victim. 59 percent of death row inmates were sexual abuse victims. So, Texas could be putting this 4 year old in danger of killing someone, or developing a psychological disorder which could result in suicide. Not all people have the tenacity to survive neurological disorders that very likely wouldn't develop if Texas decided to develop a policy that didn't include complacency.

Neither of the two instances above was I attempting to make a prophecy in the name of Jesus.
edit on 11-4-2016 by Miracula2 because: removed "n" on end of Russia in first paragraph for grammar correction

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

In Jefferson's time, there were official state religions. What he is saying is correct from historical perspective.

The Bill of Rights constrains the Federal Government by original interpretation, so this would have been one of the things left up to the people and the states by the 9th and 10th.

Basically, the 1st is to prevent the equivalent of the Church of England, not to scrub any hint of religious anything from the public square or prevent states and municipalities from dealing with things internally. This is similar to how the Amendment that everyone assumes provides you with a lawyer didn't actually do that. All it did was prevent the court from keeping you from having representation. Over time, this has morphed into something else entirely.
edit on 11-4-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well what the interpretation is and what people want can be two different things.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: neo96

No. Secular government dictates those things based on the wisdom of the people and human interests while a theocracy is based on a static mythology from an irrelevant era. Very dangerous and very different.

If Trump wins the election, we'll see how wise you think the people are then.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No. Secular government dictates those things based on the wisdom of the people and human interests while a theocracy is based on a static mythology from an irrelevant era. Very dangerous and very different.

This is how I know he won't win. It's also why I want to see him nominated.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This is how I know he won't win. It's also why I want to see him nominated.

He won't win because of democracy. See in China, responsible leaders are chosen by those who are already in power who have experience. People who have no experience in gov't or life who have just turned 18 are given the power to vote. They could be drug using, whoremongers, but they can still vote. Democracy and a person's individual vote is of no more value than the personal morality and the lack of demonic influence in that person's vote.

And this is the reason that Trump won't win. Because those servants of the beast have been ushering in violence like Fort Hood, Beslan School Massacre, the Paris bombing, and sexual violation of Scandinavian women by the POWER OF THEIR VOTE.

There's no drug testing. No credit checks. No making sure that the person is keeping the 10 Commandments. Obviously as evidenced by the meteor and image of the beast and my blog, the Book of Revelations was no peyote induced hallucination. It was a divinely inspired book which is LEGALLY binding. Therefore those who do not follow it and regard the Bible as valid are spiritual servants of the beast.

Their vote will stand against Trump. Because Trump stands against politcal correctness and 3rd World rats invading our country and shooting our own servicement at Fort Hood. Trump says lets build a wall and separate those who can abide US law from those who cannot.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Sen. Orin, there's a lot of people in the US that really don't want a theocracy. I know that sound odd but it true.

You already live in a theocracy. Right now you, your friends, your family, your children are being held accountable to divine law and yet the government doesn't require church attendance. And yet many homeless are there because they willfully refuse to follow simple Biblical law, rules that aren't that hard to follow and PROVIDE HAPPINESS and meaning.

The government needs to be changed to reflect that. I agree with Orrin Hatch and admire how many Mormons live their lives.

LOL

Okay, I'll bite. You want us to live in a Theocracy where Christian Ideals rule and laws reflect that?

How about if I don't believe in the bible, yet adhere to a pretty strict set of moral principles in my own life? What If I don't want some Christian discriminating against me? You're asking for civil war my friend. You can't force bible passages on me. You can't force me to attend a church founded on the principles of ancient Sumer and Constantine, the great deceiver.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

No making sure that the person is keeping the 10 Commandments.

Makes total sense. Not keeping the Sabbath holy? No vote!

Maybe we can publically flay them too. It could improve their morale.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What are you talking about. Your relating Windows the program that Microsoft uses with a meteor hitting Russia and blowing out some Windows ?

Microsoft's Windows has been out long before the meteor hit. No wonder you think the bible actually fulfills prophecies. I could take anyone's words from a thousand years ago and make loose connections and call then fulfilled prophecies.

Yes there are horrible things happening in the world but they have little to do with a persons belief in the bible. A person doesn't need a belief in God to know that harming another human being is wrong. That is just silly.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Again you are making ridiculous statements. Demons don't even exist. Just because one people enjoy some recreational intoxication doesn't make them evil. In fact there are many people that do and lead very productive lives and are extremely good natured and help people.

Did you know that the mass majority of violent offenders in prison believe in God and claim to be religious.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Nir vote will stand against Trump. Because Trump stands against politcal correctness and 3rd World rats invading our country and shooting our own servicement at Fort Hood. Trump says lets build a wall and separate those who can abide US law from those who cannot.

THIRD WORLD RATS?

that is one of the most racist statements I have heard on here. Do you even have a clue why those people are trying to get away from their countries. Are they responsible for being born into poverty and war zones. You mentioned the homeless being evil before because they didn't follow the ten commandments. Yet Jesus himself said blessed are the poor. And that the rich will have a harder time getting into heaven than a camel passing through the eye of a needle.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Again you are making ridiculous statements. Demons don't even exist. .

Are you sure? Before the meteor hit a movie came out called The Chronicles of Riddick. In it the Lord Marshal destroys the planet with a weapon that creates a downward pressure wave like the sonic blast in Chelyabinsk. It destroyed a factory roof. One of the file sharing websites that people like Sandusky were using to share files was called Filefactory. Another was called FileSonic.

Windows. FileFactory. FileSonic....

Hello! MacFly!

Anyway back to this demon thing. Shortly after I got baptized I was working at a Pizza Hut in Glenville West Virginia while attending college at Glenville State before I transferred to a larger university in Huntington West Virginia.
As I was grabbing a bus pan of dishes for some reason I turned to look over my shoulder. As I did, this 20 year old slowly closed his eyes and lowered his head, almost subconciously in appearance as if he was not aware of why he was doing this. He stayed in that position until I left looking upon him. I asked a friend later if this was an indication that he was under demonic control. My friend simply responded that it was not wise to speak of spiritual things.

Also in addition to the meteor blast comparison in the movie the Chronicles of Riddick, in one scene Vako tries to sneak up on the Lord Marshal from behind. The Lord Marshal quickly senses his presence and turns to look upon him. And Vako abruptly lowers his head. Vako, later tells his mate that he tried to sneak up on the Lord Marshal, but "...he sees everything". The Lord Marshal is depicted with a helmet with 3 faces, including his own, indicating that he can see in every direction.

With the Lord Marshal's name in mind take a guess which university I attended.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join