It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Three Major Storms To Converge At Once On US This Weekend

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge

Originally posted by sensfan
You all need to move up here to Canada and experience a winter. It all sounds pretty normal to us

Having spent a long weekend in Toronto a few winters back, let me just say: thank you, but no. I'll stick with Atlanta; it's 72 and sunny right now.

Horray for Atlanta! We'll probably miss the worst of these storms as well. We get a bit hot in the summer but winters are nice and mild.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
...and this has what to do with the War on Terror?!?!?!?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I live east of Cmdrkeenkid.
Near Lake St. Clair.
Here in the NE suburbs of Detroit, we have maybe 2 inches from the morning. It is blowing some. Temp is 27, feels like 16.
And, as on 2:00 pm, it has begun snowing again.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR
...and this has what to do with the War on Terror?!?!?!?

How many times are you going to ask this?

As has been for the last YEAR, ALERT! stories on ATSNN appear in all forums.

Discuss the topic at hand or do not post.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
well if you can manage to get out of your cities, south florida is gorgeous right now, upper 70's, sunny, feels like 80 out there.

stay safe up north and don't drive if you can help it. Winter storms are to blame for more deaths, especially traffic related than the hurricanes we recently had.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Dammit
What is it with the weather?? Keep safe guys.

(The areas predicted to be worst hit cover a big span. My daughter was going to be in California but I did not have a good feeling about it and talked her out of going there. She will be in New York on the weekend ... hope thats safe).

[edit on 5-1-2005 by c_au]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The weather in North Carolina has been incredible. It feels like spring here, and in the winter I want snow, but not what other people seem to be getting. I talked to my uncle in So. California and he said all the phone lines were down because of the extreme weather. The only way to get in touch with him is on his cell phone.

I too thought of the movie 'Day After Tomorrow' when I read this thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sorry I started a topic on this guy in the weapons catagory.. but its relevant to this..

www.jmccanneyscience.com...

He says he has EVIDENCE of US weather manipulation. Don't know how he reached the conclusion that its the US doing it.. but anyways.. its worth a look. He did some serious research.

"The earth has to come together on this one."
"Impossible!"
"Impossible isn't a part of our vocabulary!"

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Bring it on, I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada and I will be getting out the snowboard this weekend for some powder boarding. Just hope the idiots in this city learn to drive in snow in the next few days. That's a real pisser when you're trying to get somewhere. I guess it's the Ontario boy in me coming out who grew up driving in snow.

As for weather manipulation, that article was interesting but not convincing. I am assuming that he got his readings from an airplane(37 000', 200 miles west of San Francisco), but who does he work for? I mean can you just rent a plane with all the equipment onboard to measure laser pulses and such. Maybe HAARP had something to do with it? I don't know, mother nature has many mysteries and maybe now we're seeing more of them

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
minus 5 here, weather not too bad, expecting slushy/snow conditions, the norm

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here in Phoenix AZ, we've had some pretty crazy weather. It's been raining for days and last night we had larger than quarter size hail, and a tornado warning, several people witnessed tornados right near my home, not F5's or anything but we don't really get tornados here, just microbursts during the monsoons, so it was unusual. A few days ago there were mud slides in Sedona and oak creek, which is normally about 3 ft was up to 16 ft. We really need the rain, but the weather here is very unusual.

dh

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is the time of the quickening
The Earth vibration is upping relentlessly
Expect some changes
And for your own responsibility
www.rense.com...
Bring down your government, as surely in the rest of the world we must bring down ours

[edit on 5-1-2005 by dh]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It's 29 in Buffalo, NY right now....We're supposed to get 2 - 5 inches of snow in the city, then freezing rain and sleet after midnight. The southerntier, which is the ski country south of Buffalo is supposed to get 4 - 8 inches of snow, and then freezing rain all night on top of it. Then a lot of wind....

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
it been so cold where i am. its been -40 wind chill here the last few days have been killer cold.i see the weather is really nasty every where.flooding in some places of the world and over here its really artic cold.freezing rain to the american south.something is brewing and making the weather very nasty.we are to have el nino but its seem the last week that its gone the other way.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I live on the prairies of Canada and we just had about a foot and a half of snow ,2 storms in last week.Yesterday it was -50 with wind chill,today started at -48 with wind chill.Tomorrow it will be warmer about 0 Far but with a breeze who knows.

