It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Rejects Meeting With Erdogan At Paris Climate Conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Putin snubs Erdogan in Paris as pilot's body returned to Russia

Moscow (AFP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin snubbed a meeting with Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan in France on Monday as the body of a pilot killed when Ankara downed one of Moscow's warplanes returned home.

Turkish authorities meanwhile again pledged not to apologise over last Tuesday's downing of the Russian jet on the Syrian border...

Putin Rejects Meeting With Erdogan At Paris Climate Conference

As it was suspected, Putin rejects meeting with Erdogan at the Paris Climate Conference. This is again another message from Putin that he expects more from his turkish counterpart regarding the incident with the down russian aircraft the and killing of one of the pilots.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

I can't help but think if this was reversed Turkey would raise the wardrums and have NATO more "ready" than they are now to intervene.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

As it was suspected, Putin rejects meeting with Erdogan at the Paris Climate Conference. This is again another message from Putin that he expects more from his turkish counterpart regarding the incident with the down russian aircraft the and killing of one of the pilots.

Putin needs to apologize to Turkey for violating its airspace. He also needs to start talking with Erdogan before the situation gets worse. Putin has already closed the Turkish market to Russian farmers, and has deprived Russian travelers of one of their favorite vacation destinations. Meanwhile, there is only a year left to reach a peace that is not threatened by the next American administration.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Turkey is a tool of NATO, the 'silent treatment' won't work.

Just keep bombing the terr supply lines between Turkey and Syria.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Turkey is a tool of NATO, the 'silent treatment' won't work.

Turkey seems to be going rogue. It's certainly not a tool of NATO>

Just keep bombing the terr supply lines between Turkey and Syria.

And the terr women, children and hospitals. They're just terr, not Russians, right? So long as Russian jets continue to overfly the are near the Turkish border in order to kill human beings, there is the risk that another jet will accidentally violate Turkish airspace and the terrorist Russian pilot killed. All Putin has to do is say "Sorry. It was an accident. It will never happen again.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

He wants an apology from Turkey.

He is not going to get one.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Nonsense - Don't see Turkey apologising to Greece for violating their airspace 2244 in 2014 alone. Funny how they stopped violating Greek airspace after they downed the Russian aircraft!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Nonsense - Don't see Turkey apologising to Greece for violating their airspace 2244 in 2014 alone. Funny how they stopped violating Greek airspace after they downed the Russian aircraft!

Turkey does not consider that it had violated Greece's airspace, so no need to apologize. In any event, Turkey had nothing to gain by doing so. By not apologizing to Turkey, Putin is protracting and possibly escalating a war he should be trying to end with Turkey's cooperation.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

The Greeks consider that Turkey violated its airspace so yes there is a need to apologise.

I hope Putin does everything it can within international law against Turkey (without all out war). Putin was correct, Turkey stabbed them in the back and IMO Turkey also provides weapons to Syrian Rebels and perhaps should be dealt with as such!!
edit on 30.11.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

There is absolutely nothing Putin can do. If Greece feels so strongly about its airspace, why doesn't it shoot a Turkish plane down? That would teach them a lesson.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Erdogan had better give Putin the pound of flesh or Putin will take 2 or 3 when it will seem like a ton ....

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: flammadraco

There is absolutely nothing Putin can do. If Greece feels so strongly about its airspace, why doesn't it shoot a Turkish plane down? That would teach them a lesson.

Because it's a stupid thing to do. Like Turkey shooting down a Russian plane.

It's unjustifiable. Our leaders need to act like adults not children. There was absolutely no reason for Turkey to assume it was about to be attacked by a Russian bomber, period. Anything beyond that is obfuscating the truth.

This was clearly done to get a rise out of someone. I initially assumed Russia but given all the intense chatter over the weeks on alternative news, I'm beginning to wonder if we're the targets.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

How is not having a dialogue with someone a good thing? Sounds like he's refusing to talk to his ex girlfriends or something. Wish they would act like grown ups

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Putin needs to apologize to Turkey for violating its airspace

I don't see the relevance of that , you fly for maybe seventeen seconds into Turkish airspace and shot down, that's more like to provoke something else I think. They per accident flew over Israel but the Israeli didn't shoot the Russian fighter jet down , they resolved the problem and that was it..

So I think Putin has the right to not want to talk to someone who wants the interest of his own above the interest of Turkey and its people...
edit on 0b45America/ChicagoMon, 30 Nov 2015 13:10:45 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 30 Nov 2015 13:10:45 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Erdogan had better give Putin the pound of flesh or Putin will take 2 or 3 when it will seem like a ton ....

Putin is bluffing and Erdogan knows it. Check this out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

It's unjustifiable. Our leaders need to act like adults not children. There was absolutely no reason for Turkey to assume it was about to be attacked by a Russian bomber, period. Anything beyond that is obfuscating the truth.

Putin is the one pouting and shunning someone who made him mad. That's pretty childish, don't you think? He is refusing to talk to the only man who can help him defeat Daesh in Syria. Putin has already blown his chance to look like a peacemaker, now he is blowing his chance to look like he is willing to negotiate at all.

Turkey never claimed it assumed it was about to be attacked; it shot the jet down because it entered Turkish airspace. Erdogan made it clear Turkey would shoot down any aircraft that entered its airspace unauthorized. Period. Now Putin is sulking because someone had the nerve to stand up to him, and he is frightened that Turkey might call his bluff. Putin is not used to that. He is being overshadowed on the world stage by a Turk,

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It was Erdogan's cousins who were murdered by Russians first .
Erdogan personally asked Putin to stop bombing innocent Turkmen villages .

By bombing the innocent civilian Turkmen and expecting that Erdogan would do nothing to stop it ; Putin misread the issue and cocked it all up .

Blood of the pilot is on Putins head.

Erdogan wanted to bury the hatchet and was/is ready to talk it out .

Putin knows he is in the wrong and that is why he is making an apology a preliminary condition of a possible meeting .
Imagine how difficult it would be for Putin to look Erdogan in the eye and hear him say " I told you not to cross the border " .

Erdogan is the bigger guy here , literally and figuratively.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

? He is refusing to talk to the only man who can help him defeat Daesh in Syria. Putin has already blown his chance to look like a peacemaker, now he is blowing his chance to look like he is willing to negotiate at all.

Hmmm. It depends on what day it is, doesn't it? Attitudes are changing so quickly I can't keep up with them anymore. My thoughts are swinging like a pendulum. Everybody's have to be.

Could it be nobody over there knows what they are doing anymore? Too many cooks.... spoil the pot.

ETA because I'm afraid this whole thing has been a disaster looking for a place to happen, and now it's found it's place. : (

edit on 11/30/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Could it be nobody over there knows what they are doing anymore? Too many cooks.... spoil the pot.

Exactly. It is a free for all. The situation reminds me of a political cartoon. A group of Afghans and Arabs are holding up signs: "My enemy's enemy." "My friend's enemy." "My enemy's enemy's friend." "My friend's enemy's friend." (And so forth.)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco..........too true , i hope russia hammers turkey.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join