It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim cab driver shot by passenger ranting about ISIS terrorists: ‘This is extreme — this has t

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Metallicus

Look you can believe conservative media is responsible for these two recent events or not, it's rather obvious just listening to the crap they said during the incidents (where else would they have gotten such rhetoric?), but I can see why you don't want to admit it. If you admit that conservative media is partially responsible for spawning people such as the man in the OP, then that would allow you to start seeing the cracks in the conservative propaganda machine.

Maybe you should try watching it sometime instead of constantly whining about it. You couldn't be more wrong, and that's not the first time you've been off in this thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

This is why the Islamaphobic rhetoric and rhetoric for other issues that is hateful and intolerant that pervades right wing media and blogs is so dangerous. It incites crap like this. With the Colorado Springs shooting, this makes two recent terrorist attacks perpetrated by conservative Americans clearly influenced by conservative media. Though I'm sure we'll all be told he has mental issues or whatever.

First , it IS NOT Islamophobia.No matter how the left want to paint it. It is Radical Islam . And , of course , I bet that other countries have nearly , if not the same , issue. People are concerned over world events right now. This guy apparently was not right , not right at all. You have those. Please quit trying to blame everything on the right or conservatives. There are insane people in the world. If it wasnt about Muslims , it would have been about something else.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yep…just another mentally ill person totally uninfluenced by anything but the mess in his head.

I know. Put him in a cell with all the people burning down mosques and refugee centers.

most of them are already in there. Are you aware of terrorist scum on the loose?

I hope you're telling the authorities. If they're burning down refugee centres they need to be look at as good citizens.

Not that you'd agree

I new a guy once, he wasn't right in the head. Shortly after 911 he went to prison for stabbing someone as 'payback'. Only he couldn't find a 'real terrorist' so he stabbed a Hindu with a turban instead..

I'd change the people I know if I were you.

edit on 30-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
No, the Conservative media is NOT responsible.

So where did he get his Islamaphobic rhetoric from then?

Do you also believe video games cause people to be violent?

Video games don't tell you to distrust your government. There is authority to supercede the things that video games glorify, but when you don't trust that authority at all it is a lot easier to rationalize circumventing the law.

Do you believe that Islam causes people to be violent? I am curious, because Islam calls for violence and no one in Conservative media has called for people to go around shooting cab drivers to my knowledge.

I believe that religion in general makes people violent. Actually, I've seen plenty of calls for violence from conservative media, but conservative media is also more hidden with its threats. It hides its rhetoric behind pro-war messages and general lies about Islam in general.

PS: Here I found a conservative blog VERY easily that is talking about a war with Islam in general. To say that there aren't conservative calls for violence against Islam is just a lie.
www.redstate.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

You know, you are literally the first person I've ever seen who pulled a semantics argument on me by trying to separate the terms "conservative" and "right-wing". So with that said, how about explaining what you think the difference is to me?

Sure.

Right-wing: the conservative OR reactionary section of a political party or system.

You have nothing but your liberal bias to blame for confusing these people as right-wing Conservatives. We both know you have absolutely no proof to state otherwise. Being able to use right-wing as a Conservative issue is just your twisted way of claiming both people are Conservatives. I'm sure it helps you sleep better at night, but you couldn't be further from the truth. I know it, you know it, and now all on ATS with common sense know it.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Watching what? Conservative media? Conservative media extends past the television.

You didn't answer my question about the difference between "right-wing" and "conservative". Instead you opted to just call me off-topic for asking you to elaborate on the semantics argument YOU brought up.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Right, because people aren't capable of exercising self-restraint unless they are liberals. Your statement is ignorant.

I haven't met many liberals that are anti-muslim and listen to Islamaphobic rhetoric. I'm sure they may exist, but most of that nonsense is coming from the right at this point in time. You are welcome to prove me wrong though.

Define "islamaphobic rhetoric" please. You liberals are silly with your made up words. Y'all even make up your own definitions.

