It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover up? Syrian father accuses US of bombing home, killing 6 children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

A father in Syria accuses the US-led coalition of killing his six children in an airstrike. The US military however denies hitting any civilian targets in the area, where it claims Islamic State was stationed.

The fatal incident took place on August 11 this year, near the small town of Atmeh in Idlib province, next to the Syrian-Turkish border.

The house, which the father of the children claims was bombed by coalition forces, was completely destroyed.

The US military issued a statement saying that “allegations of civilian casualties by the coalition were unfounded and deemed not credible.”

“The target was an Islamic State staging area,” US Central Command (CENTCOM) said, stressing that the strike on the vicinity of Atmeh was successful.

Cover up? Syrian father accuses US of bombing home, killing 6 children

So while the past two weeks were all about the Paris incident, its connection to migration crysis and the threat of IS, the Western media seem to have skipped the innocent casualites coming from the bombings in Syria.

But the father of the dead children, who was not at home when his house was hit, said Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) had not been present in the area for quite a long time.

“My children were killed. The refugee guests I had from Ariha [another small town in Idlib province] were killed. We were all civilians, we don’t have any weapons or anything,” the man told the Middle East Eye, adding that IS had not been present in the area since January 2014.

Altogether nine civilians were killed in that bombing, including a family of three refugees. Only two of the father's children survived the blast.

His five-year-old son was found seriously injured, as people searching for survivors in the rubble pulled him from the debris. Now the boy is recovering, while another survivor, a two-year-old daughter, suffered an injury in the back of her head that left her disabled.

The medics have been unable to help the girl, who is now blind and deaf, and perceives nothing.

“She will be like this for the rest of her life,” the man said.

I will not go into who is responsible for these lives but it seems to me that the West is very one sided when it comes to casualties and is taking advantage of brutal and inhumane bombings in Paris while simply avoid reporting the same atrocities in ME. Of course it is easy to justify their acts of not reporting, if there is no evidence to begin with, other than Father`s claim, while other pieces such as photos seem to be mysteriously disappearing.

Simon Hooper, an award-winning freelance journalist, writer and editor, has investigated the incident and spoke with the father of the dead children.

He says despite the denials of the US military, there's enough evidence of their guilt.

“The Syrian Network for Human Rights told me that the US Central Command has not been in touch with them. And it does not seem that they talked to anybody on the ground about this incident,” Hooper told RT, adding that the US military fully relies on its intelligence, while photos of the incident are disappearing from the internet.

“I think it raises questions about the rigor with which the US military are investigating allegations of civilian casualties,” Hooper said.

The Syrian Network for Human Rights looking specifically at this incident, said that “International coalition countries should acknowledge the shelling incidents that killed innocent civilians” and conduct a serious investigation.

Simon Hooper says the US military seems unwilling to do this.

So when someone blows himself up like in Boston or Paris, it could be because he lost or had his siblings and/or parents disabled in such airstrikes. And the final push over the edge could come from offenders denying it and make him look like a liar in public even if that is not the case. Evil breeds evil and they are making it easier for IS to recruit new members. Who knows but perhaps that is what the elite wants, an ongoing war to make profit and reduce population.

I`m just sad that all of this is happening and people are being brainwashed by either Western or Eastern propaganda to support and justify their cause. It will never end this way....only in ashes.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Adding a video from alternative source MIDDLE EAST EYE

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Sounds like just another normal US business day.. i'm afraid.

This was all over the news from RT today as well, and since your link is from RT, brace yourself for the Russian haters to swarm very soon.

The US will deny this over and over again, until another whistle-blower maybe will shed some light on this.

Smells like July 12, 2007 Baghdad airstrike all over again ??

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Of course Russia has so far been able to bomb cities and markets without hitting houses and civilians.

Propaganda!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Innocent casualties happen in war, just the way it is. It's sad but it happens in any war or conflict. I'm sure Russia isn't innocent by any means either.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I`m not defending either organsiation, for me both are guilty on spot. It`s the hypocrisy that bothers me. Why woudln`t the western media want to report this and admit that unfortunately it came to civilian casualties? If it`s so better than the East, then why hiding behind denial?

What worries me even more is that people are buying it. As said, this is not a road to peace but road to destruction.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
never mind please delete
edit on 30-11-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Really?????

When did people stop getting killed during a time of war?

People that don't even live in the ME, are being killed because of wars. War is not a game where only buildings get blown up, and you get to hit the reset button, and no one actually gets hurt or dies.

This man is upset about his children being killed in an air strike. Did he not know that this was a possibility? Isn't that why they have the Syrian refugee camps, and the mass influx of Syrians and everyone else in a 2000 mile radius that fears for their lives, flooding into Europe?

I can guess at the purpose for this piece, I am just offended that they think that all of us are so gullible, and brainwashed, that we will fall for this type of journalism.

