It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Accused of Slapping Teen Relative for Not Wearing Muslim Headscarf

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Some Christians do use the Old Testament and regardless all through the Bible is echoed that wives are their husbands property. You can do to your own property whatever you want or feel is necessary, right? Some Christians Churches/Ministries (w/e) do teach, to this day even, that wives are property and must be obedient to their husbands or be punished, including slapping (not beating).

No different than Islam. Some Muslims say that they can beat their wives for being disobedient, others say Allah forbids hitting your wife. Some Muslims and non-Muslims argue that the Koran specifies to beat your wife if she is disobedient.

Noble Verses 4:34-36 "(34). Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).

But other Muslims argue that the word for beat has many meanings

The Arabic word used in Noble Verse 4:34 above is "idribuhunna", which is derived from "daraba" which means "beat". The issue with all of the Arabic words that are derived from the word "daraba" is that they don't necessarily mean "hit". The word "idribuhunna" for instance, could very well mean to "leave" them. It is exactly like telling someone to "beat it" or "drop it" in English.

Islam Awareness

and that other verses clarify that wives are not to be beaten but treated with kindness and equity. The rest of that page is pretty insightful, word for word translation does not work, you need context.

Islam has sects who interpret the Koran one way while others another way just like every other religion with their Holy Books or whatever it is they use to teach their religion with. To say Islam is worse than others is ignorant.
edit on 11/30/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Guess he never was a Georgia Satellites fan.

edit on 30-11-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Absolutely. Assault is a crime, there shouldn't be any exceptions.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Extremism/Fundementalism is found in EVERY group/belief.

The finger pointing "it's them -- not me" gets old.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"Spare the rod, spoil the child." right? If you can't legally hit an adult, why a child?

The only reason a person should be striking another in a civilized country is if they are in a boxing ring or MMA octagon.

Parents should not hit their kids for any reason (yeah, I said it)...if they do they're a bit insane and should be brought up on charges. If you think your kid "needs" to be hit (for whatever reason) then you already failed as a parent.

If parents/guardians are striking or physically hurting their children because of some religious reason then they're a lot insane and they should be brought up on charges.

If their church/temple/mosque approve and advocate hitting kids then they should be torn down and outlawed. That's the issue here...not if some Christians hit their kids (they do), not if Muslims hit their kids (they do)...the problem is if the cults they belong to say it's OK. Some of these cults have ingrained child abuse and oppression so deep in to their teachings that if you don't find a reason to torture your children they see you as unfaithful to the crazy they vomit out.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Why do these these 'muslims' come to America and the West in the first place?
AND bigger question, whey is the West packing their countries with muslims?

Fact is, they will never integrate fully in society ..unless they rebel against their own parents ..and family ..
Their religion has too much of a grip on them to let them integrate into our society ..

Expect to see more .. because no matter how modern the kids seems, when they grow up to a certain age, they suddenly become mullahs ..

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: junglimogli

They do around my parts dude...as Yorkshire as they come. Packing them? around 4% in the UK hardly packing them in.
It is the ones who use their religion to control and abuse others we should worry about.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: knoxie

what's your real motivation for this thread, op.

Systemic abuse and degradation of women by Middle Eastern Muslims.

I made that clear in my OP.

Don't get sucked in M. If a Christian man had done this, everyone would be all over it, likely including me. I hate to admit it, but the double standard exists right here on ATS.

you just noticed....................

I've noticed it more since this Muslim thing has been made larger than life by the media, and it needs to be called for what it is. I'm not going to beat one up, and ignore the other. Islam is not a "special snowflake".

lol@"special snowflake"

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Does Islam allow a man to beat his wife?

I'm sure it can be argued either way to anyone's advantage, just like the bible. However, both Christianity and Islam have a history of treating women poorly, as property, and giving women few, if any rights.

edit on 11/30/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/30/2015 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I'm sure it can be argued either way to anyone's advantage, just like the bible. However, both Christianity and Islam have a history of treating women poorly, as property, and giving women few, if any rights.

Hmmmn.... This is telling

Behind verbal abuse and abandonment beating is intended as a last

resort solution to COERCE SUBMISSION

They seem to have a thing about submission and control!!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Are you suggesting/hoping that he should be raped in jail for hitting his niece? If so isn't that a little extreme and possibly hypocritical? Could you just wish he is somehow taught that this isn't acceptable and not to do it in the future instead of physical retribution similar to doing exactly what he did?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
awww, lookie lookie....the "protect islam at any cost" agents were here in minutes to derail & deny.

Wielding their standard, typical yelps of "white trash" "catholic" and "old testament". I need to go back and check. They COULDN'T possibly have forgotten "crusades, inquisition, and salem witches"........

Gee, how many attempts to stop discussion of wife / child abuse by non-muslims have we seen here ? I think zero.

How many for islam ? Every one, lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Well, other than one cultural group is currently doing about 1,000,000 X the incidents / incidence of any other group.

Sometimes I think this will register with some folks, someday. But then I think again, and say "probably not".

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Some Christians do use the Old Testament and regardless all through the Bible is echoed that wives are their husbands property.

ehhhh.....not really. You know the Christ part of Christianity ? They wrote the New Testament because it was a break from Judaism and the old testament, the new word of Christ / God. Not even slightly / remotely connected to the OT.

You guys amaze and entertain us. Logic is dead.
edit on 30-11-2015 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

In essence, a man hit a woman...

Deplorable for sure but "news" worthy?

Theres a clear agenda.

The US needs a constant enemy to justify the hundreds of billions spent on the war-for-profit industry ie the Military Industrial Complex. They need an excuse to diminish our rights and to spy on the American people.

With the fall of the Berlin wall and the break up of the USSR, the "Red" scare has been replaced by the "Brown" scare.

And its working, regardless of the fact that these groups (Al-CIAeda, ISUS etc.) are extensions of Western intelligence.

False flags are easily staged. And you know what, its working.

People are peeping around corners and the hate mongering is at an all time high.

Sad and disappointing that the masses are so easily manipulated.

Yeah, It's definitely hate mongering to notice and say something about stoning, beheading, burning alive, decapitating, attackes like Paris, Spain, 9-11, etc.

Yea, the nerve of those xenophobes and racists......being mean to the true victims, muslims, for such minor tomfoolery and hijinks.

Wait, I think I already heard the reply....CIA and Mossad made them do it.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Well, other than one cultural group is currently doing about 1,000,000 X the incidents / incidence of any other group.

Sometimes I think this will register with some folks, someday. But then I think again, and say "probably not".

How very Christian of you.

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

How very Christian of you.

I've harmed / violated you with the truth ?

Will you further suggest how horrible I am for asking for an explanation of your tiny snippet ?

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

haha, both "have a history". The Christians about 500 years ago.........the muslims about 3 minutes ago, every other minute somewhere.

When protecting "your guys" and their crimes, always say "they all do it".

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Super interesting how you join the site, then come into threads and post so many times that you essentially take over a thread so anyone going to the end will only see an entire page of your opinions. Literally a whole page in some instances. I currently have3 different threads on 3 different topics in myats right now that all have you as the last 4+ posts on each thread, after entering with flammable opinions. Coincidence?

edit on 12/1/2015 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Well that and any individual has the right to practice their religion. Not to force that religion or its' practices on anyone else.

Jaden

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join