It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything about Creationism!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?

The omelette obviously. And god loved it so much he made chickens and eggs. Both is your answer!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

That was epic, you're fun ^_^

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

God doesn't do things contrary to logic.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: scorpio84

You are not helping anybody understand anything. The only thing you are doing is making a mockery of the belief of millions of people all over the world.

A2D
one could argue that judaism is a mockery of every pagan culture it burned down or tried to burn down. one bad joke deserves another, no?

I mean, sure you could argue that...but what's the point? Judaism may have made a mockery of pagan cultures...but think of the time...think of how barbaric and uncivilized we generally consider the people of that time period...it's simply not the same when compared with making a mockery of someones belief or culture in the 21st century(when we're supposed to be civilized).

A2D

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

So...would you like to show me where I've made a mockery of Creationism? Or is simply giving the creationist perspective to questions a mockery in and of itself?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

It's pretty easy...anywhere you said "god works in mysterious ways" or "because the bible tells us so" .....those are not legitimate creationist perspectives....creationists ATTEMPT to answer things in a scholarly manner....

Going back to page 1...here's a prime example of just how inaccurately you represent the creationist perspective....

The question was asked "Who created god?" Your answer was "God"....any creationist anywhere would tell you that God is eternal and was not a part of creation...he is the creator...

A2D

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: scorpio84

Am I the only one that feels like these questions should be answered by an actual creationist...?

I mean I could start a "ask me anything about X" and google every question and spit out some answer...but what good is that going to do? besides maybe a star here and a flag there.....

SMH
A2D

Heck, I feel that way. Why the hell haven't they started a thread like this? Oh wait, I know...because they are afraid of answering questions (I suspect they know how dumb their beliefs sound and having to say them out loud makes them question it).

Anyhow, hopefully this will give them inspiration.

or maybe this...calling their beliefs "dumb" is making a mockery of it...yes? Time to grow up and learn to be civil young one. This is the 21st century...it shouldn't bother you what other people believe....

A2D
edit on 4-12-2015 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Actually, those are the creationist answer. Scholarly? Alright, I'll be sure to add some Bible verses as scholarly evidence from now on.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Oh, I see you confused honesty with mockery. If you actually think the Bible is to be read literally or that the Earth is around 6-10,000 years old, you are a fool.

Or more humbly put, have embraced ignorance.

If bluntness offends you, learn to not be offended. Also, I'm providing succinct answers.

Who made God?

God made God. Simple and to the point.

Keep the questions coming.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

You and others like you have made mocking people of faith a hobby. Everywhere you turn there are people such as yourself posting blogs, videos, and even billboards espousing the evils of faith and mocking the "irrationality" of belief.

Belief could be, by all means, properly displayed, effectively communicated, genuinely thought out, rationalized, and lived...and it would still receive more than it's own share of intellectual lashings. Granted, everyone is allowed their own opinions and beliefs and granted the freedom to express those ideas. However, in many cases a fair and honest critique is thrown out the window in exchange for a pure, unadulterated mockery...much like we have here.

Instead of intellectually debating the "irrational beliefs" of millions, you've chosen to trample them. The ironic part is, most of those who would mock belief do so behind a veil of anonymity. When I serve food to the homeless at the shelter, I hear no mockery. No one is there shouting God does not exist...or that I'm a fool for my beliefs. I don't see the outrage when a believer councils two young people who are approaching the tides of divorce. Where are those who would mock a group of young believing teenagers who volunteer to help the elderly do household work in their neighborhood? Who is there to call them foolish for their beliefs? Oddly enough, no one is there....

There are those who intellectually disagree with believers...and then there are those who only want to feel better about themselves. It's time you, and others like yourself, understand that what you are is nothing other than a full fledged bully. I don't know what it may be that caused you to lash out at others you deem intellectually inferior to yourself...but may I suggest an alternative? Instead of ridiculing and belittling those with differing views... accept them as a human not as a thought. Accept them for who they are and not what they believe. If you can manage this, I promise you will have a more peaceful life.