Some of us are following them skipping and singing, right to where they want to lead us, and locking themselves into the cages that they have allowed themselves to be brainwashed that they deserve.

The problem is that their numbers are increasing to the point that they are going to drown all of us in the process.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Any proof ?

We all know who the masters of propaganda are.. and it seems like you already ate it!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is the brutal reality of a new kind of war.

One where there is no defined battlefield and one where the enemy (Rebel groups) hide in among civilians for cover.
America does target the wrong things too. Like the Doctors without borders hospital in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Russians are Bombing in support of the Assad camp of course many civilians have and will be killed, FACT.
The Americans and the french are bombing not quite yet in support of the Assad camp but supposedly against Daesh
wherever they may be thought to be, civilians will be killed everyday that bombs are dropping, FACT.
The Assad regime have murdered thousands of innocent Syrians, everyday this continues.
The free Syrian gangs are murdering thousands of innocent Syrians.
We wonder why we have refugees FCOL..

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Seems to me that you are a casualty of western propaganda. I don`t disagree that this particular case found its way to Russian media because of their propaganda against the west but nonetheless none of the western media have reported it. If they did and would say like you said it that unfortunately there are people getting killed in war, it would be a progress but they just didn`t report anything, not a single piece on this case, while bombing in Paris was the center of attention for weeks. Same # different plate....see my point?

Then you have US claiming they were not responsible for these deaths but admit they were conducting airstrike operations in the vicinity. So why not say they made a mistake because their intel was outdated? Instead they made an effort to hide all the evidence and are unwilling to participate in any further investigation. For what? To keep their status of good guys in world politics and keep selling you with same propaganda? Well I`m not buying it.

Fact is that these children were killed just like people in Paris and both parties are guilty of killing the innocent. I just don`t understand how people can still support their favourites after all the bloodshed.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Fact is that these children were killed just like people in Paris and both parties are guilty of killing the innocent. I just don`t understand how people can still support their favourites after all the bloodshed.

No those children were not killed just like the people in Paris were killed.

The fatal incident took place on August 11 this year, near the small town of Atmeh in Idlib province, next to the Syrian-Turkish border.

That happened in August, in the middle of a war zone, and it is a long way from France. The people in France were not in a war zone. There were 130 victims in the Paris terror attacks. They were attacked while at a rock concert, on the terraces of bars and restaurants and outside a stadium.

I have no favorites when it comes to killing innocent people, and that is why it seems ridiculous to me that any one would think that this single event is so much more news worthy than any other incident were innocent people were killed in an active war zone.

To use an event that happened in a war zone in August as a tool for propaganda, to me is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. What is worse is that people will take this bull crap and run with it. That is how propaganda works. Somebody has to take the ball and run with it.

I refuse to play. So they can take their ball and go home.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Ohh, it will be reported (see the news about the hospital in Afghanistan)
It is plainly obvious that there will be civilian casualties.
Especially if Phosphorus and cluster bombs are used by Russia, hmm? don't you think?

And since when do people suddenly care about Syrian people?
For years IS/ISIS enjoyed great support despite slaughtering so many people in Syria!

1 2

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Proof of what

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
Of course Russia has so far been able to bomb cities and markets without hitting houses and civilians.

Propaganda!

Proof to that claim of yours ?

Ill bet you'll turn it around and ask me to proof the RT story ?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I knew you would come up with this. Well I could agree that they were killed in different circumstances but were they? For all I know it could very well be intentional airstrike. And what is worse, they weren`t at a rock concert, they were at home. Fact is both groups of people are gone and you will never be able to bring them back.

About the war zone. Where exactly is that? This isn`t a war on Syria, it`s war on IS and they have no land to begin with. So you have to assume that they have their men scattered across the globe. And while the West is feeding you with how safe you are in your (western) country, evidence suggests otherwise.

It`s not just about this case, it goes to its roots. I think I made a mistake posting it under breaking news because you are in a way limited to the title and highlight of the news while I wanted to point out that media is feeding us with lies and misinformation. That`s why I used "the other side`s" perspective to show that both sides are feeding people with one sided truth which is not the truth at all. I know you can see it but refuse to recognise it for what it is...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

As said I`m not defending anyone here. Warmongers are all the same to me, they just use different approaches and sell different things to people.

And since when do people suddenly care about Syrian people? For years IS/ISIS enjoyed great support despite slaughtering so many people in Syria!

People care because they are now coming to live in the West because of it. Do you think they loved the idea of moving from their home, home town, homeland? On top of that how many are coming to blow themselves up due to airstrikes, such as in this case, killing their relatives? Let`s not fool ourselves here...so unless you support war, you should stop looking at it from one perspective only.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The US deliberately targets all who are not ISIl and civilians because Obama is the head of Isil. Thats my very strong belief!!!!!!!

The American people have a duty to get rid of him.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

I have a feeling that your sarcasm meter is broke!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join