It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Ohio governor destroys Trump in rant: ‘He’s not going to be the nominee

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Trump of course will never get elected. The real question is, if he takes down the entire GOP as well. As much as the GOP tries to distance themselves from his crazy talk, he antics keep him on TV as the face of the GOP 24/7. Once people start taking his quotes and running them in campaign ads, they will use him against the entire GOP. And the man says anything, then refutes it, then says it again. Not that he cares, his supporters just want somebody to entertain them.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Well, the Dems certainly haven't done it so why not?

The media won't allow for it. Conflict and strife is what pushes ratings, therefore they have no reason to say things are ok, or to even play a part in ratcheting down peoples emotions so that compromise can happen. The media wants the drama for ratings, and the politicians in turn want the drama because it's a very public way to act like you're doing something while not actually doing anything at all.

Politics is hollywood for ugly people.

Behind closed doors they all get along, aside from Cruz, that guy is a pariah.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kiwiberry

I agree on business taxes but I don't know what the easy solution is. If a company incorporates in some country for a 0% tax rate, they live there for free. Until a country comes along 5 years later and says move to your country and we'll give you a negative 2% rate (they get paid for incorporating there). Corporate tax rates are a race to the bottom, and I'm sure some will disagree with me but I just don't have the stomach for that type of fight. Instead what I would rather do is use the American market as leverage. If they want access to our markets, they need to provide x% of their jobs here (relative to how much they're selling), and they need to pay our tax rates (which we should simplify, it's not right that the mom and pop pays 35% while GE pays 0%, it should either be a flat or progressive rate at a reasonable level). And then we need to use tarriffs for those who outsource and then try to sell the product to us.

This might be a bit too complicated but the general idea I want to see is American business, using American labor, using American infrastructure, paying American wages. If that doesn't result in an optimal plan for the shareholders, then the government needs to come in and mandate it under national security. We shouldn't be reliant on other countries for necessary items.

This would never fly with NAFTA and the TPP but too bad for them. If American companies outsource labor to other countries for significantly lower wages, they should be punished.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

An animated John Kasich (R-OH) lit into GOP front-runner Donald Trump Sunday morning, saying the billionaire businessman has offended practically everyone in the country before boldly asserting “he is not going to be the GOP nominee.”

Appearing on ABC’s This Week, the Ohio governor turned from talking about the battlegrounds in the Middle East to the fight for the GOP presidential nomination where he trails Trump by a hefty margin.

Kasinch probably has a handle on the GOP mind set.

“It’s about having a leader who unifies the country,” Kasich began. “I mean Trump has criticized and insulted women, Hispanics, Muslims, and reporters … Martha, I know you’re offended by this. We need a leader who brings us together, not a leader that’s separating us, one group from another.”

imo it was the grand design all along. Trump was brilliant in his performance.

Jeb in 16
Kasich destroys Trump??? Not in this lifetime...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

A completely logical resolution to the problem. I'd go a step further and require corporate headquarters to be within the U.S. and would not be opposed to basing the corporate tax rate on a sliding scale based on the percentage of employees physically employed in the U.S. vs any other country.

<< 1  2   >>

join