A2D

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Instead of intellectually debating the "irrational beliefs" of millions, you've chosen to trample them.

Unfortunately, that is what happens when rational debate is applied to irrational beliefs.

or maybe this...calling their beliefs "dumb" is making a mockery of it...yes? Time to grow up and learn to be civil young one. This is the 21st century...it shouldn't bother you what other people believe....

You pretend not to be a creationist, but the falsehood is transparent. Why can't you tell the truth about yourself?

edit on 4/12/15 by Astyanax because: of croup.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

...? I'm agnostic...I believe there are things in this world we don't understand...and I accept all possible explanations...creation is one of them that I can't rule out...because I don't know. That is the truth about myself...if you see anything that makes you think otherwise, I'd be interested to know why.

A2D

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I'm agnostic.

No. You are a creationist who claims to be an agnostic.

Some people apparently don't realize that there are human beings behind the screen names and avatars. They forget whom they've been talking to earlier.

I'm not like that. I've been on this site for ten years and I remember the people I interact with. Over time, I end up with a very good picture of exactly who they are and what they believe.

You are religious, and you are a creationist. There is not the least doubt about it in my mind — even if you yourself believe otherwise.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

People change friend. Regardless of how well you think you know someone...they can and do change with time.

I was once what one might call a creationist...although I've never taken the biblical account literally....but I am indeed agnostic....even if you believe otherwise.

A2D

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Unfortunately, that is what happens when rational debate is applied to irrational beliefs.

Or perhaps that is what happens when those who don't know how to be civil try to participate in civilized debate...
A2D

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

You and others like you have made mocking people of faith a hobby.

Faulty generalization. This thread is about the creationist perspective. It isn't me mocking it - it's me giving creationist answers.

However, in many cases a fair and honest critique is thrown out the window in exchange for a pure, unadulterated mockery...much like we have here.

This thread is not to critique creationism- it is to give answers from the creationist perspective. I'll admit I've taken on a more young earth tone - but if someone wishes for an argument from intelligent design, I can give that as well.

Instead of intellectually debating the "irrational beliefs" of millions, you've chosen to trample them.

That's on another of my threads - on which I do not trample belief, except through debate. Is it my fault that the side of non-belief makes far more sense than that of belief?

There are those who intellectually disagree with believers...and then there are those who only want to feel better about themselves.

Once again - you are rambling. This thread is not about arguing about belief - it's about giving a creationist perspective. That is what I do. Does the creationist perspective seem absurd at times - perhaps, but that is not me mocking it.

It's time you, and others like yourself, understand that what you are is nothing other than a full fledged bully.

When I created this thread, I saw a bunch of pro-evolution threads on which creationists were getting bashed. I made this to give the other side, because for some reason, no creationists were doing so that I saw. Trying to give the other perspective is "bullying?" What have you been doing for the creationists you love so much - other than try to tear down a thread dedicated to giving the creationist position.

I don't know what it may be that caused you to lash out at others you deem intellectually inferior to yourself...but may I suggest an alternative?

Sure, then I'll suggest one...

Instead of ridiculing and belittling those with differing views... accept them as a human not as a thought.

Yeah, you've missed the ship. Now my suggestion - stop making assumptions, calm down - and if you have a better view of the creationist perspective, share it with us all.

If you can manage this, I promise you will have a more peaceful life.

I have a wonderful wife, beautiful daughter, and we live on a tropical island away from bothersome city noise, but with all the amenities we need/want. I'd say my life is already rather peaceful - but thanks all the same.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I am a white male...but let me represent the african american community real fast....see the problem yet?

You can't speak for the creationist when you aren't one.

A2D
edit on 4-12-2015 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Actually, yes I can. I'm not a botanist but I can tell you that plants get energy from the sun via photosynthesis. See how that worked?

What I couldn't answer is "how would a creationist feel about such and such?"

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Why did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I am a white male...but let me represent the african american community real fast....see the problem yet?

You can't speak for the creationist when you aren't one.

A2D

creationism is a school of thought, not a genetic pigmentation. you cant read a book and suddenly transform from an african american into a white male.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join