SMR

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Nothing like many here,but San Diego is getting it's fair share of old weather and snow in the local mountains.Right now condistions are as is:
Current Conditions for Alpine, CA (91901)
46�F
UV Index: 0 Low
Dew Point: 41�F
Humidity: 81%
Visibility: Unlimited
Pressure: 30.24 inches and rising
Wind: calm

There is however a warning:

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service
...ORANGE COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL AREAS- SAN BERNARDINO AND RIVERSIDE COUNTY VALLEYS-THE INLAND EMPIRE- SAN DIEGO COUNTY VALLEYS- SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY MOUNTAINS- RIVERSIDE COUNTY MOUNTAINS- SANTA ANA MOUNTAINS AND FOOTHILLS- SAN DIEGO COUNTY MOUNTAINS- APPLE AND LUCERNE VALLEYS- COACHELLA VALLEY- SAN DIEGO COUNTY DESERTS- 610 PM PST WED JAN 5 2005

... A WET PACIFIC STORM WILL MOVE THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FRIDAY... ... MUCH MORE RAIN IS EXPECTED THROUGH TUESDAY...

A DEVELOPING LOW PRESSURE AREA OFF THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA COAST IS EXPECTED TO PICK UP A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF MOISTURE FROM THE SUBTROPICAL PACIFIC AND MOVE THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FRIDAY. THE JET STREAM HAS TAKEN A MORE SOUTHERLY COURSE ACROSS THE PACIFIC AND WILL DIRECT COPIOUS MOISTURE INTO CALIFORNIA THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK. HIGH AMOUNTS OF RAIN ARE EXPECTED FRIDAY THROUGH TUESDAY.

PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO NORTHERN AREAS AFTER MIDNIGHT THURSDAY NIGHT... AND SPREAD SOUTH ON FRIDAY. HEAVY SNOW COULD DEVELOP AT THE RESORTS IN THE SAN BERNARDINO MOUNTAINS... BUT THE STORM WILL BRING IN WARMER AIR AND THE SNOW LEVELS WILL RISE. URBAN AND STREAM FLOODING IS LIKELY BECAUSE OF HEAVY RAIN FALLING ON ALREADY SATURATED GROUND... INCLUDING FLOODING ALONG THE SAN DIEGO RIVER. IN THE MOUNTAINS RAIN WILL FALL ON THE RECENT SNOW AND ON FROZEN GROUND... WHICH WILL INCREASE THE FLOODING THREAT. ROCK SLIDES AND MUD SLIDES ARE POSSIBLE... ESPECIALLY ON STEEP TERRAIN AND IN AND BELOW BURN AREAS.

STRONG SOUTHERLY WINDS WILL ACCOMPANY THE HEAVY RAINS FRIDAY. WIND SPEEDS OF 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OVER 50 MPH ARE EXPECTED IN THE MOUNTAINS. HEAVY RAINFALL RATES ARE POSSIBLE OVER SEVERAL HOURS EARLY FRIDAY. THE INTENSITY OF THE RAIN WILL BE CRITICAL IN BURN AREAS AND OTHER AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING. ESTIMATES ARE FOR 3/4 INCH SOUTH COASTAL... TO 2.0 INCHES NORTH COASTAL AND VALLEY AREAS... AND 2.5 TO 5 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS... WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS ON THE SOUTHWEST FACING SLOPES.

IN THE COASTAL WATERS... LARGE SWELL AND GALE FORCE WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO ACCOMPANY THE STORM. THIS WILL CREATE HAZARDOUS BOATING CONDITIONS FOR SMALL CRAFT AND HIGH SURF... WHICH MAY RESULT IN SOME COASTAL FLOODING.

ALL MARINE INTERESTS... PEOPLE PLANNING TRAVEL THROUGH SOUTHWESTERN CALIFORNIA... OR THOSE WHO LIVE NEAR AREAS THAT ARE SUBJECT TO FLOODING SHOULD STAY INFORMED AND LISTEN TO LATER FORECASTS ON THIS DEVELOPING STORM.

Snow level has gone down a bit.Had some snow yesterday as low as 1100ft
This is extremly bad for the reason that many illegal imagrants come through this higher elevation and many die from the sevre weather we get in this higher elevation and this only adds to it.
Alot of ice in the morning today,but soon melted since it did clear up.

Hope this whole thing dies down.I hear KC has a nice ice storm.Not a good thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I live in SC and we were having highs at one time in the 30's (just above freezing) for a couple of days before Christmas. Now we are having very comfortable weather with temps in the upper 60's and even low to mid 70's on occasion. The 6 day forecast just calls for more temps with highs in the 60's. I'm enjoying it. This will definitely help cut down my heating bill. I'm not looking forward to about two weeks from now when I expect to be traveling. I don't know if I would prefer it to cool off a little here by then or not. I heard some cool air would get here by Friday but retreat again by Saturday. Sorry some of you guys are getting stuck with the ice. Maybe the warm air will make it all the way to Wisconsin within a couple of weeks but I kind of doubt it.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Yepper, I have just been converged on today.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I wish this stupid rain and freezing rain would just stop...if Im gonna get major storms give me some serious snow, its a little more interesting and fun than a street turning into a 1 mile long slip and side....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join