It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim cab driver shot by passenger ranting about ISIS terrorists: ‘This is extreme — this has t

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

People at OWS, Ferguson, Bush speeches, and so on were individuals

So was the planned parenthood shooter.

But you don't seem to want to make that distinction when it comes to the right.

As you clearly said in this post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's that EPIC double standard at play.

edit on 30-11-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The funny part here is if the LEFT really believed the vitriol that pass off on the RIGHT.

They would be walking on egg shells all the time.

Because theres 'no' telling what us 'right wing nut cases' might do.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What hateful left wing media spurred the violence in Ferguson? We know what right wing media could have spurred this man.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

What hateful left wing media spurred the violence in Ferguson

That would be CBS,NBC,ABC,MSNBC et al.

With tag lines 'Hands up don't shoot' etc.

Beforre that it was Zimmeran and Hoodies.

Completely ignore BLM for example.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So MSNBC is saying things on par with the only solution to the Muslim problem being to kill all of them with nuclear weapons?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Funny to see how far right wing "creme de la creme" of ATS is trying to justify the perpetrator. First the baby parts nutter,now this. Looks like the muslims are not the only ones having to deal with a few rotten apples among them. But hey, nothing happens without a reason. Now you will know how it is to be painted with the same broad brush. To dismiss the role of right wing blogs and sites and their hatefull agenda against muslims is like saying that the nazi propaganda machine didnt have anything to do with the attrocities commited under the WW2.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Not to try to end a rancorous thread with some observations to the actual crime itself, but something about this story doesn't seem right.

I live in the Pittsburgh news market. This occurred on Thursday, yet it didn't break (even in the local news w/tv producers listening to local police scanners til sometime late Sunday night. The Cranberry Cab Company runs video in their cabs, yet no still frame (or video itself) has been released for local to "be on the look out" or to "ask for the publics help" in identifying the suspect. Couple that with the given of either the perps actual home address OR a home where the suspect was known (well enough to enter retrieve a weapon) and still no arrest? Why wasn't there a massive police presence the night of the shooting? Again I live in this area and SWAT actions seem to be almost daily.

Lastly, Pittsburgh's Hazelwood neighborhood is a not so nice part of town. A lot of crime there (drug/gang action) and again I question why no immediate, SWAT type action given the "known" address/locale of the shooter. Something is off about the actual crime here.

I think more will come out (as a backstory) and the "islamophobia" aspects will be shown to be a quick and convenient cover for some other crime. Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Words only hurt people with hypersensitive feelings. Unless you're really close to a person, I don't see how you can let their words bother you to the point of damage.

When many people in the group you associate with (whichever that group may be), are telling you to be afraid of something, over and over again, it will begin to affect you, even if just a little bit.

You can claim that the words of others have no influence on other people but history shows that is not true.

I read the post about what a man did, saw how fear-mongering is a hobby for some, and understood how history shows that fear-mongering can be used for control and destructive behavior against the innocent (just as the man mentioned in the post did) and gave my view based on that.

edit on 1-12-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
To dismiss the role of right wing blogs and sites and their hatefull agenda against muslims is like saying that the nazi propaganda machine didnt have anything to do with the attrocities commited under the WW2.

Excuse me, but one thing has NOTHING to do with the other... If you think that all refugees are good people, just take a look at the videos from people living in those areas showing how many of the refugees have used violence throughout their journey in Europe. Many of them participated in stealing property from people, even in buses, have thrown feces, and rocks at Europeans, destroyed public and private property, and have even smashed police cars with whatever they could find.

Not all of them are bad, but a very large part of the refugees are not even refugees from Syria, even though they try to pass as Syrian refugees and many of them have brought a world of violence with them into Europe.

Noticing what they are doing, and not turning a blind eye to the continuous violence coming from many such refugees is not the same thing as the atrocities that occurred under the third reich...

edit on 1-12-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
To dismiss the role of right wing blogs and sites and their hatefull agenda against muslims is like saying that the nazi propaganda machine didnt have anything to do with the attrocities commited under the WW2.

Excuse me, but one thing has NOTHING to do with the other... If you think that all refugees are good people, just take a look at the videos from people living in those areas showing how many of the refugees have used violence throughout their journey in Europe. Many of them participated in stealing property from people, even in buses, have thrown feces, and rocks at Europeans, destroyed public and private property, and have even smashed police cars with whatever they could find.

Not all of them are bad, but a very large part of the refugees are not even refugees from Syria, even though they try to pass as Syrian refugees and many of them have brought a world of violence with them into Europe.

Noticing what they are doing, and not turning a blind eye to the continuous violence coming from many such refugees is not the same thing as the atrocities that occurred under the third reich...

...and therefore the shooting in the OP was justified? Is that what I am meant to take from the blanket Islamophobia in this thread?

"Yeah, this guy might be crazy for shooting someone, but Muslims are scary!"

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Right, because people aren't capable of exercising self-restraint unless they are liberals. Your statement is ignorant.

