It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Less we forget, Turkey does indeed have NUKES.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I can't believe no one is talking about this. Or maybe I just haven't heard anyone talk about this wild card yet. Turkey does indeed have access to U.S. made nuclear weapons via the N.A.T.O nuke sharing program.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

What a game changer this is. Is this why Turkey is acting so aggressive? Russia knows they have nukes. My only question being, does Turkey have complete access to the Nuclear Weapons, and if so, can they deploy them.

www.counterpunch.org...

Giving the fact that we know Turkey is supplying ISIS, how long till we see a nuke in their hands as well. This is such a crazy time in human history. God help us all.

edit on 11/29/2015 by lspilot6946 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No, NATO has to approve release of the 30 nuclear bombs.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lspilot6946
god cant help us anymore than mary poppins can. Whatever happens happens.Im just glad that where I am...... NZ is so far away not alot will matter if someone does let off a nuclear fart. Cheers USA for sharing your evil weapons with anyone rich enough to buy em off you...well done chapps

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
TuAF then controls them, targeting is anyone's guess. iirc they are dumb m83 warheads or something

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Turkey has the right to have them stationed in Turkey. Not access to them including firing them, only hosting them.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Turkey can't access them without US allowing them to. But, it makes Turkey care less about the Nuke threat from Russia.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Its like saying ISIL has NUKES!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Since no one would win in a nuclear exchange why do we keep bringing it up?

edit on 29-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Yeah, that's the last resort for crazy Erdogan, since getting into conventional war with Russia will be a no-brainier for Turkey, even with NATO.

Since the Russian deployment of the Moskva guided missile cruiser off the Syrian coast and the S-400 anti missile system there is much Russian surveillance within Syria.

Turkey is well within striking range, so good luck with Turkey-Russian war, I am just glad that I am far away from any nuke exchanges, if it does happen..pffttt

If there is anyone to blame, than blame Erdogan on downing the Russian jet, to get things moving in this direction...nothing but escalation is all we are seeing here from both sides...

edit on 29-11-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Lest we forget, no one wants nuclear war. Well, maybe North Korea but maybe not, they are bat poop crazy though.

Turkey isn't gonna fire off a nuke at Russia. Tensions are rising but nukes are more like political tools than weapons.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

With the advent of amazing technology, blockers, jammers blah blah blah. NK wouldn't even know it was hit without being told.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Relax, NATO along with the US and the rest of the rational world -

will not let Erdogan anywhere near the red button ...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I think this post was in response to Russian apologists, particularly Bjaernon who is calling for Russia to actually use nukes.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
honestly who cares. even if they could use them they would not.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Less we forget, Turkey does indeed have NUKES. I would suggest that they are actually American nukes that Turkey can use if the US says so. Turkey is never going a win even a 'limited conventional strike" let alone a nuke exchange so why are they spoling for a fight with Russia?

Are they making the running on behalf of someone else, like that very small but very powerful mid east country or perhaps the US who just happens to have big military investment in Turkey, or, perhaps both such countries?

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Because Russia invaded their airspace to then bomb ethnic Turks who are fighting ISIS.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Turkey and Istanbul are part of the (almost) world government, so they can have nukes. Their actions are not autonomous but part of the group.

Of, course if you are not part of the world government then there is a problem with you having nukes.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Because Russia invaded their airspace to then bomb ethnic Turks who are fighting ISIS.

Don't think so, it was in Turkish air space for about 20 seconds and flying at stall speed if the Turkish claim is to be believed. For Turkey to respond in that time it would have had to have been forewarned. Some US milittree bigwig said as much in recent days but it got taken down ASAP. See the PCR site.

Also this site Link This bloke has an analysis of the event that is as good if not better than most.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Don't think so, it was in Turkish air space for about 20 seconds and flying at stall speed if the Turkish claim is to be believed. For Turkey to respond in that time it would have had to have been forewarned. Some US milittree bigwig said as much in recent days but it got taken down ASAP. See the PCR site.

Also this site Link This bloke has an analysis of the event that is as good if not better than most.

We don't need to fully believe their claim. My post was accurate.

Can you show me that analysis, I could not find anything through his various ramblings and rantings.

Ok, I found it. It's a bunch of the most illogical raving statements where everything is EVIL USA.

That site makes Infowars and Alex Jones look like real journalism.
edit on 30-11-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The nukes in Turkey are US owned , operated and US spit-polished....In fact , one of the scenarios from the 80s get together was that Russia would take a nuke , get as close to the Turkish border as possible. Then they would fire nearly straight up and down and blame it on the US....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join