It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bridging Consciousness And The Brain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Here is here, now is now.
That explains it, nice and circularly

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect

Here is here, now is now.
That explains it, nice and circularly

You have a Perspective, an expectation that defines your 'Reality'.
It appears that you do not have the ability to access other Perspectives.
Knowledge = experience!
If you have no experience of Here! Now! you have no Knowledge!
if Here! Now! exists in your imagination/thoughts, you have no knowledge!
In which case, it might be worth the effort of an honest intelligent mind to accept it's limitations make an honest attempt to 'understand', before casually dismissing that which doesn't fit into your imaginary world.
Your problem is that you cannot conceive of a Here that does not refer to some isolated point on some map!
Or Now as some isolated point in some long flowing thing called 'time'!
You are stuck in your 'imagination/concepts'.
Of course you cannot 'imagine' a 'Here' unrelated to some dualistic 'position' in space, in your imagination!
Or a Now!
To Know, you have to experience that moment of Enlightenment, of unconditional Love.
Perhaps someday... *__-

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

And you ascertained this how exactly?

You seem to make quite a leap of judgment about me when I've spoken no more than 20 words to you. It's all mumbo jumbo, what you've said, and I don't pretend to know what it is you are talking about.

You are stuck in your 'imagination/concepts'.

We all are, friend.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Can we manipulate our environment enough to... in a sense, bring heaven to earth?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
what if our brains receive a particular wavelength of electromagnetic radiation/ubiquitous consciousness permeating the universe? human brains pick up segments of this consciousness spectrum and advanced species would have brains that were tuned into that part of the consciousness spectrum. As the brains change in structure you have myriad "individuals" and different species that may share certain aspects of a particular point on the dial. In other words, dog brains would be tuned to the dog segment of the universal consciousness ( because of the structure of that particular species' brain) hominids are tuned into that number on the dial, dolphins and whales, etc. Empathetic relationships across species shows certain qualities of existence are not unique to only the individual human mind. Change the structure (head trauma, lobotomy) and the antenna has been altered and now picks up a new segment on the consciousness wavelength dial and the individual is changed.
something like that
a reply to: Astrocyte

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
Can we manipulate our environment enough to... in a sense, bring heaven to earth?

I bet only mind or soul can go to heaven but the sense of self ceases to exist. can one be an individual mind in heaven or does our soul just blend into the background radiation and the self is gone? without the individual brain where does the ego go?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bottleslingguy

You're cute. Your first response to someone else speaks more about what I just suggested than any afterlife ordeal. I was going to put that I didn't mean in any kind of religious sense, instead I sometimes find myself feeling like our bodies were meant to live in a paradise now. Right now. Maybe we can change our environment and ourselves and make paradise. Why do we have to wait? That's kind of effed up.
edit on 18-12-2015 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect

It's all mumbo jumbo, what you've said, and I don't pretend to know what it is you are talking about.

And you ascertained this how exactly?
I ascertained this because I shared another Perspective, and you cried; "mumbo jumbo"!
That is all I needed to make the statement.

It is only mumbo jumbo to YOU, BECAUSE you cannot (or won't) understand what I am talking about.
'Mumbo jumbo' exists in the thoughts of the beholder!
And if it all comes across as nonsense, I won't waste either of our time with this topic further.

me - "You are stuck in your 'imagination/concepts'. "

you - We all are, friend.

No, we ALL are not, friend, you are merely self-validating with the "everyone does it".
Your mom didn't even fall for that! *__-

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
got it. I think the word Heaven got the ball rolling. thanks for clearing that up. so yes it would be nice to bring a heaven on Earth I bet our first step would be to get off fossil fuels.

a reply to: geezlouise

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join