I haven't met many liberals that are anti-muslim and listen to Islamaphobic rhetoric. I'm sure they may exist, but most of that nonsense is coming from the right at this point in time. You are welcome to prove me wrong though.

Define "islamaphobic rhetoric" please. You liberals are silly with your made up words. Y'all even make up your own definitions.

Being against the equal treatment of all races and religions is silly. The fact is when a White man commits a crime, it's treated entirely different by everyone than when a minority or a black man does.

It is wrong to believe your country is better than others. Your race. Your religion.

To not give others the same respect you would give your brother is wrong. It's that simple. And most conservatives don't. They give their same minded family members the same respect.

Being okay with discrimination or hatred against groups is wrong. Being okay with hatred or discrimination towards those spewing the hatred/discrimination in the first place is right.

The world will never be a better place until bigotry isn't tolerated.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
on one hand you have a guy attempting to kill a man because of ill-informed idealogical prejudice against an entire race, in the name of hate and fear; on another, you have a small group of people killing and terrorizing others because of ill-informed prejudice against other races, in the name of religion.

that poor cabbie just happened to be between a rock and a hard place... he got shot for being different. crimes motivated by hate or racial bias discrimination should get the full stick. shoved deep up there.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
on one hand you have a guy attempting to kill a man because of ill-informed idealogical prejudice against an entire race, in the name of hate and fear; on another, you have a small group of people killing and terrorizing others because of ill-informed prejudice against other races, in the name of religion.

that poor cabbie just happened to be between a rock and a hard place... he got shot for being different. crimes motivated by hate or racial bias discrimination should get the full stick. shoved deep up there.

Ill double that, were gonna see a lot of crazies in full swing now because of global terrorism. They all are going to feel that those damn thoughts of killing people are actually OK.... "look! These guys wanna kill everyone, so I was right!" or "omg they said on TV they are going to kill all Americans" and another psycho is "set from stun to kill"

so yea, there's gonna be a lot of mentally ill walking the street and just "turning" bc of global terrorism... this story is not going to be the last one like it. Not sure why anyone here is even picking sides, were all obviously not in favor of radical terrorism, and that is the source of why this cabbie died.
edit on 1-12-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
People like that don't belong in our society and should be deported to Syria. Their culture just doesn't fit in America, completely incompatible.

The man was shot in the back. Have some compassion.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
...and therefore the shooting in the OP was justified? Is that what I am meant to take from the blanket Islamophobia in this thread?

What the hell are you talking about?... I never justified this, or hurting anyone... Stop puting words in people's mouth they never said/wrote, and learn to read and comprehend what people type...
edit on 1-12-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

And there you go. The government may lie to us, but to assume they are lying to us all the time is even more intellectually dishonest than what you are trying to accuse me of doing. Good job making yourself look like a hypocrite.

When it comes to foreign policy and the case for war, yes, the government does lie to us every time. And every time the general public eats it like candy. You can start here for a very short list of the consistent lies told to us by our government to justify violent interference which are regularly successful. But you already know this, so why make a contrary statement?

In regards to conservative media being responsible, I see the same headlines and content on CNN and MSNBC that talks about radical Islam as may e seen on Fox. So, I will just say it is Liberal media that is responsible since its clearly working in your head the other way around.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

Just a small correction...he didn't die. He's still in the hospital in critical condition. At least as of the last update I can find.

The case is still also still under investigation at the city and federal levels.

I would cite the source but it's being blocked.
edit on 12/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

What the hell are you talking about?... I never justified this, or hurting anyone... Stop puting words in people's mouth they never said/wrote, and learn to read and comprehend what people type...
Then explain to me why we're discussing how violent the refugees are in this thread? Explain to me why we've had multiple side-rants about how crazy Muslims are? The topic in this thread was a Muslim cab driver shot by a man with apparent anti-Muslim sentiment. How do you justify the discussion devolving from that into how bad Muslims are?

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

And there you go. The government may lie to us, but to assume they are lying to us all the time is even more intellectually dishonest than what you are trying to accuse me of doing. Good job making yourself look like a hypocrite.

When it comes to foreign policy and the case for war, yes, the government does lie to us every time. And every time the general public eats it like candy. You can start here for a very short list of the consistent lies told to us by our government to justify violent interference which are regularly successful. But you already know this, so why make a contrary statement?

I already said that the government lies. What I said is that the government doesn't lie all the time. It is capable of telling the truth at times.

In regards to conservative media being responsible, I see the same headlines and content on CNN and MSNBC that talks about radical Islam as may e seen on Fox. So, I will just say it is Liberal media that is responsible since its clearly working in your head the other way around.

Do you? Would you care to post some? I'd be interested to see which articles from CNN or MSNBC that are demagogueing Muslims.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

well ill give it a shot after you cite your specific headlines first. who knows maybe you will shut me up, but you need to go first as you started with the conservative bashing.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join