Islamophobic and rhetoric are real words. I am not sure that y'all qualifies though.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

How did radical Islam shoot this man in the back?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
Inevitable.Just goes to show that Islam is bad for everyone involved.

Sarcasm?

Please say this was sarcasm.

You have the freedom to decide.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Video games don't tell you to distrust your government. There is authority to supercede the things that video games glorify, but when you don't trust that authority at all it is a lot easier to rationalize circumventing the law.

If you trust the 'authority' of the Government then you are probably beyond any help. The Government is completely corrupt or have you been living in lala land for the past 50 years?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

How did radical Islam shoot this man in the back?

It didn't.

If Radical Islam were involved he would have been beheaded.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: LSU0408

Right, because people aren't capable of exercising self-restraint unless they are liberals. Your statement is ignorant.

I haven't met many liberals that are anti-muslim and listen to Islamaphobic rhetoric. I'm sure they may exist, but most of that nonsense is coming from the right at this point in time. You are welcome to prove me wrong though.

Define "islamaphobic rhetoric" please. You liberals are silly with your made up words. Y'all even make up your own definitions.

Islamophobic and rhetoric are real words. I am not sure that y'all qualifies though.

Making fun of Southern folk? Sounds about right for a left-wing bigot.

link   

So what leads you to believe that man isn't a conservative then?

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Propaganditis does not discriminate, it can effect anyone at any time. This story is a testament to that.

Some people shouldn't have access to television - it is so powerful it can effect peoples lives, such as this idiot who clearly believes what the television tells him is actually true and accurate.

Too bad you can't ban idiocracy.

link   

No, the Conservative media is NOT responsible.

So where did he get his Islamaphobic rhetoric from then?

Do you also believe video games cause people to be violent?

Do you believe that Islam causes people to be violent? I am curious, because Islam calls for violence and no one in Conservative media has called for people to go around shooting cab drivers to my knowledge.

I believe that religion in general makes people violent. Actually, I've seen plenty of calls for violence from conservative media, but conservative media is also more hidden with its threats. It hides its rhetoric behind pro-war messages and general lies about Islam in general.

PS: Here I found a conservative blog VERY easily that is talking about a war with Islam in general. To say that there aren't conservative calls for violence against Islam is just a lie.
www.redstate.com...

In any other thread, you'd claim that a site like "redstate.com" was invalid. You've shown your hypocrisy. And it's not islamaphobia, your side's own little made up term, when ISIS has been threatening the US after the attack on Paris. What don't you understand about threats?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

If you trust the 'authority' of the Government then you are probably beyond any help. The Government is completely corrupt or have you been living in lala land for the past 50 years?

And there you go. The government may lie to us, but to assume they are lying to us all the time is even more intellectually dishonest than what you are trying to accuse me of doing. Good job making yourself look like a hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

They use liberal the same way Jihadists use infidel.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Watching what? Conservative media? Conservative media extends past the television.

You didn't answer my question about the difference between "right-wing" and "conservative". Instead you opted to just call me off-topic for asking you to elaborate on the semantics argument YOU brought up.

Does it? I think it might extend to your liberal media where it is then twisted and has some words thrown in. I quote what I'm responding to, just so you know. And I didn't call you off topic, I just said you were off. In other words, off track.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The poster was asking for proof from conservative media that conservative media is making calls for violence against Muslims. Hence why I posted it. You are damn right I'd dismiss it on any other thread, but if you'd actually attempt to understand the context of why I posted that link you'd realize why I posted it.

We didn't make up the word Islamophobia. Just because you find the word inconvenient doesn't make it a made up word. Now YOU are inventing your own narrative. Hypocrite much?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Ok, post me some articles of liberal media calling for violence against Islam. Like I said on page 1, you guys are more than welcome to prove me wrong, but just saying I'm wrong isn't going to cut it.
edit on 30-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join